Kennedy and the Coleman Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I know most of us aren't expecting him to win this, especially with lack of finals, but I think we need a thread dedicated it anyhow.

At the begining of this round Kennedy is tied 4th with 25. I'm hoping for a top 5 finish at years end.

This is how it stood before the round begun:

1. Pavlich 29
2. Brown 28
3. Johnson 25
3. Fevola 25
3. Hall 25
3. Kennedy 25
7. Bradshaw 24
8. Mooney 21
9. O'hAlapin 21
10. Roughead 21

So far this round Johnson has 1, which is easily done. Hall has 2 in late in the 3rd quarter, Pavlich has 3 late in the third and Bradshaw has 1, plus an injury of some kind.

I'm thinking Kennedy should be able to pull away from Johnson, Bradshaw and Hall this round.

I just don't see him being able to keep up a standard for the whole year that would land him top 3 or 5 in the coleman. 50 goals would be a good target for this year, next year hopefully he could push for it.

Can't see it being a really high scoring game for us tomorrow.

I get the same feeling but in our 3 lowest scoring games this year -

63 against the Swans
73 against the Dockers
75 against the Demons

Kennedy has scored 3, 3 and 2 goals respectively. That's not too bad considering the scores and I think it suggests that he finds the goals regardless of how we play.

Pavlich_Matthew.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RE: Pavlich - I'd be curious to know if a player has ever kicked 70 goals in a year and averaged 20 possessions per game. Pav has been around the mark from 2005 - 2008 but this year looks like he might pull it off.

With Hall being reported, Fev and Brown will
most likely miss games with injury or play well below their best injured you would think the JK would give it a decent crack.

RE: Pavlich - I'd be curious to know if a player has ever kicked 70 goals in a year and averaged 20 possessions per game. Pav has been around the mark from 2005 - 2008 but this year looks like he might pull it off.

From memory Brad Johnson's done 60+ goals and 500 disposals in a season

Well Considering Kennedy kicks 3 goals a week, and sometimes more. There is a good chance of him being up there. This would of course depend on if the Eagles get better as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy and the Coleman Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back