News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah , especially the day at the Gabba Freo were 100pts down at half time. I was sitting there all depressed in my Freo beanie and some Lions guy brought me a beer and said keep your chin up

Martin Pike was my fave from those sides

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
What a champ. See us lions fans aren't too bad. That team of ours would have been hard to watch for opposition fans. Pike was a beast. Really turned his personal life around aswell. My favorite was akka followed closely by white.

CLEARANCE monster Lachie Neale says Brisbane’s ability to score in the defence orientated AFL was one of the major attractions that led to his move to the Lions.

Neale said he began to watch the Lions closely after his manager told him they had made casual enquiries about his plans once he came out of contract in 2020.

The closer he watched the more he liked what he saw and the idea grew that he would be open to an early move if the planets aligned.

Although it took to the final day of the trade period, Brisbane and Fremantle finally reached an agreement to send the dual best and fairest winner to the Gabba on a five-year deal worth about $4 million.

“Watching from afar I was pretty impressed about the way they had gone about it, they play a really exciting brand of footy’’ Neale said.

“The players seem like they are on the same page, playing for each other and the spirit on the field is very impressive.

“I had a look at the list and they have a lot of kids coming through in the 19-22 bracket, guys like (Jarrod) Berry, (Cam) Rayner is obviously exciting, they have a big group of young players who are going to be great players.

“Their defensive game style improved a lot this year and that will only get better.

“And it is hard to score in the AFL and Brisbane are one side that can score, that was exciting for me too.’’

When news broke mid-season that Brisbane were interested and the deal may happen this year, other clubs made similar enquiries.

But Neale said once he’d met the Lions he considered no one else.

“I met the staff and they were all really great people and supportive of myself and my partner, Jules, the people involved in the organisation got me across the line,’’ Neale said.

“Once I met Brisbane I thought I didn’t really need to meet anyone else.’’

The question that has Dockers fans puzzled is what went wrong at Fremantle.

“I am not going to delve too much into the reasons behind it, I just want to say I am a really good fit at Brisbane and I am excited about joining them,’’ he said.

“I have no bad words about Fremantle, I couldn’t speak highly enough of them, they gave me the chance to live out my dream and I hope they do well.’’

However he is a laid kid from Bordertown on the South Australia-Victoria border and admits he was attracted to life in Queensland outside the footy bubble.

“That is really a feeling for me as well, it is pretty footy crazy over here and I have had my fair share of media attention lately,’’ he said.

“It is important to me that once training and games are over you can be Lachie Neale the person instead of the footballer.’’

I would love for nothing more than to reverse recent form against Brisbane and give them a good spanking next time we play!

Yeah , especially the day at the Gabba Freo were 100pts down at half time. I was sitting there all depressed in my Freo beanie and some Lions guy brought me a beer and said keep your chin up

Martin Pike was my fave from those sides

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh I remember that day. The scowl never left my 10 year old face. I still maintain being up by 15 points 5 minutes in the last quarter in 01 and then losing by close to 10 goals was more painful.

Twas a truly awe-inspiring quarter of football by the soon to be crowned Fab 4

Tucker V Neale @ The same age

View attachment 576098
Tucker has played 48 games and will have completed 4 pre-seasons after this one.

His stats has stayed around the same for three seasons.

Needs to find a permanent home, Ross hasn’t made it easy for him throwing back,forward,inside,outside.

I look put in the middle, not to replace Neale but have Blakely,Conca, S Hill and Tucker to combine together to cover the effort of Neale.

Time for him to step up or step out.

CLEARANCE monster Lachie Neale says Brisbane’s ability to score in the defence orientated AFL was one of the major attractions that led to his move to the Lions.

Neale said he began to watch the Lions closely after his manager told him they had made casual enquiries about his plans once he came out of contract in 2020.

The closer he watched the more he liked what he saw and the idea grew that he would be open to an early move if the planets aligned.

Although it took to the final day of the trade period, Brisbane and Fremantle finally reached an agreement to send the dual best and fairest winner to the Gabba on a five-year deal worth about $4 million.

“Watching from afar I was pretty impressed about the way they had gone about it, they play a really exciting brand of footy’’ Neale said.

“The players seem like they are on the same page, playing for each other and the spirit on the field is very impressive.

“I had a look at the list and they have a lot of kids coming through in the 19-22 bracket, guys like (Jarrod) Berry, (Cam) Rayner is obviously exciting, they have a big group of young players who are going to be great players.

“Their defensive game style improved a lot this year and that will only get better.

“And it is hard to score in the AFL and Brisbane are one side that can score, that was exciting for me too.’’

When news broke mid-season that Brisbane were interested and the deal may happen this year, other clubs made similar enquiries.

But Neale said once he’d met the Lions he considered no one else.

“I met the staff and they were all really great people and supportive of myself and my partner, Jules, the people involved in the organisation got me across the line,’’ Neale said.

“Once I met Brisbane I thought I didn’t really need to meet anyone else.’’

The question that has Dockers fans puzzled is what went wrong at Fremantle.

“I am not going to delve too much into the reasons behind it, I just want to say I am a really good fit at Brisbane and I am excited about joining them,’’ he said.

“I have no bad words about Fremantle, I couldn’t speak highly enough of them, they gave me the chance to live out my dream and I hope they do well.’’

However he is a laid kid from Bordertown on the South Australia-Victoria border and admits he was attracted to life in Queensland outside the footy bubble.

“That is really a feeling for me as well, it is pretty footy crazy over here and I have had my fair share of media attention lately,’’ he said.

“It is important to me that once training and games are over you can be Lachie Neale the person instead of the footballer.’’

The highlighted is the key

Tucker has played 48 games and will have completed 4 pre-seasons after this one.

His stats has stayed around the same for three seasons.

Needs to find a permanent home, Ross hasn’t made it easy for him throwing back,forward,inside,outside.

I look put in the middle, not to replace Neale but have Blakely,Conca, S Hill and Tucker to combine together to cover the effort of Neale.

Time for him to step up or step out.
Tucker is one of those players that could elevate us in 2019 if he could breakout ala Langdon.

Anyone see that instagram post of Fyfe thanking Lachie for his time and wishing him all the best? Not sure if it's been discused elsewhere on the 100 trade threads we have going.

Underneath that, Zac Clarke has commented 'Don't remember our shout out's after being chopped @ Barlow, Deboer and Mzungu'.

To which Barlow replies 'Nath just doing Nath things'

Don't know how to imbed this stuff, but two things strike me here. Why are 2 players being salty on a public forum when they're both trying to be picked up in the upcoming draft? Secondly Fyfe is clearly a polarising figure in the playing group - maybe had a say when that clean out happened a couple of years ago.

Not the best look to be airing opinions like that on social media from Clarke and Barlow IMO

Tucker is one of those players that could elevate us in 2019 if he could breakout ala Langdon.
We to have a few players in the same camp of a breakout year or get back to make an impact.

Tucker, Cox, and McCarthy all could have break out years.

If Blakely, B Hill, Bennell and Matera stay on the park then that’s pretty exciting.

If majority stay on the park majority of the time of Hogan,Lobb,Conca,Colyer, Fyfe and Sandilands we will make finals.

The last two years we are 12-13 before the bye (yes it’s an easy draw early).

Injuries and young players getting tired and beaten destroyed us in the latter part of the season.

We to have a few players in the same camp of a breakout year or get back to make an impact.

Tucker, Cox, and McCarthy all could have break out years.

If Blakely, B Hill, Bennell and Matera stay on the park then that’s pretty exciting.

If majority stay on the park majority of the time of Hogan,Lobb,Conca,Colyer, Fyfe and Sandilands we will make finals.

The last two years we are 12-13 before the bye (yes it’s an easy draw early).

Injuries and young players getting tired and beaten destroyed us in the latter part of the season.
The difference is all of those have shown the ability at AFL level. Tucker is yet to do that. I don't expect Cox to fully breakout yet (a tad too early) but Cam WILL if he pulls his finger out.

The difference between our best 22 at their peaks and what we generally dish up, is about 10 ladder spots IMO. Of course, we never have our B22 on the field and never at their peaks together. Following players have one or more (previously demonstrated) gears on most of what they dished up this year (some just due to injury):

Cam
Matera
Bennell
Fyfe
Shill
Billy
Blakely
Pearce
Then you have Hogan, Lobb and Conca (former pick 6 who has always been injured - who may go up a level if he gets a clear run) who if fully fit should elevate us significantly.

The only players performing week in, week out (bar a couple of bad ones) this year

Hamling
Wilson
Neale :(
Mundy
Ryan

The potential forward line is freakishly good.

Bennell Hogan Walters

Cam Lobb Matera

TLDR: Our theoretical B22 (including Bennell) could win the flag. Easily as much talent as Richmond or the Dogs. Just don't have them on the park, they don't have the individual determination/discipline and/or the team cohesion to do it.

Anyone see that instagram post of Fyfe thanking Lachie for his time and wishing him all the best? Not sure if it's been discused elsewhere on the 100 trade threads we have going.

Underneath that, Zac Clarke has commented 'Don't remember our shout out's after being chopped @ Barlow, Deboer and Mzungu'.

Don't know how to imbed this stuff, but two things strike me here. Why are 2 players being salty on a public forum when they're both trying to be picked up in the upcoming draft? Secondly Fyfe is clearly a polarising figure in the playing group - maybe had a say when that clean out happened a couple of years ago.

Not the best look to be airing opinions like that on social media from Clarke and Barlow IMO

Discussed in this thread

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-media-thread.1184507/page-64

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't speak to much to Clarke, however it's clear that Mick B and Fyfe are good mates so i would take this more as a tongue in cheek comment rather then anything else.

Barlow was on SEN this morning and Kane Cornes mentioned it and he said it was banter that these guys all do and he has a great friendship with Nat and all those boys from 2012-2015 era.

Also when asked who was the best player he had played with that Pav and Fyfe were on the podium but Macpharlin was the best. Said you just knew what you would get each week and he said he only saw him lose once in all his time playing with him and that was against Michael Hurley.

That Lachie Neale article was interesting.

If he's got nothing bad to say about the footy club, why not just come out and say your reasons for wanting out instead of saying you don't want to delve into it.

Clearly it's just spin from all involved, i'm sure the reasoning will get leaked eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back