KDFL April 06 -Sept 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

havent been on for awhile, but i see showy#1 has rubbed a few blokes up the wrong way, not on today showy, whats going on mate?

Joeyboy said:
Its hard to go past Mick Hard has had a solid year but Im tipping a dark horse in number 42, Ronnie Surmiak, has had a good year dispite being injured for the last quarter of it.

I think you may be on to something there Joeyboy. Although I think young Ronald might have missed to many the past couple of weeks. Whats wrong with him, did he break a nail in the Heathcote Pub.;)

bradrowe#32 said:
He probably didn't have to considering they were won by over 200 points.
So when your up by 200 points you're allowed to go around belting 16 year old kids?
All i am saying is that this bloke was as tough as nails when it came to knocking kids on their ass but when a senior player (23 yr old) stood up to him he melted like butter.
real tough guy S H A T his pants!

saint13 said:
havent been on for awhile, but i see showy#1 has rubbed a few blokes up the wrong way, not on today showy, whats going on mate?

The less said the better. Whats going on with you sainter, anything in the pipeline if you know what I mean. How did your side go on the weekend.

Mappo said:
The less said the better. Whats going on with you sainter, anything in the pipeline if you know what I mean. How did your side go on the weekend.

we play next week mate, still weighing up my options, but up your way is still on the list;) :thumbsu:

saint13 said:
we play next week mate, still weighing up my options, but up your way is still on the list;) :thumbsu:

Good to hear. And best of luck for the rest of the year out your way. :thumbsu:

saint13 said:
yeah good mate how was the game sat at seymour

Doona2 said:
1. Sean Horsborugh
2. Bo Harrison
3. Tim Ross

I know our (Broadford) trip away used to run a book on the vote count years ago - you woulda cleaned up on that Trifecta Jimmy :thumbsu:

We do the same thing doona and more, i was busy running nifty fifties all day for our trip. unfortunately i'm a p u s s y gambler and didn't bother to have a bet, pretty sure no one put that trifecta down, most idiots were stupid enoguh to put money on my good self and in return the footy club did well out of it....... :D !!

Were all barracking for our old cgfl rival now that were done for the year, but i must say there not doing too much to impress and show they are a genuine contender..... whats happening there, is it injuries? fitness? motivation? or are the others in the top 5 streaming ahead when it counts most?

Rushy had a pretty easy win, as I guess was expected, against probably the side who showed the least amount of ticker against us all year, Merrigum.. Scoreboard flattered them in the end - they kicked 2 of their 3 goals in the last 5min of the match, and a lot of our forwards had dirty days in front of the sticks - Timmy Bone, in particular, who kicked 1 goal 9! Could of had another awesome game - racked up heaps of the ball, but uncharacteristically failed to capitalise.

Probably not the ideal match you'd like to play before the monumental task of trying to knock off league leader and flag favourite, Stanhope, this weekend.. Hopefully not too many bad habits crept into our game, as the lions know how to make you pay.. Looks likely that we'll play Yea at Ardy in the elimination final..

Doona - how do you compare Lancy and Stanhope, considering they both beat you by similar amounts? Are Lancy too Mitchell conscious? Do Stanhope rely on Hoota too much? How/do you think you can give either side a scare in the next 4 wks of footy (providing that you get the chance to play them :thumbsu: )

BODZY#32 said:
Were all barracking for our old cgfl rival now that were done for the year, but i must say there not doing too much to impress and show they are a genuine contender..... whats happening there, is it injuries? fitness? motivation? or are the others in the top 5 streaming ahead when it counts most?

Unsure what is going on to be honest. Until recently the lads got themselves up and did the team things that showed what they're capable of with a full list . . . since then Im not sure if it's motivation or what it is, but for some reason they're not giving Lordy 100% and I'm pretty disappointed to see it to be honest.
How the same group of blokes can be very good against Ardmona and then not give a yelp the past 2 weeks is a huge concern. Lets just hope their structure can return along with some positive, team orientated football this week or else it might be a short lived finals campaign.

Missing Saturday were Leatham, McKinna, Whitwam, Aldous, Pollard and ACK boys McCarthy & Connell - but I doubt it woulda mattered, the boys didn't appear to turn up to play. Couldn't clear the ball and get it into Lordy one out as Lancy shat all over the boys at the stoppages.

Lordy wont play blokes on ability and reputation any longer - only those willing to put the body on the line and hurt for the YFNC will be considered from here on in Id say. Personally, I do know what these blokes are capable of (maybe Bodz does too) I just hope they can turn this form around in time to show the rest of the KDFL that they can be taken seriously in September.

T.Perry said:
Doona - how do you compare Lancy and Stanhope, considering they both beat you by similar amounts? Are Lancy too Mitchell conscious? Do Stanhope rely on Hoota too much? How/do you think you can give either side a scare in the next 4 wks of footy (providing that you get the chance to play them :thumbsu: )

Stanhope I reckon are maybe 6-7 goals ahead of Lancy. Mitchell obviously kicked 10 but I did think the rest of our defence contested well. Parsons, Pell & Carver hurt Yea thru the middle.

I dont think it will come down to Brenton's efforts that will make or break Stanhope, they have amazing versatility and Id reckon if he was held (which I doubt can happen for a full 4 terms) blokes like Sloan, Harrison even Sheers are more than capable of assuming his role.

Morgan I think can go with them in the ruck, but Im not sure if the above mentioned (Pell, Parsons, Carver) are held that Lancy's depth could cover their drive.

It's still Stanhope by 7-8 at Murch GF day at this stage I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just wondering if any one knows when shaun pearce is back playing at stanhope it seems like he is leaving his run to late for a spot in the finals side he will need to show a bit of form in the next two weeks for a gauranteed spot in their finals side

showy#1 said:
just wondering if any one knows when shaun pearce is back playing at stanhope it seems like he is leaving his run to late for a spot in the finals side he will need to show a bit of form in the next two weeks for a gauranteed spot in their finals side

Id reckon if anyone would know it would be you Rohan Aldous wannabe!!! I was expecting to see Shaun when Yea visited the Lions Den a fortnight ago, the gents I had a beer with afterwards expected him back in a week or 2 so maybe he'll return this week.

Mainland, King of Ling?

Doona2 said:
Rushworth v Stanhope (running hot)
Yea v Merrigum (the wet track they've waited for)
Nagambie v Lancaster (sorry Ross but Wombats easy in ya last game at the helm)
Undera v Girgarre
Murchison v Ardmona (closest game of the round)
Avenel v Tallygaroopna (big upset for Thorpey's last game)

Rushworth v Stanhope (42pts, as u said doona)

Yea v Merrigum ( 142pts they will show there wet weather power!)

Nagambie v Lancaster ( 202pts, keen to run out 4 quarters of superb footy before finals to get the ball rolling again!)

Undera v Girgarre ( 122pts, they do very well against teams below them)

Murchison v Ardmona ( 48pts, close til halfway thru 3rd and ardy will turn it on)

Avenel v Tallygaroopna ( 28 pts, strong game by avenel, but not quite enough)

Violet Town v bye ( nil all draw, but VT awarded points, for bye not having any registered players:D )

Heres a smokey for the league goal kicking: Mitchell to kick 16 and Meka to kick 10 for a two way tie on 137 for the home and away, with Kellet to kick 9 and fall four short of the pair.......

bradrowe#32 said:
Perhaps in the future they can rope off an area on the ground for the 'kids' to play in and leave the rest for the adults.
Or perhaps we could rope off an area for the thugs. Maybe a boxing ring as a sideshow. or do they only hit from behind? or people 8 weight divisions below them?

Doona2 said:
Avenel v Tallygaroopna (big upset for Thorpey's last game)
He will need to whack some blokes with his walking frame before the game for this to happen doon:p

Any truth that Avenel's leading reserves goalkicker was spotted at the local T**ty bar in Seymour last night? After not touching it last week and with the Swan's season on the line one woulda thought Joeyboy's focus mighta been on goals not boobies.

Bit of team bonding on a thursday never hurt just following the lead of our skipper and 7-8 of the 2's core group. Dunno how i cant touch it and get in the best last week doon.

:D

Little whisper going around the traps this week is the big man himself Doona "big footy" Nolan will be lining up in the forward pocket in the Yea Magoo's. Any truth to the rumour doon.

Good Luck to Thorpey for his last game. Missed one season since 1978 i have been informed, not a bad effort. All the best

Joeyboy said:
Bit of team bonding on a thursday never hurt just following the lead of our skipper and 7-8 of the 2's core group. Dunno how i cant touch it and get in the best last week doon.

:D

Becuase I kept kicking it to you Joeyboy.;)

Rushworth v Stanhope (30 points) Pearce to return and make them even better
Yea v Merrigum (50 points) will steady the sinking ship
Nagambie v Lancaster (200 points) confidence booster on the eve of the finals
Undera v Girgarre (60 points) agree. play well against bottom teams
Murchison v Ardmona (10 points) Ardmona very cocky could stumble
Avenelv Tallygaroopna (15 points) thorpey's send off almost happens

Also, Avenel V Tally in the 2's will be interesting with the swans needing to knock off top side to play finals. Lancy and undera 2's will be all ears come 2 o'clock i reckon;)
Tipping avenel to get up in that one and undera to miss out.

Albo's opinion said:
Or perhaps we could rope off an area for the thugs. Maybe a boxing ring as a sideshow. or do they only hit from behind? or people 8 weight divisions below them?

If you go to the Zoo Albo, you have to expect to see animals!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back