News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well one would suggest. Conners has played this perfectly in that.. we need to replace Beams desperately now, but need the pick 18 to do it (only way we would take 18 for Beams) - so we take unders for Beams and pay overs for Neale. Left it till the end to pull it out so we already have our cards on the table. Beams leaving is awesome for the Docker and terrible for us in terms of the game of poker we are currently in.
Gotta admit I feel a bit sorry for the Lions with this beams thing, especially after his speech at the bnf.

Then they could fly him in on a helicopter and give him the captaincy....:think:

No - we would need a 20 year old KPF who doesn't really want to come here, but begrudgingly does, then becomes one of the best FF of his generation and 10 years later plays in a premiership with us.

Eric Hipwood come on down... :thumbsu:

Very well one would suggest. Conners has played this perfectly in that.. we need to replace Beams desperately now, but need the pick 18 to do it (only way we would take 18 for Beams) - so we take unders for Beams and pay overs for Neale. Left it till the end to pull it out so we already have our cards on the table. Beams leaving is awesome for the Docker and terrible for us in terms of the game of poker we are currently in.
You think picks 5 and 18 are "overs" for Neale?

I put in the hypothetical thread a deal. What are your thoughts on

Brisbane Out: Beams
Brisbane In: 18, 2019 1st

Collingwood Out: 18, 2019 1st
Collingwood In: Beams

----------------------------------------

Freo Out: Neale, 30
Freo In: Pick 5 and 18

Brisbane Out: Pick 5 and 18
Brisbane In: Neale, 30

Id be happy with that but the Pies wont do the 2019 first rounder as well.

I'm kind of angry for Brisbane here because if Beams came to the party a week earlier you would've had a much stronger position in negotiating.

Best case for Brisbane is they now put the onus of negotiating for Neale over to Collingwood and get them to satisfy our needs without giving up pick 5. Given Bells position however this seems unlikely.

Beams told the lions 3 months ago he was open to a move to Collingwood, I reckon that is when their interest in Neale was reignited..
Wonder if Neale let that slip to Bell..
Must be good to play poker knowing what cards your opponents haven't showed yet.

Peter Bell is the devil by all accounts. Seems like he is the type of bloke who would cut off your hands and ask you to clap.

Pretty sure he is also responsible for the drought, the wage gap and global warming.

Someone on Lions board posted this:

Freo
Out: Neale, 23, 49
In: 5, Pies 2019 first, Lions 2019 2nd

Obviously not all the details just our stuff. I'd be reasonably happy with that. Would give us the chance to deathride the Pies everygame next year.

Yep, I’d be doing that deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone on Lions board posted this:

Freo
Out: Neale, 23, 49
In: 5, Pies 2019 first, Lions 2019 2nd

Obviously not all the details just our stuff. I'd be reasonably happy with that. Would give us the chance to deathride the Pies everygame next year.
I like it. The question for me is, what gets the Lobb deal done if that went down? Upgrade 14 to 11, and something late?

Gotta feel for you guys

Team continuity looked good last season and has the potential to build on it.

Looks like Zorko and Neale will have to carry the younger guys for another year or two

No - we would need a 20 year old KPF who doesn't really want to come here, but begrudgingly does, then becomes one of the best FF of his generation and 10 years later plays in a premiership with us.

Eric Hipwood come on down... :thumbsu:

I like Hipwood but his kicking action IMO needs work. Great lead and mark though

Neales managment has demanded 300 pages now to keep up with the Kelly thread, starting to get expensive Brisbane might have to walk away

Not sure lions have the supporter currency to keep up with that. Might need to get Collingwood involved to up the fan campaigner and give them some extra posts that freo require.

I dont think we have the supporter currency either
They just need more motivation. Make up a rumour involving untouchable players for either Brisbane or us being part of the trade and watch it get to 300 pages within an hour.

It's quantity not quality that is important with BigFooty posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back