Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 64 25.0%
  • Total Shit Stain

Votes: 150 58.6%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 42 16.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

7 are boring as bat shit and they know it, and that's why they went after Kane.

For a right's holder, its rubbish that they have ditched all their analysis shows and only bought back Talking Footy, because The Front Bar was doing well ratings wise, and they tried to piggyback off them. But they have 4 boring talking heads.

9 have no TV rights and do 4 footy shows a week, and spend more serious time talking footy, than 7 do.

Oh my god lmao. Some channel 7 exec looked at that lineup and went "this is gonna be a hit!"
That's a worse judgement call than pumping up the tyres of war criminals and rapists like they usually do.

I feel like I could provide a better product than channel seven does by broadcasting a Livestream of me taking a poo.
Please don't.

7 are boring as bat shit and they know it, and that's why they went after Kane.

For a right's holder, its rubbish that they have ditched all their analysis shows and only bought back Talking Footy, because The Front Bar was doing well ratings wise, and they tried to piggyback off them. But they have 4 boring talking heads.

9 have no TV rights and do 4 footy shows a week, and spend more serious time talking footy, than 7 do.
And 3 of the 4 Ch9 shows are garbage.

My distain for Kane is summed up in 1 metaphor.

Tim Ginever: "We used to see the supporters after the game in the club rooms and if we didn't perform we wore it from them". Said by a 7 time premiership player/captain of the club.

Kane Cornes: "Those fans that booed Ken should be embarrassed about themselves. How can they even cheer games now knowing they booed". Said on the back of Ken's 12th season with no grand finals, a club record for a GF and premiership drought.

He just doesn't get it. He's an idiot of the highest order.

Booing is holding the players, coaches and club to account. Its pretty much the only lever we can pull, and based upon the results that have been triggered by Tredreas comments and our booing, it has become blindingly obvious to all that unfortunately the club desperately needed that feedback to spark a stale group.

I'm incredibly proud of having booed, and would do it again in that moment every single time If I could replay it.

Especially considering that we haven't actually achieved anything yet, and celebrating our current position, like Kane is again shows how much he just isn't Port Adelaide.

TG talks about being at the club and having a face to face conversation. I was at Alberton in those days as a kid and my father had way too much class to boo but he said what he said about game plans and poor performances.
KC talking about faceless noise from the stands when the players are walking away from them.

How you can think that’s the same thing is baffling.

TG talks about being at the club and having a face to face conversation. I was at Alberton in those days as a kid and my father had way too much class to boo but he said what he said about game plans and poor performances.
KC talking about faceless noise from the stands when the players are walking away from them.

How you can think that’s the same thing is baffling.

They aren’t the same, but there are similarities. They are also related. Have we the opportunity to criticize face to face?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How hilarious would it be if Bevo's Bulldogs end Hinkley's career next week.
Torn between whether that or Nick Watson and Jack Ginnivan skibidi rizzing in the faces of the true believers would be funnier.

I posted before about the damage that was done to Adelaide’s psyche in how they responded publicly, largely via their shills to the goal umpiring error. There was an opportunity for them to take accountability for the failed season, unite together as a club, and get on with doing everything to take their next chance. They did the opposite of what they should have done and burned a season as a result.

I feel like this club’s response to the booing though is even worse, and at this point it has to be considered in terms of the ongoing big game failure.

When you have a coach in their 12th season without even a GF appearance, losing at home to a team out of the 8 by 80 points, getting booed isn’t just acceptable, its expected. To not show some level of disgust with the situation would indicate that fans don’t give a shit about the club at all.

A normal response to this would be that the club had let the fans down, and their outpouring of emotion was a very reasonable response. That the fans were demanding accountability and a response and that the club, in particular the senior coach had a long road to re-building faith in the supporter group, if it wasn’t already too late.

The wins after that point could have in this context been seen as a coach and club doing all they could to re-pay long suffering fans and they could have gone in to this finals series desperate to finally deliver success for the fans and the jumper – to finally make amends for the 11 burned seasons and the pitiful performance against Brisbane.

However, we don’t live in normal world, we live in bizarro world, where our club functions like a cult rather than a professional sports club. So the response… and I have to say its so stupid I struggle to even follow it… was that the supporters that booed were somehow in the wrong. That they were somehow ‘fickle’ for cheering in future weeks when we actually delivered acceptable performances, and that they should be embarrassed if we did actually make a GF. Not only that but worst of all that the players should be considering those supporters, the same ones that pay their wages and care enough to hold them accountable, the enemy and looking to ‘beat them’ or ‘prove them wrong’.

And it would be easy to just wave all this away as a professional troll just saying stupid nonsense to appease anti-Port morons, but the thing is that it isn’t. He’s a Port premiership player, closely linked to the club today, with his own brother in the coaching group. The crap he spouts has to be at least on some level be reflective of the same garbage being said within the club itself.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Back