Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 62 25.2%
  • Total Shit Stain

Votes: 143 58.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 41 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But if it was Luke Beverage…

Mate, he's nailed his flag to Hinkley's mast for years. It's going to be an incremental change. He has no personal relationship with Beveridge, he's easy to pot.

This is a seismic shift under the circumstances.

Schofields dig was great.

That he didn't have the final say as an assistant coach? Nor should he. I commented on that in another thread.

After the thrashing the Eagles had from a sub-standard Saints team, he has more to worry about than his history under Hinkley.

200w.gif

The Advertiser said:

Kane Cornes is footy media’s most in-demand figure​

He has more hot takes than the MCG has hot pies and it’s made him the most in-demand figure in footy media, with the game’s two main broadcasters said to be interested in his services.

Cornes is believed to be high on the wanted list of Fox Footy and Channel 7 and if the SEN radio host does indeed depart Nine it would be a big shake-up of personalities.

“Everybody wants a piece of Kane Cornes at the moment,” Brown said on Triple M’s Friday Huddle.

“We’re desperately trying to hang on to him on the Sunday Footy Show because Fox are into him. Fox want him.

“And now that Lewis Martin’s not at Channel 7, I’ve heard Channel 7 wants him because I don’t think Lewis wanted him there from a few things that may have happened.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Kane might be a clickbaiting flog but Tim Gossage talking about another journo for being out of his lane? Jog on.

I know the Ken protection racket is widely discussed on this forum, but I feel like Kanes desire for on air confrontation is genuinely giving criticism more air, even if it's as a joke.

On SEN this morning talking about the West Coast job (paraphrased in parts because they repeat sentences a lot).

King: A couple of weeks ago you mentioned Ken Hinkley, and I don't mind that. I think you need someone who is prepared to take the bullets.
Kane: Hang on, You've been smashing Ken for five years Kingy, you can't say he's the right man for the job-
King: ... to take the bullets, the Paul Roos style shield the club from feedback.
Kane: You've called him bottom ten Ken, you've not had a positive thing to say about him for five years and you think he's the right man for the job.
King: It's apples and oranges.

Bickering ensues.

Kane: You either rate him as a coach or you don't.
King: But you're going there for a rebuild period aren't you? A bottom-out three year rebuild?
Kane: I don't think any coach is going there for a flag.
King: That's my point. Ken will be perfect then!

I know the Ken protection racket is widely discussed on this forum, but I feel like Kanes desire for on air confrontation is genuinely giving criticism more air, even if it's as a joke.

On SEN this morning talking about the West Coast job (paraphrased in parts because they repeat sentences a lot).

King: A couple of weeks ago you mentioned Ken Hinkley, and I don't mind that. I think you need someone who is prepared to take the bullets.
Kane: Hang on, You've been smashing Ken for five years Kingy, you can't say he's the right man for the job-
King: ... to take the bullets, the Paul Roos style shield the club from feedback.
Kane: You've called him bottom ten Ken, you've not had a positive thing to say about him for five years and you think he's the right man for the job.
King: It's apples and oranges.

Bickering ensues.

Kane: You either rate him as a coach or you don't.
King: But you're going there for a rebuild period aren't you? A bottom-out three year rebuild?
Kane: I don't think any coach is going there for a flag.
King: That's my point. Ken will be perfect then!

That must have been tough to listen to

Amazon Studios Salute To You GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Back