Kennedy & Mcglynn to Swans for 39, 46, 69 & 70 (More to come possibly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Kennedy & Mcglynn to Swans - Official

By the sounds of it the both wanted to leave so what can you do...

For picks 39, 46 and 70.

I reckon we will also get Geelongs second rounder as on their official site (in an artical anouncing mumford out and drum in) they say they trade their second rounder for 3 later picks in the PAFC, HFC, EFC trade.

Time for a ruckman.

****ing rubbish ! Could have organised a trade atleast, now we've lost 3 players we shouldn't have. Got no dobut McGlynn will bite us back hard.

For picks 39, 46 and 70.

I reckon we will also get Geelongs second rounder as on their official site (in an artical anouncing mumford out and drum in) they say they trade their second rounder for 3 later picks in the PAFC, HFC, EFC trade.

Time for a ruckman.

I like the sound of that. We should definitely be able to snare a reasonable ruckman with an upgraded pick. We'll just have to wait and see what transpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're going to regret letting Josh go. Ben....not so much. Still, best of luck to them with Sydney. Roos will definately get the best out of them.

Upsetting news. Sorry to lose the future "extractor" and the "mighty mouse", but they made it clear from early on that if burg deal was finalised then they will not fit in the picture.
Good luck to both.:(

Am very disappointed with this trade.

really don't think picks 39, 46 and 70 are all that different from pick 100. Really wished we pushed to try and get both of them over for pick 28 (which Swans gave up for Mumford).

So sorry to see Mcglynn and Kennedy go.

Trading Kennedy is going to haunt us forever :mad::thumbsdown:

Really disappointed to see these guys go. I liked what I saw of Kennedy this year but I can appreciate that with a few other similar players at the club his chances might have been limited.

I am a bit puzzled by McGlynn. Why did he want out? I reckon he is a good little player and would have thought with our lack of pace that he would have been a required player.

For picks 39, 46 and 70.

Time for a ruckman.

Essendon gets Geelong's pick. We get nothing but Burgoyne out of the trade.

Sydney have done very well to get Kennedy out of us for pick 39. He has the potential to be a great inside midfielder which probably wouldn't have been realised at Hawthorn. But it's sad to see a third generation Hawk leave the nest. McGlynn I'm not so concerned about. His lack of foot skills would always hurt his chances at Hawthorn once we have our best team up and about.

****ing rubbish ! Could have organised a trade atleast, now we've lost 3 players we shouldn't have. Got no dobut McGlynn will bite us back hard.
McGlynn isn't in our best 30 let alone 22. Hope he goes well at Sydney, but he would never get a game in our full strength midfield.

Sewell
Hodge
Bateman
Lewis
Mitchell
Burgoyne
Shiels
Ellis
Cyril

Would all be ahead of him in 2010.

Kennedys the killer though... he will be a gun.

Am very disappointed with this trade.

really don't think picks 39, 46 and 70 are all that different from pick 100. Really wished we pushed to try and get both of them over for pick 28 (which Swans gave up for Mumford).

Sydney had us over a barrel with this trade. Both McGlynn and Kennedy had effectively walked out on Hawthorn. Unlike Burgoyne neither are proven stars (though I think Kennedy will be a gun midfielder in 2012 onwards) so we had no leverage really.

Really disappointed to see these guys go. I liked what I saw of Kennedy this year but I can appreciate that with a few other similar players at the club his chances might have been limited.

I am a bit puzzled by McGlynn. Why did he want out? I reckon he is a good little player and would have thought with our lack of pace that he would have been a required player.

McGlynn's skills hold him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy & Mcglynn to Swans for 39, 46, 69 & 70 (More to come possibly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back