Keplar: A hunched peg that fits Freo's hole

Remove this Banner Ad

got to say it is nice having Simon White reporting on WAtoday. Aside from Belly on 6PR, Simon is probably the only AFL reporter that I have noticed that supports the Dockers as his first/only team. I've noticed it tends to p*ss the Whinehouse fans off though who aren't used to the lost attention in the West.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A natural runner with an unnatural-looking gait, Kepler seems to have a far better understanding than Zac Clarke of where and how to lead up the ground to provide a bridge between the Dockers midfield and Pav deep in attack.

That's the rub of it at the moment. He's working harder and smarter than Clarke and so he's in our current 22 for sure. I wish he was a better ruckman, but otherwise we're a better team with him in than out.

Thanks for the post valkorum, I enjoyed the read and thought it was fair.

I love Kep - I am a Cardinal. Even if he played for the Royals, I would still love him. He is a worker, and he has improved. If a player can consistently replace him fine, but until then I vote 1 for Kepler.

got to say it is nice having Simon White reporting on WAtoday. Aside from Belly on 6PR, Simon is probably the only AFL reporter that I have noticed that supports the Dockers as his first/only team. I've noticed it tends to p*ss the Whinehouse fans off though who aren't used to the lost attention in the West.

Needs to get rid of that eagles shirt he's wearing then.

Simon White is the worst footy writer in the country. anyone on this board can write a post / column based on opinion. Has he even ever owned a membership?

" Five years after I predicted Kepler would become Freo's worst ever recruit, my take is that he has to play.
He invariably finds the footy (basically as many possessions-per-game this year as Matthew Pavlich). He presents well on the lead (more marks-per-game than Justin Koschitze or Kurt Tippett). Although his kicking still looks terrible, goal-kicking aside it isn't really that bad (62 per cent efficiency). When Kepler plays, the Dockers win (5-1 this year). "

This. He has shown he is just as effective as any of the rated forwards in the game for us. IT takes time for Kepler to get into the swing of things but his best this season is coming. Also, the day we drafted him wasn't a very joyous day and now he hasn't turned into a very bad recruit alot of us thought he would be, as compared to say Jack Anthony...

There is no end to this mans powers.

Knee reconstruction and rehabilitation?

Meh.

He just discovers new planets and humbly names them after someone else in his spare time.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/22726704/earth-like-planet-found-in-other-zone/

Kepler-186f is almost exactly the same size as the Earth and occupies its parent star's "habitable zone" where temperatures are mild enough to allow liquid surface water.

He even has a team of scientists doing his bidding...

US astronomer Dr Stephen Kane, a member of the Kepler team, said: "Some people call these habitable planets, which of course we have no idea if they are.

A Nobel Prize is surely just around the corner.

Is there any history of Kep playing defence to fill this KPD position that some are so worried about?

Yes, but not particularly well. Did in the dons game where ryder sniped elvis.

also did at dons im pretty sure.

Can, but not the best fit for his skill set.

Remove this Banner Ad

Keplar: A hunched peg that fits Freo's hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Back