Lake vs Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nup. Scarlett > Lake.

simpsons1.jpg

zap!!

Maybe if Scarlett had played on the best players then we might be able to compare:rolleyes:
He'll play on like Campbell Brown, Scott Welsh etc.

Please list for me all the opponents Scarlett has played on in his last 100 games to support this assertion that he has not played 'on the best players'.

With Scarlett on the sidelines and being played out of position to give Lonergan a go at FB, Lake is definitely ahead on 2010 form alone. Other than that, you'd have to be stupid to say that Lake has been better over any sustained period of time.

More excuses. If a team's striving to win a premiership, you put players in one position so they can settle in there for the rest of the season and hit their best.

It shouldn't matter either way. Lake's proven himself by smashing both Buddy and Brown. Will be the AA Full Back this year (Mainly because there's not much competition for him).
We and Bomber disagree. A transition plan is essential for the long term viability of the Club. I think I'll go with the guy who has built this list from the ground up to win 2 from 3 flags. Also we won the game against the Hawks so we got something right. Scarlo was a much better match up for Brown who was very damaging the week before so clearly we got it right.
Oh and Scarlett shits all over Lake. Got the AAs and the flags to prove it

With Scarlett on the sidelines and being played out of position to give Lonergan a go at FB, Lake is definitely ahead on 2010 form alone. Other than that, you'd have to be stupid to say that Lake has been better over any sustained period of time.

Regardless, Lake's currently ahead of Scarlett. If you're going to make excuses, we have Williams sometimes getting the best forward and Lake plays loose at times.

We and Bomber disagree. A transition plan is essential for the long term viability of the Club. I think I'll go with the guy who has built this list from the ground up to win 2 from 3 flags. Also we won the game against the Hawks so we got something right. Scarlo was a much better match up for Brown who was very damaging the week before so clearly we got it right.
Oh and Scarlett shits all over Lake. Got the AAs and the flags to prove it

For starters, don't associate yourself with Mark Thompson. He never said anything about Lake being better than Scarlett and he's a coach, not a dumb supporter. Secondly, you're failing to understand the premise of the poll. It's who's currently better and Lake certainly is. He warrents selection on the best defender the majority of the time and has been smashing it this year, smashing J.Brown, Franklin, Anthony etc. If you think AAs and Flags can prove this argument wrong, you have rocks in your head.

irrelevant

when lake was on tippett, he was beaten

tippett kicked 2 in a quarter on him, then the supply was cut off

irrelevant

when lake was on tippett, he was beaten

tippett kicked 2 in a quarter on him, then the supply was cut off

i laughed that you rushed to update this thread because you are so insecure about a poll on the interweb.

whoa someone kicked 2 in a quarter on lake, surely no one has ever kicked 2 goals in a quarter on Scarlett before.

i laughed that you rushed to update this thread because you are so insecure about a poll on the interweb.

whoa someone kicked 2 in a quarter on lake, surely no one has ever kicked 2 goals in a quarter on Scarlett before.

i laughed that the first thing you did after waking up was log on to big footy because you're so insecure about a poll on the interweb

don't go the grandblue route, argue with facts, not insults

i laughed that the first thing you did after waking up was log on to big footy because you're so insecure about a poll on the interweb

don't go the grandblue route, argue with facts, not insults

Lake has taken- Tippet, Riewoldt (Rich), Franklin, Anthony, Brown (Bris)
Scarlett has taken- Brown (haw), Williams (ess)

Scarlett has played only 2 games this season as well, if you want to use Lake's 2010 performances as an indicator why don't you give it a rest until they have played the same amounts of games or taken the same opponents.

Scarlett - career.

Lake - now.

I love how Lake will always always take a power forward, and even better, HE outmarks THEM. This attribute will mark him as a pioneering full back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahaha, alright! Here we go with the 'reverse coleman' bullshit again. That's one of the most stupid arguments ever used on Bigfooty I swear to god. It might have some merit in the 90s where the game was played 1v1 style but nowadays, teams have zones, the third man up role etc and thus the comparison had become stupid and only knobs like you think it's a valid argument. Efficiency is another stupid one, because a lot of defenders kick it backwards.

It's only a stupid argument because it doesn't support your belief. The reality is that Scarlett is, was and will always be a better player than Lake. He is the most important player in a team that has dominated for three years. He has a multitude of all- Australians, has reguarly pansted the stars whilst setting up play after. In the two GF wins he played huge roles, something I don't think Lake will ever do.
In saying all of that, I love Lake as a player and see him as clearly the second best full-back in the comp. at the moment. He is at the peak of his powers and is good to watch.

It's only a stupid argument because it doesn't support your belief. The reality is that Scarlett is, was and will always be a better player than Lake. He is the most important player in a team that has dominated for three years. He has a multitude of all- Australians, has reguarly pansted the stars whilst setting up play after. In the two GF wins he played huge roles, something I don't think Lake will ever do.
In saying all of that, I love Lake as a player and see him as clearly the second best full-back in the comp. at the moment. He is at the peak of his powers and is good to watch.

I thought Lake was slightly better last year, I know he is better so far this year. Also in our two prelim loses Lake was exceptional. I recall a thread on the main board along the lines of 'was that the best game from a fullback ever' after our match against you.

just ignore him, he won't discuss football with you, he'll only insult you

Scarlett is an awesome player but Lake generates just as much drive as him whilst standing the biggest and the best forward each week. Scarlett always gets the number 2 or 3 forward so he can be released to run off his man.
Yes Scarlett should be AA but not as Full Back - no way. Put him in a pocket next to Lake in the AA team and that would be on the money.

Well now that Scarlett is actually playing, not only is he back to playing on the opposition's number 1 full forward, but he's also thrashing them. Has conceded 5 disposals and 2 goals in the last 2 weeks since returning from a 6 week injury, on Bradshaw and Fevola. Fev hadn't been kept to less than 3 goals all year and Bradshaw was coming off 20 goals in 4 games.

Still think Scarlett is a glorified back pocket :rolleyes:?

im surprised this is close. No disrespect to lake who is a great backman, but scarlett is probably the best full back ever.

Scarlett was a superstar before the cats became a superstar team. He seems to be able to beat any forward of any shape and size and he is a general down there.

I think he has played at a high level for a lot longer than lake has in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back