List Mgmt. Kevin White - Head of Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

White doesn't do the strength/gym program. Sheez said it was some guy John Layton earlier in the year.
I would guess White just does the fitness and injury prevention side.
That's the problem then, no-one even knows who he is,,,,,I bet Curtis Taylor and Stevo never met him either! Although to be fair no gym/strength program is complete without an appropriate nutrition plan. And while players may do most of their weights at the club, it's near impossible to monitor nutrition 24/7, that just comes down to the individual. Also most of those gains are to be had in pre-season putting more and more onus and responsibility on the individual.

Last edited:

That's the problem then, no-one even knows who he is,,,,,I bet Curtis Taylor and Stevo never met him either! Although to be fair no gym/strength program is complete without an appropriate nutrition plan. And while players may do most of their weights at the club, it's near impossible to monitor nutrition 24/7, that just comes down to the individual. Also most of those gains are to be had in pre-season putting more and more onus and responsibility on the individual.
You can teach them how to weigh and track their food, have them do that and monitor their food tracking. If they lie to a degree that matters it'll become readily apparent after a while, because their body will otherwise be defying the law of thermodynamics. From there it's on the coaching team to make a statement.

The issue most elite sporting teams find is that coaches generally want to play their best team. Which means they're reluctant to drop ol Joe Smith because he's 1kg heavier when he should be 1kg lighter, because even slightly heavier Joe Smith is in better form than his replacement.

And thus the cycle of mediocrity kicks in where good enough becomes the standard over excellence.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Kevin White - Head of Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back