Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

On the contrary, he's one of the fastest players in the AFL when it comes to repeat sprint testing. His acceleration is a determining factor in his ability to defend the dangerous small forwards. He'll be better in 2012 given he will have a preseason this time around.

Cool if he is going to be better than his AA 2011, could I suggest you keep him.

So Neon Leon wants to come home and play his way into retirement?

I would put my membership card in the microwave :)D) if Freo picked him up even for pick 100.......

He can go play in the WAFL and give something back.

Not interested. Cannot see the slightest upside in this option.

Well then you're severely short sighted. Look, when push comes to shove I don't think we should bother either ... maybe free through PSD or 3rd round pick type thing (Tarrant anybody) if we can fit him in our list ... but IF he could hold his current form and fitness and IF he could keep his head in order, his talent would be a valuable addition to our mix. We have desperately needed a back-man who can hold a position and be dangerous off the flanks.

Duffield has gone AWOL despite being present on the team list every week.
Broughton has had to play more middle
Roger - really our equivalent - can't get on the park and frankly probably never will for any length of time.
Suban - form and injury issues, but hasn't shown anything close to what Leon has.

After that we're clutching at straws and stop gaps.

I agree he's made to look better in a very good team, but anybody doubting his talent and the fact that he could contribute (in theory at least) to our team are just stuck with their perceptions (like a lot of BF do with many players).

The big issue is that he is looking at downing tools which is never good sign from a player who has had issues with being switched on in the first place, and would only give us a couple of years - 3 at absolute best - which means a trade for anything resembling a serious pick would be out of the question.

But, IF he ended up here and the club have done their due diligence etc. then I wouldn't call it a bad move at all.

..but seriously, The FFC isn't a superannuation fund for players wanting to 'come home' who are 30 years old. He's past his best. Can't see any upside for the FFC.

There's always WC and the WAFL he Neon Leon still wants to light up the footy field.

Roger - really our equivalent - can't get on the park and frankly probably never will for any length of time.

He's only not on the park now because he put his body on the line (again) and got a broken leg (again), why does that equate to a continual stretch of not playing where it would be better to have Davis? Or is Davis "smart", like our captain, so would never be injured?

Past his best, lmao. Have you watched him this year? He's in career best form. And how the hell can you compare him to Fev, his rap sheet is nowhere near comparable. I fail to see a downside in adding a guy like him, did Collingwood balk at adding Tarrant because he was 30?

Past his best, lmao. Have you watched him this year? He's in career best form. And how the hell can you compare him to Fev, his rap sheet is nowhere near comparable. I fail to see a downside in adding a guy like him, did Collingwood balk at adding Tarrant because he was 30?

Tarrant AA form KPP. Collingwood firmly in premiership window and reigning premiers. Freo aren't, and furthermore any why trade any picks away for a guy who may play a full season or two.
We need to rebuild our forward line. Not patch it up.

Tarrant AA form KPP. Collingwood firmly in premiership window and reigning premiers. Freo aren't, and furthermore any why trade any picks away for a guy who may play a full season or two.
We need to rebuild our forward line. Not patch it up.

Suspect we'd be talking about our back line? Agree that he shouldn't go anywhere near our forward line, but we could use a player that could beat his man and set up attacks from our back line. Except for Broughton, we don't really have any small/mid defenders that can do both (with Roger injured).

Not advocating that we get him necessarily though. Would like to see Suban, Pitt or another younger player get the chance to develop in that position. Leon would be a quick fix and would take up a spot that we could use to develop a ten year player.

If a third round or a PSD pick would get him I'd be comfortable with it. Anything more than that is a waste of time.

Gday guys.

I know there's talk of Leon heading home every year, but it's come from the horses mouth this time (refer to article on the AFL site).

Just wondering what you guys feel about it and if you're interested/not and what you'd be willing to pay, 2nd or 3rd rounder? or are there any Vic players on your list that might be wanting to move home?

Good luck with the rest of the year.

You realise he's odds on for the AA BP spot don't you?, he's been awesome down back for us this year, one on one work has been outstanding and his run from defense has been very very good, elite skills, great reflexes etc, has 2 very good years left IMO.

Got any used cars for sale?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got any used cars for sale?

1998 colt , few kms on it but it has never driven better.

Look I probably shouldn't do this but you have an honest face .....$10 000 and at that price I am losing money.

1998 colt , few kms on it but it has never driven better.

Look I probably shouldn't do this but you have an honest face .....$10 000 and at that price I am losing money.

It's for my daughter, can you bump it down to 2k, it's her money and I want her to value her possessions.

I'll never forget this if you can come down to my level.

We are not a rebuilding side, we should be trying to add talent any way we can get it. Tarrant cost the Pies pick 55, essentially nothing, if Leon was dead set on coming here then we'd be paying something similar. Who gives a crap if he'd be keeping a younger player out of the side? Competition for places is excellent motivation, gifting games to players because they're teenagers is best left to teams like Melbourne and Richmond.

The best thing this club has done was actively looking for mature aged players who could fill roles and contribute immediately, the whole youth focus that some clubs are obsessed with is a loser's mentality.

We are not a rebuilding side, we should be trying to add talent any way we can get it. Tarrant cost the Pies pick 55, essentially nothing, if Leon was dead set on coming here then we'd be paying something similar. Who gives a crap if he'd be keeping a younger player out of the side? Competition for places is excellent motivation, gifting games to players because they're teenagers is best left to teams like Melbourne and Richmond.

The best thing this club has done was actively looking for mature aged players who could fill roles and contribute immediately, the whole youth focus that some clubs are obsessed with is a loser's mentality.

I'd like to agree with you, but first you must have a cake.

Leon is a cream on top player.

We need some filling first.

If players go out then some can come in. At the end of the day the draft is going to be pretty slim because of GC and GWS.

I am happy to look at anybody in form to help fill out veterans list. Always risk but sometimes the kids are not worth it.

Look at who is not going to be here next year
This is not going through the rookies :

Schammer
Houghton
Palmer?
Hinkley?
Faulks? (had a good game but struggling to break into the team so do we keep him for a spot?)
Jack? - delist?
Roger? - I would go another year but it is a risk and understand if he goes.

This does include those that may want to get traded.

We got plenty of filling, a full list next year and a game plan which makes sense and we'll be right to go. What kind of filling would we be getting with pick 55 anyway? God knows we need another Jesse Crichton or Dylan Roberton.

We got plenty of filling, a full list next year and a game plan which makes sense and we'll be right to go. What kind of filling would we be getting with pick 55 anyway? God knows we need another Jesse Crichton or Dylan Roberton.

Jesse Crichton will be a player.

Be certain of that.

And no, we dont have the filling, we rely on too few, too often and it's been a common theme for a long time.

We are a club which would build a house from the roof first.

He's only not on the park now because he put his body on the line (again) and got a broken leg (again), why does that equate to a continual stretch of not playing where it would be better to have Davis? Or is Davis "smart", like our captain, so would never be injured?

And he wasn't available 2 years ago because of his 'bravery' or whatever, and the year before and couple of years before that etc. Look I love Roger, no doubt one of my all time favourites, but the years of actually depending on him filling our best 22 for a full season are long gone. (Like Ottens for Geelong, champion player, but don't expect a full season out of him).

In any case, that is not the point. The point is that people who say that Leon would offer us nothing I don't think are looking the whole thing clearly - or maybe they are and they still have that opinion in which case I disagree. As I said, I don't think he's worth pursuing, but saying he would be useless/nothing to add etc. are totally underselling Leon or overestimating our squad. That's the point.

I'd go with GG, I don't think we have enough of a 'cake' to justify forking out anything for the 'cream' of Leon.

Cool if he is going to be better than his AA 2011, could I suggest you keep him.
I've been involved with and worked in football for far too long to have an affiliation to one AFL side more than any other Moo. My interests lie with West Australian football.

Cheers.

Nothing wrong with Jesse, would not be giving him up for a 31 year old who looks good in the best team in the AFL.

I've been involved with and worked in football for far too long to have an affiliation to one AFL side more than any other Moo. My interests lie with West Australian football.

Cheers.

...and I have been involved in aged care long enough to know that bringing in a 31 year old to a squad like Freo (let alone pay Cwood for the privilege) ain't clever recruiting.

I'd give that spot to Blackwell before Davis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back