Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

As I understand it for those on the $25 per month HD package, the price will be unchanged. It's those on the $30 package who will get $4K with it whose subs will rise to $35 per month.

The buffering might have more to do with your IP speed than Kayo. Kayo did have issues 6 months or so ago but that has been sorted in my experience.

No.

If it's the billing to which you're referring, I messaged them and they told me the $25 plan would be unchanged. I just checked my "subscription and billing" and next month's subs remain at $25
Correct, the $25 Kayo One plan is unchanged for now (1 screen @ HD).
Those who were on the $30 Kayo Basic (2 screens @ HD) & $35 Kayo Premium (3 screens @ HD) have been moved onto the new $35 Kayo Basic (2 screens @ up to 4K).
Maybe rumply took issue with your explanation of that?
Hard to tell from a single word response.

Correct, the $25 Kayo One plan is unchanged for now (1 screen @ HD).
Those who were on the $30 Kayo Basic (2 screens @ HD) & $35 Kayo Premium (3 screens @ HD) have been moved onto the new $35 Kayo Basic (2 screens @ up to 4K).
Maybe rumply took issue with your explanation of that?
Hard to tell from a single word response.
Thanks for the comprehensive response.

My reply to 'Tandy' had two parts to it. It was unclear which part 'rumply' was on about. As you say "No" was unhelpful, so I took a punt on the matter being the costs. I'm not sure how much clearer saying the $25 plan was unchanged could have been.

You seem to have some connection with Kayo.

If you happpen to be on the top plan, I'd love to know whether the 4K picture is far superior and whether it applies to all the providers. Think it kicks in next month sometime.
It does start some time in March, but I may not be able to help in terms of a review. Currently my monitor and TV are Full HD 1080p only, though I might get at least one of those upgraded in the near future.
Having said that, the 4K picture should be superior to what Kayo currently offers. The question will be if it comes close to Foxtel 4K, as reviews here suggest the HD picture on Kayo is subpar to Foxtel HD. Again, I've only got Kayo so I can't make that comparison myself.

My premium subscription still indicates I have 3 screens with 4k streaming. Anyone able to confirm that they are grandfathering their previous plans?
If I had to guess I'd say you'd still have three screens until the next billing period, then it'll drop to two.
For what it's worth, I'm still on my previous Kayo Basic plan until June and it says "Steaming quality: Up to 4K" now.

If I had to guess I'd say you'd still have three screens until the next billing period, then it'll drop to two.
For what it's worth, I'm still on my previous Kayo Basic plan until June and it says "Steaming quality: Up to 4K" now.
I thought this may happen when I picked it up a couple weeks ago but it didn’t change once the billing period changed last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's the billing to which you're referring, I messaged them and they told me the $25 plan would be unchanged. I just checked my "subscription and billing" and next month's subs remain at $25

No was in reply to the IP comment. I've had high speed cable for years & at first Kayo was ok, not many issues, but last season it was really poor at times. Even the other day when I flicked on one of the practise games, it buffered & carried on for the first ~5 minutes. & I stream everything else with no problems so it's not my connection, it may be for some but not in my case.

Hopefully whatever the are doing to implement 4k fixes these issues...

Im holding off getting kayo.
This will be my first season with no foxtel for like 15 years.
Im right on border of qld-nsw so am guaranteed every suns and lions games on 7 qld and i pickup lismore so get every swans and gws game also. Plus friday nights. So i should get 4-5 games a week. Will see how i go. May need occasional trip to local sports bar if i want a game thats not covered.

Im right on border of qld-nsw so am guaranteed every suns and lions games on 7 qld and i pickup lismore so get every swans and gws game also. Plus friday nights. So i should get 4-5 games a week. Will see how i go. May need occasional trip to local sports bar if i want a game thats not covered.
Yeah, I've always wondered what the appeal of Fox Footy was for those outside Victoria* who only support one of the local teams.
No ads is fantastic of course, but is that worth the cost?
Only major downside is the small number of delayed free-to-air telecasts in SA & WA, which I believe will also happen in NSW & QLD starting next year.
*as well as Tasmania & NT who have the same TV schedule as Victoria

Yeah, I've always wondered what the appeal of Fox Footy was for those outside Victoria* who only support one of the local teams.
No ads is fantastic of course, but is that worth the cost?
Only major downside is the small number of delayed free-to-air telecasts in SA & WA, which I believe will also happen in NSW & QLD starting next year.
*as well as Tasmania & NT who have the same TV schedule as Victoria
yeh delayed games will be the key
i go to all home suns games (9) plus away at gabba.
so its the other ones i need to be able to watch live - pub down the road with a drink and some fries a couple times a year would be my go to.
if i find i am missing too much, will join kayo for the remainder of season

Thats how they get ya, 2 drinks and you're already over what Kayo costs for a month (may be able to stretch it to 3 but pint prices are getting hefty)

Thats how they get ya, 2 drinks and you're already over what Kayo costs for a month (may be able to stretch it to 3 but pint prices are getting hefty)
If i go once a month tho for $10 drink 5 times all up in season thats only $50. So thats not even two months subs cost.
I think or hope my nsw and qld free to air plus fri nights will allow me to see enough games. Wont know until season starts tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back