Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2013 phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lennon intrigues me because he's quite good forward too which is something we just don't have.

Yeah, can put them straight through the middle from 60 out. Would be a really good addition to the Tigers as a bit of outside class while still having that aggression that they place as a priority, just have my doubts that he'll last to your pick.

Yeah, can put them straight through the middle from 60 out. Would be a really good addition to the Tigers as a bit of outside class while still having that aggression that they place as a priority, just have my doubts that he'll last to your pick.

Yer would certainly add a lot to our team. Don't worry about lasting till our pick. We're quite capable of letting this all unravel pretty quickly. :p

Hey KM,

What are your thoughts on Anthony Anastasio running around in the VFL this year, i think he is playing for Williamstown it is? Anyways is he a chance of getting on a AFL list this year?

Hey KM,

What are your thoughts on Anthony Anastasio running around in the VFL this year, i think he is playing for Williamstown it is? Anyways is he a chance of getting on a AFL list this year?

One good game against Bendigo Gold doesn't get you on the draft radar so probably not at this stage until he puts together some more strong games. Never easy as a sub 170cm player. Will need to dominate to catch the eye of recruiters.

Hey KM how do you rate Ben Cavarra? Bottom age B&F winner at Ranges last year and best on for Metro last weekend? A chance to get drafted??

Cavarra is certainly a chance to get drafted.

Lack of height likely means he doesn't go early but Cavarra is a highly productive midfielder and playing in the same team as Boyd he'll get noticed and hopefully get rewarded with a position late/rookie draft.

I'm intrigued as to the basis for these rankings. Because in the space of just over a week, Isaiah Miller has gone from #34 all the way down to #66. And this was on the back of a match in the TAC Cup in which he arguably would have received votes. Plus, he is behind players who have been overlooked in more than one draft? Seems a little odd. Could say similar things about McCartney and Impey who are more than likely pushing second round selection at this stage.

But, I like that you're coming around to Reynolds and Hourigan. Spina and Favretto were a nice touch too, although Wilson is a tad low. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the draft was held today do you believe that Boyd would go at pick 3? If he is a strong chance to slip through to pick 3 then I will be barracking for the Bulldogs to win more games than my beloved Saints for the rest of the year because the kid looks like he could be a dominant force in any sides forward 50. Physically he's a monster. Really big key forwards don't come around too often.

If the draft was held today do you believe that Boyd would go at pick 3? If he is a strong chance to slip through to pick 3 then I will be barracking for the Bulldogs to win more games than my beloved Saints for the rest of the year because the kid looks like he could be a dominant force in any sides forward 50. Physically he's a monster. Really big key forwards don't come around too often.

Boyd would go no.1 if the draft was held today.

Perhaps Melbourne might look elsewhere with so much key forward depth but hard to see GWS passing on Boyd if available. Considered at this point at least to be that consensus no.1 choice.

I'm intrigued as to the basis for these rankings. Because in the space of just over a week, Isaiah Miller has gone from #34 all the way down to #66. And this was on the back of a match in the TAC Cup in which he arguably would have received votes. Plus, he is behind players who have been overlooked in more than one draft? Seems a little odd. Could say similar things about McCartney and Impey who are more than likely pushing second round selection at this stage.

But, I like that you're coming around to Reynolds and Hourigan. Spina and Favretto were a nice touch too, although Wilson is a tad low. :thumbsu:

The basis of my rankings are I see one guy I rank in front of another and I say "that isn't right. That guy is better" and the order once again changes.

Having Wilson inside my top 25 is low? Or at 19 if you take Hogan/Martin/McDonald/Perris out of my draft order. Would have thought this would be around the mark.
Is Wilson still inside your top 10 or top 5? Certainly my top 15 I feel at this point are clearly better with the rest probably pretty open to interpretation.

I see billings has made a big jump km. what's impressing you about him? Seems ideal for the dogs

I rate Billings pretty similar to where I had him at the start of the season. Just the more I look deeper into the games of others I continue to think Billings matches up favourably against them which is why I have him a touch ahead of Dunstan/Sheed now.

Billings is all class with his footskills, marking ability and 1v1 ability. Very good both as a forward and through the midfield. Just reminds me so much of Jimmy Bartel with that rare marking ability for a midfielder I see him having very similar success.

Billings would be a strong selection for the dogs without question if selecting in the 4-6 range.

Knightmare if draft was done today how do you see the top 5....(Noting that St Kilda would have pick 3)?

In regards to Billings, do you see him as a potential high possession player or more a limited possession but damaging and quality user?

Knightmare if draft was done today how do you see the top 5....(Noting that St Kilda would have pick 3)?

In regards to Billings, do you see him as a potential high possession player or more a limited possession but damaging and quality user?

A top 5 draft today I'd expect to see:

GWS - Boyd
Melb - Aish
St.K - Scharenberg
Bris - Kelly
WBD - Billings

On Billings he can find the ball fine. He's likely not a 30 disposal per game midfielder. He's not in the Swan/Ablett type freak accumulating category but he still finds plenty of it. Billings is a guy who at his best could if played through the midfield find 25 disposals and do damage. Or play forward or back and be damaging with 15-20 disposals.

He's largely a Bartel/Dal Santo type if that gives you a better feel for his game and the type of accumulator he is.

A top 5 draft today I'd expect to see:

GWS - Boyd
Melb - Aish
St.K - Scharenberg
Bris - Kelly
WBD - Billings

On Billings he can find the ball fine. He's likely not a 30 disposal per game midfielder. He's not in the Swan/Ablett type freak accumulating category but he still finds plenty of it. Billings is a guy who at his best could if played through the midfield find 25 disposals and do damage. Or play forward or back and be damaging with 15-20 disposals.

He's largely a Bartel/Dal Santo type if that gives you a better feel for his game and the type of accumulator he is.

Thanks KM. He sounds like a beauty and hopefully we have a good look at him close to draft time. Scharenberg is getting a bit of positive media attention of late. He looks like a good size who could play multiple roles. You obviously rate him highly to have him pick 3.

Thanks KM. He sounds like a beauty and hopefully we have a good look at him close to draft time. Scharenberg is getting a bit of positive media attention of late. He looks like a good size who could play multiple roles. You obviously rate him highly to have him pick 3.

Scharenberg is probably that most ready to play and play well in season one at this stage. Probably the most versatile in this draft and certainly to this stage of the u18s is the most dominant of this years class outside of Boyd. He's another to watch over coming months.

Scharenberg is probably that most ready to play and play well in season one at this stage. Probably the most versatile in this draft and certainly to this stage of the u18s is the most dominant of this years class outside of Boyd. He's another to watch over coming months.

Sounds good mate. The way the North/Saints game is going you may need to redo your draft order with St Kilda getting pick 1!

I did have Malcolm Karpany as the next best - but the more I look at him, the more I'm impressed with Zac Bates from West Adelaide. Outside of SA, most wouldn't know of him. But definitely keep an eye out.

Bates had a good game against NSW, including a pretty impressive run from the defensive 50 that he ended with a shot on goal. Fair bit of toe on him and had a fair bit of impact. Karpany popped up every now and then as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back