Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

If he gets a premiership this year, he'll more than likely retire. If not & he wants to go home, I would hope for a straight swap for Jack, but I'd imagine he has burnt his bridges at Coll.

Jack was still a required player when he left, but as you said, just depends on those bridges.

If he gets a premiership this year, he'll more than likely retire. If not & he wants to go home, I would hope for a straight swap for Jack, but I'd imagine he has burnt his bridges at Coll.

In the name of all things Clive - I would do that in a heart beat.

Plus Distributor - Tarrant was bloody good when he left here and joined a team that is at the height of their powers... so it is different.

Plus your a visitor here, Clay is not.

In the name of all things Clive - I would do that in a heart beat.

Plus Distributor - Tarrant was bloody good when he left here and joined a team that is at the height of their powers... so it is different.

Plus your a visitor here, Clay is not.

Still, a bit of respect doesn't go astray, i was only asking/answering questions.

Also, you did get Jack for free, he was a required player for us and we wouldve valued him around a second round pick (late second round), but hey you take the good with the bad, can't believe you guys still play him as a fwd, he was being groomed down back for us.

If you have seen any WAFL this year there have been 2 standouts for Claremont - Wilkes and Blackwell.

I'd back them as very cheap depth upgrades if we decide to put a knife (not a broom) to the lower ends of our list.

Blackwell is an upgrade on Schammer/Hinkley, and would cost your last rookie spot. Davis may give you 2 years and will cost us a pick this draft and means one less pick the following draft.

If Freo continue the route of taking good kids, some mature aged rookies or lower listers that can play are vital.

To me, and I have said it before .....Wilkes looks like an AFL footballer everytime I see him play.

Comparing Blackwell to Davis is like comparing a Datsun to a Mercedes.

I have seen a fair bit of WAFL infact I saw Wilkes have his pants pulled down by Aaron Zucconi at tigerland does that mean we should look at Zucconi as back up for KPP defensive post, I think not.

The problem with Wilkes and Blackwell is that they have spent years on AFL lists and never made it, they have also dominated local leagues during this time. Unfortunately they have physical deficiencies that have prevented them from succeeding at the next level. Blackwell's lack of pace has always cost him at the higher level and was lucky that to stay on the list at carlton so long. Wilkes I havent seen alot of except against perth and last years grand final where against tougher and bigger opposition he has gone to water. Im all for recruiting mature age players infact from Claremont I see AFL ability in a guy like Kane Mitchell who can actually run the lines.

Do I want Davis, not if he costs too much but seriously our round 2 pick this year is going to be at about 30 and every one knows this is a weak draft. What if we could score him with our last pick would you still say no. I feel he has 3 years of football left him which coincidentally fits in with the length of Pav's contract.

Except when he plays AFL...

Maybe.

He has been pretty impressive.

I have seen JA play 4 times this year and I know who looked more like the delisted AFL player.

Rookie spot is a small price.

Doesn't matter if he chose us, (lots of players have chosen you in the past) you have to look at our circumstances, Tarrant to us at the start of the year was nothing more than a 31 yr old back up KD coming off an injury prone season, if Brown didn't do his knee he wouldn't be in our best 22, i ask again, if you wre in our situation what would you have paid for him?

So what you're saying is a 30 year old KPP player who has shown AA form at both ends of the ground was barely worth pick 55 to the reigning premiers, but a a 30 year old small who has shown AA form at both ends will be worth about pick 35 to a team unlikely to make the finals this year? Tarrant had much more worth to the pies last year than Davis has to Freo this year.

At the end of the day if Davis wants to come home he only has value if BOTH teams are interested in him. For us to consider offering our second round pick the eagles would've had to of offered theirs, and I think that's very unlikely, I don't think they'll even offer their 3rd round pick.

So what you're saying is a 30 year old KPP player who has shown AA form at both ends of the ground was barely worth pick 55 to the reigning premiers, but a a 30 year old small who has shown AA form at both ends will be worth about pick 35 to a team unlikely to make the finals this year? Tarrant had much more worth to the pies last year than Davis has to Freo this year.

At the end of the day if Davis wants to come home he only has value if BOTH teams are interested in him. For us to consider offering our second round pick the eagles would've had to of offered theirs, and I think that's very unlikely, I don't think they'll even offer their 3rd round pick.

Yeah i was kind of using our draft position when saying 2nd rounder (thinking well finish 1st), i don't think he'd be worth pick 30 unless we threw in our 3rd rounder as well, so real value would probably be your 3rd rounder (say a mid 40s pick) IMO.

Also as i said, we didn't really want Tarrant, our FB spot was Browns to lose and at the start of the year Tarrant was simply back up, he probably wouldve been considered as a fwd ahead of Dawes but that spot was Dawes to lose and we'd already been down that track with Taz, so what do you pay for a 31 yr old KB who possibly wouldn't be in your best 22? (i know it's worked out great for us having Taz, but that isn't the point)

Leon would walk into your 22 and would be odds on to finish top 10 in your BaF IMO.

Also as i said, we didn't really want Tarrant, our FB spot was Browns to lose and at the start of the year Tarrant was simply back up, he probably wouldve been considered as a fwd ahead of Dawes but that spot was Dawes to lose as well and we'd already been down that track with Taz.

I could imagine you wouldn't want a lock down defender who can play on bigs and smalls.

Your charity in taking him was such a kind act.

Mate Taz was on fire, and it was no risk in taking him. Sorry to say - you sound like a prototypical Vic supporter who thinks Taz is having a surprisingly good year. It ain't no shock to us.

The value of Leon recently that he has been drifting forward in bursts & he has been hurting teams on the scoreboard. Subiaco would suit him to a tee as he does his best work in space & that ground has plenty of it. Have seen Fremantle a bit this year & their forward line looks out of whack, it has one main target (i.e. Bradley), a hit up forward (Mayne) & a crumber in Ballantyne. The way forward lines operate now is you kick long to a contest & your smaller types keep the ball locked in, this is one facet that Leon excels at.

I could imagine you wouldn't want a lock down defender who can play on bigs and smalls.

Your charity in taking him was such a kind act.

Mate Taz was on fire, and it was no risk in taking him. Sorry to say - you sound like a prototypical Vic supporter who thinks Taz is having a surprisingly good year. It ain't no shock to us.

Mate, how many AA defenders can one have in a team, and that's not mentioning heater who's been unlucky more than once, our backline is very very strong with or without tarrant.

Look, you can say we'd be stuffed without Taz now ( we wouldnt be though), but remember we wouldve had Jack as KB back up if one of our main KBs went down (as one did), us getting Taz was the main reason for Jack leaving and Jack is a very capable defender, especialy on the opps second tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compromised draft means a second rounder is virtually a 3rd rounder anyway, i don't think he holds much value with his age but as both WA clubs are in a window of sorts it may bring his price up a bit, if you offer a 3rd rounder WC would have to offer their 2nd rounder (if they wanted him)

And forget about his 2010 season, he played injured all year and wasn't right, and don't just think he's a back pocket, at his best he's an AA mid/fwd who can now play back (at AA standard), he's been used in the midfiled/fwd for us at times this year to good effect.

Tarrant was pretty much washed up in 2010, he held no value, the only reason we took him was because he said he would play for minimum wage, he was a 31 yr old coming off an injury riddled season, what did you expect us to pay for him?

If Leon wants to play in Perth next year i reckon you'd be mad not to pay a second rounder (virtual 3rd rounder) to get him. IMO.

Tarrant washed up at the end of 2010? Eh? He would have been the best or second best KPB last year on games played. He was thrashing everyone he played on, talls or smalls.

The only reason you took him..... my arse. You essentially gave us Mzungu, Faulks and a pick for Tarrant (alot of it via GC). You wouldn't have paid that if you didn't want him badly.

If Leon wants back next year, neither Freo or WC would pay anything near a 2nd rounder, and probably not a 3rd round either for him. As everyone in this thread is saying, we don't need a 31 year old downhill skiier, we have kids in their early 20's who can do exactly the same job.

Mate, you're taking one eyed support of your team to the next level.

Sorry to post here as a pies supporter but I could've sworn we're not going to renew his contract at the end of the year but Bucks has said to him he's a required part of the team. Why would he want to leave anyway after so many years at the club and us at our peak. On a side note I doubt freo would want him either being 31... ridiculous suggestion to think that he would go there

Edit: Tarrant was definitely not washed up whatsoever, pretty sure Carlton and Hawks were interested and he would've got a fair whack of cash but he demanded to go to Collingwood and he chose to pay on minimal salary as we said to him we have no money and he didn't want money.

I think so, who had a better 2010? not many if any got hold of Brown last year mate.

Riewolt got him earlier in the season.

Didn't see anyone beat Taz all year last year. And bear in mind that Taz can match up as effectively on talls and smalls. He's not just a match up for gorillas. He uses the ball well, and you can throw him forward.

But he's still not in your best 22?

Crap.

Until these Collingwood floggers stop making derisory offers and get genuine...

Look, on behalf of FFC I'll accept Chris Dawes & Scott Pendlebury and we'll give Pick 67 and the Jeepers Creepers DVD collection.

We cool..?

Back to the original question, I'd rather spend the effort trying to lure Chad Cornes out of retirement than go after Leon Davis.

Yeah man, plus he'd come with his bro Kane, so we'd have two extra goalposts for use at training.:rolleyes: Tho I reckon Chadwick wouldn't want to move, as he'd have to change the postcode he has tatt'd on his fingers... :D

Didn't see anyone beat Taz all year last year. And bear in mind that Taz can match up as effectively on talls and smalls. He's not just a match up for gorillas. He uses the ball well, and you can throw him forward.

Crap.

Ironically the 2 times I can recall Tarrant getting beaten were by Cloke, and possibly Anthony!, twice against Collingwood anyway IIRC

Crap.

Got to Brown?, gee, that's funny, the first time we played the Saints Roo played on Presti and did his hammy before HT, he did nothing the next time we met and Brown destroyed him in the finals (as in both GFs), try again.

so, the guy played 13 games in 2010, yeah, that's what you want to see from a 31 yr old potential recruit, we shouldve offered you a first rounder, and told our young premiership FB that he might have to play 2s for a couple of years while we make room for tazza, we wouldn't mind you going elsewhere though because we now have a 31 yr old FB coming off an injury prone season, yeah!!

Sorry to post here as a pies supporter but I could've sworn we're not going to renew his contract at the end of the year but Bucks has said to him he's a required part of the team. Why would he want to leave anyway after so many years at the club and us at our peak. On a side note I doubt freo would want him either being 31... ridiculous suggestion to think that he would go there

Edit: Tarrant was definitely not washed up whatsoever, pretty sure Carlton and Hawks were interested and he would've got a fair whack of cash but he demanded to go to Collingwood and he chose to pay on minimal salary as we said to him we have no money and he didn't want money.

Thankyou for restoring my faith in humanity. <3

Got to Brown?, gee, that's funny, the first time we played the Saints Roo played on Presti and did his hammy before HT, he did nothing the next time we met and Brown destroyed him in the finals (as in both GFs), try again.

so, the guy played 13 games in 2010, yeah, that's what you want to see from a 31 yr old potential recruit, we shouldve offered you a first rounder, and told our young premiership FB that he might have to play 2s for a couple of years while we make room for tazza, we wouldn't mind you going elsewhere though because we now have a 31 yr old FB coming off an injury prone season, yeah!!

I really cannot see Presti playing on Riewoldt. Riewoldt makes his money by shear workrate, he is up to the wings and back all day long. Presti wouldn't have the tank to go with him for even half a quarter. There is no way that matchup would happen, therefore I call bullshit.

At the end of the day, regardless of age, Taz would have been the best KP defender in yeam come the end of 2010. Collingwoods window is open now, not in 5 years time, blooding a young fella over a guy more likely to win you a game is not an option.

Injury prone season? No. He had no recurring injuries in the past few years, and had been extremely consistant. One injury does not make him injury prone.

Thankyou for restoring my faith in humanity. <3

I really cannot see Presti playing on Riewoldt. Riewoldt makes his money by shear workrate, he is up to the wings and back all day long. Presti wouldn't have the tank to go with him for even half a quarter. There is no way that matchup would happen, therefore I call bullshit.

At the end of the day, regardless of age, Taz would have been the best KP defender inside come the end of 2010. Collingwoods window is open now, not in 5 years time, blooding a young fella over a guy more likely to win you a game is not an option.

Injury prone season? No. He had no recurring injuries in the past few years, and had been extremely consistant. One injury does not make him injury prone.

Verpiss dich, du spast.

You honestly need to stop talking about things you know nothing about, Presti played on Roo that night, just like every other time we played them when presty was fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back