Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

As always, lies, damn lies and statistics. We are barren in the 23-27 age group, so we play an excess of 29-33 year olds. This skews our average up, but we have played more 18-21 year olds and been playing them in pretty key positions rather than tucking them away on flanks to develop. Picket would be perfect for our age profile, getting a gun in an age group we are lacking, which also coincides with the beginning of a player's peak.
those were facts. and you brought some more, WC is indeed barren in their men's team bar Oscar and Jake and whoever they get with the picks from the Harley trade next year.

Freo was a young team but it WASN'T that much difference to Port's team line up that game. Seriously, I checked ALL the stats after excuses were said and there's literally no major difference. Similar or very VERY close to average age & experience
Mate, as others have said, wasn't anything to do with Port. We've consistently been the second youngest team most of the season.

But also. You were a full season ahead in age and experience. Right in that sweet spot for contention. Between 25-27 years of age and 100-150 games on average.

1725003947868.png

i will be shattered when he goes...

...as it seems clear at some point he is likely to head back to wa

i love the way some medja pundits are saying one team, some saying the other, kornes still out there saying it's the pear...anyone advocating for the crom targeting him?

popular bloke

A 23 year old is in everyones age bracket. It's literally the perfect age where you basically know what you are getting, but have them for 10 years still and have missed their statistically worse years.

I think the main problem for WC is paying overs for talent is not a spot you're in yet. If he was out of contract I think you'd be chukcing the world at him contract wise
If we could somehow flip the pick or picks we get from Barrass into Pickett (or the first rounder and a future later pick of some sort), I'd be tempted to pull the trigger. He's contracted, but also wants out, which kinda balances out to a fair cost. We have holes all over the ground... the forward talls are sorted but we need some class and pressure at ground level.

Bro this is standard when dealing with Vic clubs. That is why the two WA teams should lift their trading ban, it only benefits the clubs over East.

I think it's the current market TBH and it seems since the Cameron and Kelley trades, the value of players is getting ridiculous.

You did pretty well out of the Schulz trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to figure out what Pickett is worth. Probably a pick in the low teens.

I think Fremantle could and should do both Pickett and Bolton really 9 and 17 for Bolton, 10 for Pickett.

Would be good business for Freo. Basically they replaced Lachie Schultz for Pickett plus pick 30 last year
Draft picks come with an element of risk... who knows if they'll make it or not? Pickett was drafted at pick 12, and he's put together 5 years of footy that proves he's a 40-goal a year small forward who can be damaging at CBAs.

For a contracted player, I reckon it'd take more than the original draft pick to get it done. (And don't bang on about how Pickett eventually wants to play elsewhere, so Melbourne should accept less. Koz can do that when his contract is up.)

Draft picks come with an element of risk... who knows if they'll make it or not? Pickett was drafted at pick 12, and he's put together 5 years of footy that proves he's a 40-goal a year small forward who can be damaging at CBAs.

For a contracted player, I reckon it'd take more than the original draft pick to get it done. (And don't bang on about how Pickett eventually wants to play elsewhere, so Melbourne should accept less. Koz can do that when his contract is up.)
Yeah in hindsight I agree with this. I think Fremantle simply have the assets for Melbourne to demand and get more.

I think Demons probably need to get active and find a player in this deal to come in too. Cant lose both ANB/Pickett as you literally have nothing else in reserves (why would you either). Its probably worth getting into Owies ear, Switkowski and making it 10 + one of them + maybe pick upgrades

I cant help but feel like this one has at least one more twist in it.

He seems so indecisive.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's definitely not a lock, I'm hanging out for a Richmond or WC style "he's asked on compassionate reasons, we'll work in the best interests of the club blah blah blah"

I think we all expect it to cost a first this year and next if it gets done. I'll do it happily

Freo also have one eye on Chad Warner surely. And Bolton is already basically there. Reckon this one doesn’t get done this year. I can’t see him signing another deal at Melbourne though.

If we could somehow flip the pick or picks we get from Barrass into Pickett (or the first rounder and a future later pick of some sort), I'd be tempted to pull the trigger. He's contracted, but also wants out, which kinda balances out to a fair cost. We have holes all over the ground... the forward talls are sorted but we need some class and pressure at ground level.

I don't think Pickett and Barrass have quite the same value.

Why do Port supporters seem so triggered by him?

And accuracy/integrity level?

Would he be equivalent to a Mitch Cleary, or a Sam McClure?
Because he had a tie up with Adelaide at one stage. He gets good goss. He doesn't go often, but normally is correct.
Power supporters get triggered by anything remotely Adelaide.
For years they would accuse Gill at AFL house of being an Adelaide supporter and being biased against Power, even with photos of Gill barracking for St Kilda, and him saying he did. I think he might of had his photo taken with a Crows player or board member at one stage, and that was.enough for them to go Defcon 5 on him.

Basically the world is always conspiring to try and bring the Power down. There is a cabal of SANFL and Crows higher ups, who have set up some sort of illuminati focused soley on destroying the Power and all they stand for.

Last edited:
I don't think Pickett and Barrass have quite the same value.
True, but KPDs going to a team in their premiership window do tend to attract a premium. Speculation is that Barrass could attract a first and a second rounder, but as the first would be a low teens, that wouldn’t be enough. If it was a top 10 pick, I reckon that and a second rounder would do it. Otherwise two teens picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back