List Mgmt. Kevin White - Head of Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

You only needed to watch this afternoons game to know that Kev is….

No Way Reaction GIF

Skills are usually bettered by repetition which is usually associated with training. Fitness comes into it to help players cope with applying those skills but its the coaches who should be implementing skills at training not the fitness guy..

His work in the prevention/management space has been good. Gone are the days of poorly managed injuries ruining seasons or careers. (Think Corr's toe and Will Walker's knee)

We are still behind the pack fitness wise, but that's been a problem for over a decade. Need attitudes to change among the playing group, for that to improve.

Skills are usually bettered by repetition which is usually associated with training. Fitness comes into it to help players cope with applying those skills but its the coaches who should be implementing skills at training not the fitness guy..

I thought the clue would have been the sarcastic capital letters but anyway thanks

You only needed to watch this afternoons game to know that Kev is….

No Way Reaction GIF
We've been small and weak and everything for a long, long time. Others are right, he deserves his praise on the injury front. If there's a streak of laziness that's run through North players since 2009 and been passed on from playing group to playing group, it's not his job to stick a red hot poker up their arses. Only the players can make the players fitter/stronger/all of that. Unless we resort to Stasi techniques of hard power, something which I wouldn't necessarily be against, given the evident lack of overall development for the past umpteen years, it's on them

Last edited:
We've been small and weak and everything for a long, long time. Others are right, he deserves his praise on the injury front. If there's a streak of laziness that's run through North players since 2009 and been passed on from playing group to playing group, it's not his job to stick a red hot poker up their arses. Only the players can make the players fitter/stronger/all of that. Unless we resort to Stasi techniques of hard power, something which I wouldn't necessarily be against, given the evident lack of overall development for the past umpteen years, it's on them
Bring back Steve Saunders

White doesn't do the strength/gym program. Sheez said it was some guy John Layton earlier in the year.
I would guess White just does the fitness and injury prevention side.

Thats the path Noble chose but put these weak as piss players offside didnt he

Thats the path Noble chose but put these weak as piss players offside didnt he
Guess there's a line there. Noble apparently went full Stasi on a specific player, which is pretty ordinary. But coercing them as a collective into working harder (no idea how that would unfold) would be ok by me

His work in the prevention/management space has been good. Gone are the days of poorly managed injuries ruining seasons or careers. (Think Corr's toe and Will Walker's knee)

Yes, this, it is a big improvement.

We are still behind the pack fitness wise, but that's been a problem for over a decade. Need attitudes to change among the playing group, for that to improve.

Also the coaching staff, I'm told Xavier Clarke was shocked at training standard when he arrived and when he told Clarko, Alistair said that's why I've got you in here now.

Also the coaching staff, I'm told Xavier Clarke was shocked at training standard when he arrived and when he told Clarko, Alistair said that's why I've got you in here now.
I reckon I can find a comment made by Shaws and Nobles and any new assistant that has been brought across to club and they are all shocked and appalled at the fitness levels of our playing group.
The issue is nothing is ever done about it.

Until we see the week to week competitiveness improve amongst the playing group this is all bullshit.

It really is unbelievable how our standards were able to drop so low.

At least there is an awareness of our situation now.
Going to take some time to catch up properly, because the rest of the comp isn't standing still unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the town drunk said similar as he staggered past. He never played a game of footy fyi.

But did offer some advice. Which was, "the difference between us lot is I know I'm ****ed".

oh well

John Blakey was shocked too IIRC?

That's great, 4 years since that happened and nothing was done about it. Maybe actually fix the issue this time.
It's why you don't want a rolling rebuild that restarts 3 times in 4 years. All need their time to get the lay of the land, all need to start getting their own imprint on the game plan, all need to start overhauling previous procedures. Best of all it's all necessary stuff, so it means some other (really ****ing important) stuff will just continue to fester because there's only so much you can do in so little time.

That's before even adressing the fact that we would regress on some fronts with every coaching hand over lol. Leadership the most salient example. Jack, Cunners, Taz, Higgo, etc etc etc etc. Gone and their replacements have just known us being shithouse 90% of their career.

Fun fun.

tl;dr everything is ****
We're paying for the sins of the far past, the past, and the recent past, and they've all snowballed.
Thats a lot of sins to pay for, and basically the only way to do it is to have as much stability as possible while nailing as many decisions as possible.

Injury prevention side of things seems to be one of the areas we have a tick.

There just isn’t the money or talent for us to run that type of system. College football is huge because of the relatively small number of teams and the number of mid sized US cities.

Yeah, agreed. Interesting to think about though.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

White doesn't do the strength/gym program. Sheez said it was some guy John Layton earlier in the year.
I would guess White just does the fitness and injury prevention side.

Is this him?

1725892658284.png

John Blakey was shocked too IIRC?

That's great, 4 years since that happened and nothing was done about it. Maybe actually fix the issue this time.
Its cause the playing group is just going through the motions, it's been obvious for a long time.
At this stage I'm not sure how any coach can them going, the drive has to come from within the group.

Normally you'd just cycle through employment, picking up ones who won't, until you get ones who can but we've hit the stage we've kids being role models to kids.

Its cause the playing group is just going through the motions, it's been obvious for a long time.
At this stage I'm not sure how any coach can them going, the drive has to come from within the group.

Normally you'd just cycle through employment, picking up ones who won't, until you get ones who can but we've hit the stage we've kids being role models to kids.

Much like monkey butlers, Sheez will teach others

One thing we know for certain is our club better invest a lot of $$ in this department and get the very best because players like Harry will be mighty dissatisfied if we don’t keep up with the other clubs in this area. It’s already such a huge focus for Harry.

I think at this point we'll get better results by just making Harry head of performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Kevin White - Head of Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back