Kicks after the siren to win...

Remove this Banner Ad

I do remember a kick after the siren to lose a game......R9 2001, Marcus Picken had to roost one from the Gabba centre square to win a game against the Crows and fell about 5m short. Lions wouldn't lose again until R6 the next year.

I remember D.Motlop missed an easy one. You could tell on his face he didn't want the kick.

Never in my life have I seen a player look as nervous as he did before he took that kick. Honestly looked like he was about to throw up.

What sort of dunce would start a thread titled "Kicks after the siren to win..." and then make the thread about kicks after the siren which missed and the team lost?

Oh, it was a Collingwood fan, nuff said.

What you saying? That missing after the siren is a Collingwood problem? I don't understand.

I think the odd thing is that this is a weird bump from 5 years ago. Anyone else notice that?

But,

Paul Sumich - Prelim 1990 - 20m out, acute angle - 1 point down - Misses and sends the pies and the eagles into the last replayed finals game.

I remember back in 2000 or 20001, Dal Santo fell short after the siren against the Swans at Docklands. He went the big torp but fell just short. The game ended up being a draw.

Gary Buckenara's goal to win the 1987 Preliminary Final against Melbourne after the final siren had sounded.

The Hawks kicked against a strong wind for 3 quarters that day, so it was justice to get some luck right at the end. Thanks Jimmy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicks after the siren to win...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back