Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

...and I have been involved in aged care long enough to know that bringing in a 31 year old to a squad like Freo (let alone pay Cwood for the privilege) ain't clever recruiting.

I'd give that spot to Blackwell before Davis.

Eeek, he's 31! I didn't realise that - I thought he was 29. That's only 2 years but at that stage of things that's a big 2 years. That's another tick in the 'not worth it' column that's for sure.

Eeek, he's 31! I didn't realise that - I thought he was 29. That's only 2 years but at that stage of things that's a big 2 years. That's another tick in the 'not worth it' column that's for sure.

Will be 31 next season

...and I have been involved in aged care long enough to know that bringing in a 31 year old to a squad like Freo (let alone pay Cwood for the privilege) ain't clever recruiting.

I'd give that spot to Blackwell before Davis.
I wasn't referring to Leon Davis in my comment Moo. I was addressing Dr Ralph Dagg's #12 post.

I happen to agree that Fremantle is well stocked with Davis type rebounding defenders.

I wasn't referring to Leon Davis in my comment Moo. I was addressing Dr Ralph Dagg's #12 post.

I happen to agree that Fremantle is well stocked with Davis type rebounding defenders.

I'll just be quiet then.

Why sell yourself short mate? 1st rounder all the way for a downhill skiier that goes missing when it matters. We haven't got any of those.

Compromised draft means a second rounder is virtually a 3rd rounder anyway, i don't think he holds much value with his age but as both WA clubs are in a window of sorts it may bring his price up a bit, if you offer a 3rd rounder WC would have to offer their 2nd rounder (if they wanted him)

And forget about his 2010 season, he played injured all year and wasn't right, and don't just think he's a back pocket, at his best he's an AA mid/fwd who can now play back (at AA standard), he's been used in the midfiled/fwd for us at times this year to good effect.

Tarrant was pretty much washed up in 2010, he held no value, the only reason we took him was because he said he would play for minimum wage, he was a 31 yr old coming off an injury riddled season, what did you expect us to pay for him?

If Leon wants to play in Perth next year i reckon you'd be mad not to pay a second rounder (virtual 3rd rounder) to get him. IMO.

Compromised draft means a second rounder is virtually a 3rd rounder anyway, i don't think he holds much value with his age but as both WA clubs are in a window of sorts it may bring his price up a bit, if you offer a 3rd rounder WC would have to offer their 2nd rounder (if they wanted him)

And forget about his 2010 season, he played injured all year and wasn't right, and don't just think he's a back pocket, at his best he's an AA mid/fwd who can now play back (at AA standard), he's been used in the midfiled/fwd for us at times this year to good effect.

Tarrant was pretty much washed up in 2010, he held no value, the only reason we took him was because he said he would play for minimum wage, he was a 31 yr old coming off an injury riddled season, what did you expect us to pay for him?

If Leon wants to play in Perth next year i reckon you'd be mad not to pay a second rounder (virtual 3rd rounder) to get him. IMO.
This is drivel.

Complete utter crap, if not for injuries he would've been AA. The only reason you got him so cheap was because he was uncontracted and said he only wanted to go to Collingwood. Don't pretend like you watched us play at all last season.

Complete utter crap, if not for injuries he would've been AA. The only reason you got him so cheap was because he was uncontracted and said he only wanted to go to Collingwood. Don't pretend like you watched us play at all last season.

Leons value at the end of the 2010 season was nothing as well, everyone thought he was washed up, things change, my point was when a 31 yr old starts getting injurys his trade value if next to nothing, what did you expect for Taz? fact is we didn't even want him really, as i said, he was told he could come back but he'd be on the bare minimum and if he wanted till he should look elsewhere (and remember he was eligible for our Vets list so we wern't really concerned with cap space)

If we're not interested in Davis is there any point in keeping Hayden and to a lesser extent Grover?

Leons value at the end of the 2010 season was nothing as well, everyone thought he was washed up, things change, my point was when a 31 yr old starts getting injurys his trade value if next to nothing, what did you expect for Taz? fact is we didn't even want him really, as i said, he was told he could come back but he'd be on the bare minimum and if he wanted till he should look elsewhere (and remember he was eligible for our Vets list so we wern't really concerned with cap space)

Both Hawthorne and Carlton expressed interest in Tarrant. Tarrant also chose Collingwood because he had the added benefit of going on to the veterans list meaning he could be paid more

If we're not interested in Davis is there any point in keeping Hayden and to a lesser extent Grover?

Both Hawthorne and Carlton expressed interest in Tarrant. Tarrant also chose Collingwood because he had the added benefit of going on to the veterans list meaning he could be paid more

Doesn't matter if he chose us, (lots of players have chosen you in the past) you have to look at our circumstances, Tarrant to us at the start of the year was nothing more than a 31 yr old back up KD coming off an injury prone season, if Brown didn't do his knee he wouldn't be in our best 22, i ask again, if you wre in our situation what would you have paid for him?

Nathan Brown would've kept Taz out of your 22 huh? :rolleyes: Taz was an elite key defender last year with at least two good seasons left in him, Carlton and Hawthorn would've been prepared to give up a hell of a lot more to get him if Taz was willing to go anywhere.

I'm not bitter about him going, but at least stop talking crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the reason I'm not interested in Davis is because we have Hayden. Similar age but a far better player all around.

If you have nothing to add, don't post.

You've got nothing to add and yet you're still here.

You asked your question, you got your answer, now go away.

Nathan Brown would've kept Taz out of your 22 huh? :rolleyes: Taz was an elite key defender last year with at least two good seasons left in him, Carlton and Hawthorn would've been prepared to give up a hell of a lot more to get him if Taz was willing to go anywhere.

I'm not bitter about him going, but at least stop talking crap.

I think so, who had a better 2010? not many if any got hold of Brown last year mate.

Internet tough guy hey, gee you're tough mate, very tough indeed, i can just picture you now. HERO!!

Not any kind of tough guy, just call out idiots when I see them. You know you spelled your name incorrectly, don't you? Or were you being deliberately ironic, playing up on the perception that Collingwood fans are illiterate bottom feeders from a very small gene pool?

Not any kind of tough guy, just call out idiots when I see them. You know you spelled your name incorrectly, don't you?
Guess you do a lot of yelling in the mirror then.

And yes mate, Distributor was taken, is that all you have? not really sure what's pissed you off mate, are you mentally sound?

If he gets a premiership this year, he'll more than likely retire. If not & he wants to go home, I would hope for a straight swap for Jack, but I'd imagine he has burnt his bridges at Coll.

A Claremont player who has shown he is not up to AFL standard,
is that you Gerard?

If you have seen any WAFL this year there have been 2 standouts for Claremont - Wilkes and Blackwell.

I'd back them as very cheap depth upgrades if we decide to put a knife (not a broom) to the lower ends of our list.

Blackwell is an upgrade on Schammer/Hinkley, and would cost your last rookie spot. Davis may give you 2 years and will cost us a pick this draft and means one less pick the following draft.

If Freo continue the route of taking good kids, some mature aged rookies or lower listers that can play are vital.

To me, and I have said it before .....Wilkes looks like an AFL footballer everytime I see him play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back