News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some unreasonable posts popping up.

5 & 24/25 for Neale is pretty close (prob needs a little sweetener for us)

This Mayes fella isn’t much chop TBH and is nothing more than a sweatener for Port along with the 5 & 24/25 to get 10 & 11. Port will have a few 3rd and 4th round picks (trading out some fringe players) and we will likely get one of these back.

Hogan is definitely worth two first rounders but definitely not 5 & 6. This commonly accepted. 6 & 11 prob just slightly over for him so again we get a sweetener back (upgrade the ontraded Port Pick for Pick 33 or take a Melbourne 3rd round pick).

Confirmed gone. :rolleyes:

card%20options%20web%20310.jpg

Fyfe and the lady in the middle obviously go to the same stylist.

Some unreasonable posts popping up.

5 & 24/25 for Neale is pretty close (prob needs a little sweetener for us)

This Mayes fella isn’t much chop TBH and is nothing more than a sweatener for Port along with the 5 & 24/25 to get 10 & 11. Port will have a few 3rd and 4th round picks (trading out some fringe players) and we will likely get one of these back.

Hogan is definitely worth two first rounders but definitely not 5 & 6. This commonly accepted. 6 & 11 prob just slightly over for him so again we get a sweetener back (upgrade the ontraded Port Pick for Pick 33 or take a Melbourne 3rd round pick).
I heavily reject that Port would need more than 5 and 25 to get 10 & 11.

Not only 5 and 25 equal to 10 and 11 on points, but the points are bogus, top picks are worth more than that. I also think that Rankine is a lock to be there at 5 and the Crows mismanager confirmed how hard it would be to get one of those picks. We also get to play SA clubs against each other, if not 10 and 11, i think we can get 8 and 15 from Crows. Pick 5 almost guarantee's an SA club Rankine for the next 13 years

I reckon the sweetener you mention is Mayes going to Port or Crows to get 9/10 or 8/15 over the line for pick 5 while we also get 22

Blakely will take Neale’s role and grow into an equally effective player. Will tackle more and track back more regularly.

I'd still prefer the player that has made the role his than project hopes onto a player that they can magically fill the gap :p I guess Blakely filling the gap is better than suggesting Stephen and Brad will move inside and become contested inside mids and clearance machines though (or the 2019 versions of Brayshaw and Cerra)

I heavily reject that Port would need more than 5 and 25 to get 10 & 11.

Not only 5 and 25 equal to 10 and 11 on points, but the points are bogus, top picks are worth more than that. I also think that Rankine is a lock to be there at 5 and the Crows mismanager confirmed how hard it would be to get one of those picks. We also get to play SA clubs against each other, if not 10 and 11, i think we can get 8 and 15 from Crows. Pick 5 almost guarantee's an SA club Rankine for the next 13 years

I reckon the sweetener you mention is Mayes going to Port or Crows to get 9/10 or 8/15 over the line for pick 5 while we also get 22

Makes sense and they'd definetly have been a case to make that move before live trading. But why wouldn't Port just wait until draft night if they're dealing in solely picks? Would look mighty dumb if GC use one of their picks on Rankine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps, I was not responding to such broad notion. I was talking about the Yeo trade (which itself only has tenuous links to the current thread). If you're implying that was part of 'the disaster', then that is possible argument, but a weak one and highly speculative based on countless other scenarios that would eventuate - for example, to get Yeo it's likely we would not have Alex Pearce on our list. At the time, under realistic knowledge of the facts, it would have been an incredibly risky move and quite likely not possible at all. If you're still focussing on the 2011 draft, that is another matter altogether and one I never actually mentioned.

More on topic, what does your assessment of the 2010-15 tell you about what to do now? Is Hogan a sure thing and so, if needed, see Neale out the door, or should we put our foot down with Neale and keep him, or are the likely top draft picks we're going to get a sure thing and, thus, the way to go? It's relatively easy to look back and make decisions in hindsight, but what do we do now going forward?

I’m all in for Hogan because I have no confidence we will find a better key forward than him.

On trade radio today, it was reported that Lukosius' manager specifically said he was keen to go to Gold Coast.

Not what he said at all.

There were rumours Lukosious didn’t want to go. His manager came out and said he would be happy to be drafted at 2 and go to GC. He would be happy to go anywhere.

Massive difference between what I just said and you saying his manager said he was keen.

Still pisses me off that he was never really interested in Freo and you didn't get into a bidding war with WC. WC only had to give up pick 28 and that was after a week and a half of them trying to get away with a third round pick.

Not sure what was the worst trade we had that year, Yeo or Docherty for 33.

West Coast Eagles star of the future Elliot Yeo could have gone to Fremantle | PerthNow - https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...fremantle-ng-d7a0e4d7ea7273f9250b57082d53aaba

Not what he said at all.

There were rumours Lukosious didn’t want to go. His manager came out and said he would be happy to be drafted at 2 and go to GC. He would be happy to go anywhere.

Massive difference between what I just said and you saying his manager said he was keen.

Fair enough. I thought I was repeating how I heard it on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back