Krakouer wins mark of the year WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

Walkers mark would be clearly deserving of being rated MOTY it was special and I dont seek to down play that at all. Just reckon Kraks was special too. Especially when you view it from the 2nd and 3rd angles presented on the tape on page 3.
It was a great mark - nobody's disputing that. However, it was not as good as Walker's.

At the end of the day I kinda wish Walker had won it now, not because I think Krak wasn't deserving but because a lot of people seem to have a bit of a set against him now for winning it.

It's not personal and no one would begrudge Krakouer for taking home the dollars.
The issue is not with him but with the system.

Listening to SEN now and they're still debating the decision.
Had Walker had won it, we wouldn't be discussing it now. That I'm sure of.

I wanted Walker to win as much as anyone else and that Skywalker photo makes me drool with athletic envy.

Looking at the marks again though I think Krakouer must've won it based on the bravery of his mark.

Walker was 1 on 1 and jumped up on the guy in front him, which amazing as it was is not the same as running backwards into a pack with eyes for the footy and coming out on top.

1 on 1 Walker could/would jump up on that guys shoulders and take 5 out of 10 kicked their way if given the opportunity. Krakouer showed athletic prowess, hardness and sheer bravery and he wouldnt be able to do it again as easy.

I dont think his mark was 'better' but you gotta see the difference.

It's not personal and no one would begrudge Krakouer for taking home the dollars.
The issue is not with him but with the system.

Listening to SEN now and they're still debating the decision.
Had Walker had won it, we wouldn't be discussing it now. That I'm sure of.

Agreed

The only reason they gave it to Krakouer was so he could replace the TV that he threw the guy into that got him jailed.

Walkersmark.png

Thought it would have been out of Walker & Nic Nat. Krak's was a distant 3rd imv.

Already they are making light of it and that detracts away from the award, as evidenced by this photo. Should have been given to either Walker or Nic Nat.

krakmark246a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably someone at Head Office DIDNT send the memo that he should win is more the point. :rolleyes:

Yes that's true. Listening to KB trying to justify it yesterday on Hungry for Sport was pure Gold. Jon Ralph asked the question if the AA Committee was that much out of touch with public opinion. He tried to justify it by saying that if it was a public vote Krakouer would have still won because there are so many Collingwood supporters and how loyal they are, but I'm pretty sure that every poll I've seen has been a 70/30 spilt in favour of Walkers mark.

If they think that Krakouer's mark was so much better, then they should stop using Walker's for promotional purposes and start using Krakouers.

Yes that's true. Listening to KB trying to justify it yesterday on Hungry for Sport was pure Gold. Jon Ralph asked the question if the AA Committee was that much out of touch with public opinion. He tried to justify it by saying that if it was a public vote Krakouer would have still won because there are so many Collingwood supporters and how loyal they are, but I'm pretty sure that every poll I've seen has been a 70/30 spilt in favour of Walkers mark.

If they think that Krakouer's mark was so much better, then they should stop using Walker's for promotional purposes and start using Krakouers.

^^^
This

This argument that one club's supporters will sully the vote doesn't wash with me.

Let's assume that because it is a Collingwood player they get an extra 5,000 votes because people are voting for it just because it is Collingwood.

That would get neutralised by supporters of other clubs (who don't have a player in the final 3) who judge it based on which one they think is best
That is 14 clubs x 5,000 votes.

So bartlett is saying he prefers a dictatorship over giving the vote to the people as the people can't be trusted with the vote.

What else did Bartlett say>? - I didn't hear his interview.

Did he say Krakeour's mark was a "pack mark" with two people in the pack?

Lets give Steve Quartermain the final word @ 25 seconds.

[youtube]ERTcZV7uTFU&feature=player_detailpage#t=25s[/youtube]

Anyone who wants some personal benefit from the AFL's desire to turn a proud criminal into a fairytale hero, get on krak for the norm smith. He'd have to be a fair chance

No chance in hell. Will be lucky to get a dozen disposals next week. Will be one of the first to go missing, win, lose or draw.

Chalk money for the Norm Smith -- wait until three quarter time. If the game is in hand take a look at who has had the most disposals (or the highest SC/DT scores) and they're a shoe-in to win the NSM. I was able to get Pendlebury at $6s as the money was all on Swan.

This argument that one club's supporters will sully the vote doesn't wash with me.

Let's assume that because it is a Collingwood player they get an extra 5,000 votes because people are voting for it just because it is Collingwood.

That would get neutralised by supporters of other clubs (who don't have a player in the final 3) who judge it based on which one they think is best
That is 14 clubs x 5,000 votes.

So bartlett is saying he prefers a dictatorship over giving the vote to the people as the people can't be trusted with the vote.

What else did Bartlett say>? - I didn't hear his interview.

Did he say Krakeour's mark was a "pack mark" with two people in the pack?

Can't really remember, think he may have mentioned something about a pack mark, but he was too busy trying to justify the committee decision. Jon Ralph kept saying to him "please Kev tell me you didn't vote for Krakouer". There was no way he was going to reveal who he voted for, but I don't think you have to be Einstein to figure it out.

No chance in hell. Will be lucky to get a dozen disposals next week. Will be one of the first to go missing, win, lose or draw.

I was (and still am) exaggerating a little, but what's how well he plays got to do with it. He didn't take the best mark and still won that. The AFL would love him to win for the story

Heath Shaw said on Before the Game that he felt Krakouer's was better because a pack mark is more impressive than a one on one mark. The panel laughed at him. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakouer wins mark of the year WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back