Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

True, but KPDs going to a team in their premiership window do tend to attract a premium. Speculation is that Barrass could attract a first and a second rounder, but as the first would be a low teens, that wouldn’t be enough. If it was a top 10 pick, I reckon that and a second rounder would do it. Otherwise two teens picks.

Perhaps but I don't think that is the price you would need to pay for Pickett.

I guess as others have said, this is all a bit of fun (for Freo fans, at least). The fact it has a better than zero chance of happening (I'd say arbitrarily 30%) is horrible for Melbourne, especially given the other stuff going down, so the fans have my sympathy.

As to value, it'll be whatever is paid and accepted. You can point to whatever trade you like, but ultimately, they all boiled down to 'what that team had' and 'what the other team could accept' given any circumstances around them.

Circumstances here are terrible for Melbourne, and Kossi looks to have a legit family reason to move (assuming newborn support - 2hrs away from his hometown and family/community is what it is).

Freo have 4 firsts. 2 top ten and two likely back end of the first (assuming we get B & P and perform accordingly). They also have some decent seconds. This draft is supposedly very deep, so potentially those picks hold more value than usual. Freo also don't need to draft, so they have little value to us. If Bolton & Kossi are available, I've no doubt it'll get done, both for on paper overs. As to how over, I've no idea (same as everyone else here), but there's a point where Richmond and Melbourne have to make a choice to capatalise now or carry a player who doesn't want to stay (admittedly this seems a much bigger issue with Bolton), and risk missing out on getting maximum value. Interesting times.

Now I'm off to fantasise about a fully functional forward line.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's so obvious the word "massive" is in relation to the length of the contract but that fact probably doesn't make for good snide little digs.
Nah massive means $$$

Long term is the years but with cats and other clubs chasing him im sure he signed for less

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, unless it was Charlie Curnow I can't think of a better scenario than Kosi and Bolton being possible trade targets for Freo. Can you imagine Treacy splitting packs with those two just cruising around the forward 50.

Honestly, unless it was Charlie Curnow I can't think of a better scenario than Kosi and Bolton being possible trade targets for Freo. Can you imagine Treacy splitting packs with those two just cruising around the forward 50.

If we could pick any 2 players from any team these 2 would have to be in the top 20 for what we actually need.

Gulden would be cool.
Would love a Toby Green.
Rankine would be great.
I couldn’t get to 10 names before one of these would pop up.

Am I being biased?

If we could pick any 2 players from any team these 2 would have to be in the top 20 for what we actually need.

Gulden would be cool.
Would love a Toby Green.
Rankine would be great.

Am I being biased?
Bolton & Pickett are the missing pieces
instantly improves freo by 50 goals a year

Oh well, was fun while it lasted. Back to the Bolton thread!

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
You mean it’s just going to be Bolton & Warner?

face crying GIF

Gulden would be cool.
Would love a Toby Green.
Rankine would be great.

Am I being biased?
Fallen out of love with the "sure to come home" Warner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back