Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2013 phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On those talking about Dane Swan he's more a middle distance guy who can gut run for 400m and give those repeat efforts better than his opponent. That's what relatively sets him apart. His pace is above average but not elite.
Then his endurance is I'd describe unconventional. He needs his breathers and can't just continue going forever but he has the ability to recover as quick as any to re-fuel and go again and again and again.

Don't be surprised if Scharenberg slides, particularly after the early season projections of some.

Bontempelli will go top 10. Lennon will go somewhere around pick 10.

From what I understand there are only 3-5 clubs considering Garlett. How high he goes or if he goes is still an unknown. Perhaps 3rd round he might come into calculations but you can forget about him being an early draft/ first round selection.

I'm thinking WC may very well be interested, more so that we kept a third rounder.

West coast will %110 not be drafting Garlett

Vozzo on Garlett:

That’s a possibility according to West Coast’s football operations manager Craig Vozzo.
“He’d be on every recruiter’s draft board, there’s no doubt he’d be on ours,” Vozzo told Trade Radio on Thursday.
“The way he plays, he’s a top ten draft pick there’s no doubt.
“There’s plenty of debate to be had before the national draft, but he’s certainly on the draft board.
“He’s got extraordinary talent, but obviously there’s been other issues with Dayle which would probably push him out.
“It’s the degree of risk clubs are prepared to take.”

WaverleyWiz said:
Thanks KM.
Other names that I'm growing to other than Jansen are Patrick Cripps and Eli Templeton. Any chance Cripps lasting to the Hawks first pick at 24 and would he be on their radar given he isn't blessed with pace?
As you can see, I'm taking a liking to taller midfielders as I think this is the way the game may head in the near future.
Of these names, who would you take if you were a Hawk recruiter with our picks if still available and filling our midfield needs?
Patrick Cripps
Eli Templeton
Luke Reynolds
Jarred Jansen
Dayle Garlett
Cheers mate, always appreciate your replies and views....such a well informed read.
Cripps will probably go somewhere around pick 24. He's a fair chance of being available. Hawthorn of those newer generation mids mostly have smaller types so he could potentially be a fit.
I think watching Fremantle and their tall midfielders play such a strong inside game many clubs will be thinking the same with those taller mids.
Reynolds for starters isn't a midfielder, so if you draft him you're getting more a leadup forward. Garlett probably not a person I'd want to bring to my club, early draft anyway. Templeton has been good for a while but I was hoping for more from him this year. Perhaps not for me. Then Jansen is probably available later in the draft. So Cripps of those is probably if looking for a bigger bodied midfielder in the 2nd round the pick.

Any chance at all that Patrick Cripps or Isaiah Miller could still be available at pick 38 and Jarrad Jansen lasts til pick 56 KM?

would collingwood consider taking scharenberg at picks 6 or 10 to add to their backline which has lost shaw, maxwell coming to the end of his career, toovey coming back from a knee and o'brien playing further up the ground

2014 draft power rankings:
1. Peter Wright (VIC - KPF/Ruck)
2. Patrick McCartin (VIC - KPF)
3. Jarrod Pickett (WA - Fwd)
4. Alec Waterman (WCE – WA - Mid - F/S)
5. Jake Lever (VIC - Def)
6. Hugh Goddard (VIC - KPF)
7. Clem Smith (WA - Util)
8. Christian Petracca (VIC - Fwd)
9. Billy Stretch (Melb – SA - F/S)
10. Dylan Winton (WA - Mid)
11. Liam Duggan (VIC – Mid)
12. Bradley Walsh (WA – Mid)
13. Ryan Lim (WA – Mid/Fwd)
14. Jesse Watchman (SA - KPF)
15. Sam Durdin (SA - KPP)
16. Sam Bevan (WA – KPF)
17. Lachlan Weller (QLD – Mid)
18. Liam Dawson (QLD – Util)
19. Matthew Hammelmann (QLD – KPF)
20. Angus Brayshaw (VIC – Mid)
21. Tyler Keitel (WA - KPF)
22. Jackson Nelson (VIC - Mid)
23. Tom Lamb (VIC - KPF)
24. Jack Cripps (WA – KPF/Ruck)
25. Matthew Ah Siu (WA – KPF)
26. Mac Bower (SA – Fwd)
27. Alex Harnett (VIC - Mid)
28. Darcy Moore (Coll - F/S – VIC – KPF/Ruck)
29. Peter Spurling (SA – Ruck)
30. Sean McLaren (VIC – Ruck)
31. Daniel Capiron (VIC - Mid)
32. Jordan Cunico (VIC – Fwd/Mid)
33. Joe Maishman (VIC – Mid)
34. Jack Donkersley (SA – Fwd)
35. Jake Johansen (SA – Fwd)
36. Touk Miller (VIC – Mid)
37. Jaden McGrath (VIC – Mid)
38. Bohdi Walker (VIC – Mid)
39. Peter Bampton (SA – Mid)
40. Duom Dawam (VIC – Ruck)

Wow 10 players from WA in your top 25. They should produce a strong championship team on that basis. Lucky for WA there is no mini draft this year taking the best players for next years team.:D

Wow 10 players from WA in your top 25. They should produce a strong championship team on that basis. Lucky for WA there is no mini draft this year taking the best players for next years team.:D
Have to agree - the kid is Judd like = huge statement I know, but is super impressive

How many are allowed on each club's main rookie list next season?

As I understand it four rookies. (In the case of those with a senior list of 38 up to 6).

Four alternative rookies (internationals/scholarship/other avenue to footy types).

Hey Knightmare who do think any of the good midfielders will still be around at the hawks first pick 24

Dunstan/Dumont/Battersby/Z.Jones. One or more of these should almost certainly be available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance at all that Patrick Cripps or Isaiah Miller could still be available at pick 38 and Jarrad Jansen lasts til pick 56 KM?

Not likely.

Cripps is a strong chance to go somewhere inside the top 30. If you want him you'll need to use a pick in the 20s to get him.

Miller probably not available at 56 and Jansen may/may not be.

As a trio though with 24/38/56 it might be possible but I'd still have alternatives in mind with few guarantees.

would collingwood consider taking scharenberg at picks 6 or 10 to add to their backline which has lost shaw, maxwell coming to the end of his career, toovey coming back from a knee and o'brien playing further up the ground

Collingwood may well take Scharenberg. They're looking for more height and looking for more rebound down back so it's a logical fit.

Just comes down to whether Collingwood evaluate him to be the best talent available.

Surely Bampton is higher then 39!

I'll continue editing my power rankings for next year. This early out I just want to get some names out there.

Not wrong though. Bampton is a quality talent and has the performances on the board.

Demons have 3 picks in the main draft and 4 Rookie Spots to fill and i really doubt we will re rookie Rory Taggert

Most spots will be Midfielders but i still feel we need to use 2 of those Rookie spots on a Tall Defender and another Ruckman

Your thoughts on Hugh Beasley (Oakleigh Chargers) as a Tall Defender ?

My personal opinion is the Crows are happy to take any one of Salem, Crouch, Dumont, Dunstan, Taylor or Battersby if they are still available at 23 (obviously would be thrilled with any of these as a supporter). Realistically at least one of these players should still be there at 23, there's always a few players that slide with a relatively open 10-30 bracket.
As for 46, it will hopefully be a tall out of Brown, Cameron or Nankervis, with someone like Wilson in consideration if we don't go that path.

Demons have 3 picks in the main draft and 4 Rookie Spots to fill and i really doubt we will re rookie Rory Taggert

Most spots will be Midfielders but i still feel we need to use 2 of those Rookie spots on a Tall Defender and another Ruckman

Your thoughts on Hugh Beasley (Oakleigh Chargers) as a Tall Defender ?

Beasley is athletic and a good user of the footy. Has some potential as a stopper down back with his closing speed.

Thoughts on Heavyside getting picked up around pick 50? Is good enough to go top 40 in my opinion

Heavyside is good a may be worth a top 40 pick but as a small overager he won't go that high and is while a chance not guaranteed to get drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back