Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 64 25.1%
  • Total Shit Stain

Votes: 149 58.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 42 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 just got even worse.

Has he commentated games before?

It actually wouldn't shock me if in a commentary box he isn't bad. Wouldn't have time to formulate his little trolls and jibes and might actually just go with the flow of the game. When you look at a lot of commentators its hard to imagine he could be worse than them.

It actually wouldn't shock me if in a commentary box he isn't bad. Wouldn't have time to formulate his little trolls and jibes and might actually just go with the flow of the game. When you look at a lot of commentators its hard to imagine he could be worse than them.
He may have done some special comments work on SEN? Can't really remember.

He won't be calling the action though as a play by play commentator.

100% this. He could be decent as a special comments in game.

Love him or hate him, congratulations to the big time. I remember trying to get him on the bigfooty podcast when he was starting and that only feels like a short time ago.

While I think he's a knob and clearly leveraging his personality in that regard to play the media villain that generates obscene amounts of clickbait, I think he's also actually very astute when it comes to footy. I'd imagine his role at 7 as boundary/special comments will leverage the latter, and (hopefully) means he drops a lot of the media baiting.

All said and done, it's important to have club figures in prominent media positions and we don't have anyone better to fill that spot for us so I'm all for it.

“The Seven Network has confirmed that Kane Cornes, a long-standing figure in Australian Football League media, will join its AFL coverage starting in 2025. Cornes, renowned for his deep understanding and fervent commentary on AFL, will bring his expertise to Seven’s broadcast in various capacities.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to think talking/reporting/writing about Footy would be a great job, now I realise it turns you into a narrowly focused, obsessive weirdo.

I spent 4 years writing a bi-weekly article for a Las Vegas media group about the Raiders. Became the ultimate chore even though I was getting paid for it. My mind would constantly be running over ideas in my head, and if I wasn't doing that I would be on high alert on social media to get the latest news so I had enough material to cover in my op-eds.

Very quickly went from being a fun novel idea to losing enjoyment in the game itself.

I spent 4 years writing a bi-weekly article for a Las Vegas media group about the Raiders. Became the ultimate chore even though I was getting paid for it. My mind would constantly be running over ideas in my head, and if I wasn't doing that I would be on high alert on social media to get the latest news so I had enough material to cover in my op-eds.

Very quickly went from being a fun novel idea to losing enjoyment in the game itself.
I reckon I was 22 when I first heard the expression "never make your hobbies your job".

But to be fair to Kane, what other prospects did he have?!?!

Can't wait to see him interview Taylor Walker on the ground after the final siren.

I reckon I was 22 when I first heard the expression "never make your hobbies your job".

But to be fair to Kane, what other prospects did he have?!?!
fireman sam team GIF by KiKA

Fingers crossed this means no more Rucciuto commentating Port games.
Rucciuto works for Fox Footy not 7. Fox Footy will still be producing Port home games that will be brodcast on 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Back