• King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Blake or King for the GF?

Footy classified did Blake no favours last night by showing that footage from prelim thats for sure....

Did look very ordinary though and there was more they left out....

Blake was found wanting by the speed and pressure of the game,the granny will be no easier.Did Ok in the ruck (no opposition though) but was out of his depth around the ground.
Lade and Brogan are a more fearsome combination and will need to be matched physically.For this reason King is the best option.
It's really sad for Blake,but do we want to win a premiership or not?

who were the rucks against port last time and how did they go??

Blake was in the team against Port and could not get near the ball. Lade would position himself (boundary and stop plays) and become the immovable obstruction (aka King 3-4 years ago). Lade did some sensational taps to Burgoyne, one of which resulted in a goal.

Blake was way out of his class in that last match against Port.

No doubt Blake must make way for King.

Fair dinkum, King played three senior games toward the end of the year, one good and two pretty darn average and suddenly he's the saviour that's going to help win us a flag.

Doesn't matter how good he's been going in the reserves, he had his chance at senior level and quite frankly he blew it, whereas Blake has had a very good consistent year.

I agree there's a slight worry about Blake standing up to the pressure, but exactly the same can be said about King, so why replace the guy who's done the job all year with someone whose best is clearly behind him.

If it ain't broke don't fix it...

That's it in a nut shell, IT"S BROKEN.
I am a fan of Blakes but after watching live on friday he's just not ready.
Lade and Brogan will make mush out of him.Otto will need rests and we can't afford momentem changes when he does as happened against the woods. :(

If Blake couldnt match it with Collingwood's dud ruckmen, how on earth does he stand a change against Lade + Brogan? As much as it pains me to say it........ King must come in for the Grand Final. Blake's the type of player that could lose a game (like byrnes). He's just not ready yet :(

That's it in a nut shell, IT"S BROKEN.
I am a fan of Blakes but after watching live on friday he's just not ready.
Lade and Brogan will make mush out of him.Otto will need rests and we can't afford momentem changes when he does as happened against the woods. :(

I get where u r coming from and look we all want to c a premiership no matter who gets a game. I think it would be teriffic for the former skip to be apart of it but as a player is he that much better than Blake? Whilst Blake wasn't superb on Friday night neither were other young players (Selwood, Byrnes?). I think nerves got the better of most of the side and they will be better for it come Saturday.
Blake has done the job all year and you can't ditch him on one bad night. King hasn't been that superb anyway. I wish everyone could have the chance to b apart of it and feel bad for Kingy but i can't c Bomber changing a winning formula.

I have been a fan of Blakes all year, and if we were playing North I would be all for keeping him in, however against Port he is not the best option.

No body is suggesting King's form has been sensational or that he will be the saviour, only that he will be a better match for Brogan and Lade.

Check some replays, when Blake has been in the ruck (the last month of a long season), the opposition score, momentum swings. King might not be a better player atm, but he is a far better option against Port.

Got to look at the now Chappy. Who is the better option this week? Blake is a worry and the hardened, experienced King (who by the way, has strung 6-7 very good games together now) looks a far better proposition against Lade and Brogan.

Does he? In what regard?

wat bout 3 ruckmen? otto could go forward and have a break, king could take over and blake on bench could support the two rucks and give one a rest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been a fan of Blakes all year, and if we were playing North I would be all for keeping him in, however against Port he is not the best option.

No body is suggesting King's form has been sensational or that he will be the saviour, only that he will be a better match for Brogan and Lade.

Check some replays, when Blake has been in the ruck (the last month of a long season), the opposition score, momentum swings. King might not be a better player atm, but he is a far better option against Port.

Everyone keeps saying that King has been poor when he has come back into the seniors. HOwever in every game he has rucked with Blake neither have done much. To say Blake has been better is a bit of a stretch if you ask me, although he did perform very well against Richmond. Blake has had opportunities in two finals and previously against port...he has not done much, if anything, and perhaps was even a liability against Collingwood. King to match Blakes output would only have to hold his ground and not even touch the pill...however, we all know that King has the potential to be a bit more effective and is more likely to hold key defensive marks, not panic under pressure and have more defensive presense (i.e. apply a tackle!). Whether or not he actually does much in the GF is irrelevant because i can't see Blake actually doing much at all. Ottens is our number one, and we need to be able to give more the 39% gametime to our second choice to allow O'Brad to push forward. My Vote is with King, he is simply the better matchup against Lade and Brogan who are already very confident against Blake.

Considering Port again kicked 10 from stoppages, this choice is pretty damn critical. They will play 2 ruckmen on the field a lot to try and exploit us and are equally damaging by having Lade slip forward and Brogan plug the defensive hole. I would be a bit more confident with King in a defensive marking role on Lade.

C'arn the Cats!

King or Blake ?

Who do you think that we should play of the two ruckmen? I would go with King, because the Grand Final is a different game to most, and what is needed is experience, poise and toughness. I hate to say it, but Blake dropped a couple of marks last week, struggled with the pressure, doesn't have the size to combat Lade or Brogan, and can't kick. The last thing we need is for Blake to screw up a kick, and set up Port for a goal. I would back King, who, statistically, we play King, we usually win.

Blake will get his time. In the meantime, he can get some pace, practise his kicking and marking.

Re: King or Blake ?

Who do you think that we should play of the two ruckmen? I would go with King, because the Grand Final is a different game to most, and what is needed is experience, poise and toughness. I hate to say it, but Blake dropped a couple of marks last week, struggled with the pressure, doesn't have the size to combat Lade or Brogan, and can't kick. The last thing we need is for Blake to screw up a kick, and set up Port for a goal. I would back King, who, statistically, we play King, we usually win.

Blake will get his time. In the meantime, he can get some pace, practise his kicking and marking.

Stuff the lot of them, bring in Trent West ;)

Seriously, Blake deserves to be there after his efforts this year, but King also deserves to be there due to experience.

Blakes bad points is his current form, King's bad points his previous form.

King has been on fire in the magoo's the past couple of months.

If Blake misses out it will be another Derek Kickett of 1993.

Overall, put in Steven King, at least that way he can retire and Blake will be number one ruckman in our GF winnext year against Hawthorn, yes that's right! You heard it first from the big VC!

Before last week I would have said Blake. Now I think King should be included ahead of Blake, although to be particularly honest I'm not a King fan.

Fair enough, Blake's constant handballing through the middle might suit our gameplan a bit more, and his being dropped might disrupt the team's balance, but my reason for going with King is simple: Port have two very good ruckmen who are very good in stoppage situations. I think Steve King can better neutralise Port's advantage in this area because he has a bigger body/more experience.

Blake did himself no favours with his performance on Friday night, and the stats cited from The Australian in another thread were damning enough. Hopefully Blake will learn from the experience in the long term but the simple truth is that if had done ok against Collingwood's rucks we wouldn't be having this debate.

Stuff the lot of them, bring in Trent West ;)

Seriously, Blake deserves to be there after his efforts this year, but King also deserves to be there due to experience.

Blakes bad points is his current form, King's bad points his previous form.

King has been on fire in the magoo's the past couple of months.

If Blake misses out it will be another Derek Kickett of 1993.

Overall, put in Steven King, at least that way he can retire and Blake will be number one ruckman in our GF winnext year against Hawthorn, yes that's right! You heard it first from the big VC!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, if based on current form, then Ottens will be our number one ruckman, no matter what.

Secondly, I would like to see them name all three ruckmen. Possibly play King and Blake in the ruck, and Ottens up forward (to stretch Port's backline). If the weather doesn't favour talls, name all three, and have King or Blake pull out before the game, to play with Port Adelaide's heads (they won't know, until they see us run out on the ground, which ruckman we will go with), and bring in one of the emergencies. Imagine Mark Williams wet himself when he sees that his ruck plans, and an emergency he hasn't planned for, playing, and hurredly having to change his match-ups. He! He! :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, if based on current form, then Ottens will be our number one ruckman, no matter what.

Secondly, I would like to see them name all three ruckmen. Possibly play King and Blake in the ruck, and Ottens up forward (to stretch Port's backline). If the weather doesn't favour talls, name all three, and have King or Blake pull out before the game, to play with Port Adelaide's heads (they won't know, until they see us run out on the ground, which ruckman we will go with), and bring in one of the emergencies. Imagine Mark Williams wet himself when he sees that his ruck plans, and an emergency he hasn't planned for, playing, and hurredly having to change his match-ups. He! He! :p

maybe drop nathan ablett and keep all 3

Remove this Banner Ad

King In, Blake out...Balme confirmed

Back