Panther Blood

Debutant
Oct 21, 2012
In a Treehouse
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Cove Cobras
It is time to cut him loose. His comments in regards to Rachelle were deplorable and I hope in-house he was severely reprimanded.

With the addition of Cumming and Peatling there is no room in the midfield. Absolutely NO room. There is also no room in the backline for Laird as we are settled with our youth coming through.

Trade him and get him out of our club.

What are your thoughts on Rory Laird?

Look... I don't think it's going to happen.

However, I would do it for both Laird's benefit and for his destination team (he still has a lot to offer) and so we can prioritize youth.

But it's not going to happen, so I would like to see him reinvent himself a bit - the hard stuff, the team man, the big older bro, probably play him in defence - all that stuff. He can get back to it.

When Pigs Fly Animation GIF by Marie Chapuis

I can't see how he fits into the restructured 2025 lineup. Because I have a bit of spare time, and clearly no life, I have a round one fully fit team on the go, which I gleefully altered today. I don't even have Laird in the emergencies. I think he faces a year in decline and frustration as he becomes yesterday's man. If he was smart he would be giving North a call, or Richmond or West Coast or St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look... I don't think it's going to happen.

However, I would do it for both Laird's benefit and for his destination team (he still has a lot to offer) and so we can prioritize youth.

But it's not going to happen, so I would like to see him reinvent himself a bit - the hard stuff, the team man, the big older bro, probably play him in defence - all that stuff. He can get back to it.

He jogs around like it’s someone else’s job to do the hard yards. I’d pay his contract with a 5th coming back.

We should’ve traded him 3 years ago when he had some form of currency.

He’ll be here until he calls time. “We owe it to Lairdy”. “Warrior in adversity”. “Great leader”. “Good club man”. “All Australian”.

Laird and O'Brien should be on the trade table. Both could still hold value. If you could turn Laird, O'Brien and pick 25 into Peatling, Neale-Bullen and a pick in the teens, as well as a couple of list spots for prospective players, that would rejuvenate the list.
Laird should 100% be traded (but won't), but who would we bring as ruck to replace R.O.B?

I can't see how he fits into the restructured 2025 lineup. Because I have a bit of spare time, and clearly no life, I have a round one fully fit team on the go, which I gleefully altered today. I don't even have Laird in the emergencies. I think he faces a year in decline and frustration as he becomes yesterday's man. If he was smart he would be giving North a call, or Richmond or West Coast or St Kilda.
Defence is the only spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Laird to be traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back