Think Tank Leon Davis Medal 2024 - discussion pre-game, then nominations, then voting...

Who was pathetic?

• Heeney

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Parker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amartie?

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Hipwood

• Horse

• Papley

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Blakey

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final day brings many acolades to the victor, and bronx cheers to the loser - I dont know if they cheer that much in the Bronx?

But amongst the great players is one who is a complete spud - could be one who clangs and misses a match winning goal, or could be one who has the most time on ground for little to no impact...

But it's the most glorious day of the football year! Grand Final day, where we find out which club supporters have bragging rights for 12 months and who will be mercilessly trolled for that same period (or longer). A new player will make a zero of himself by being crowned the 2024 Leon Davis Medallist! :thumbsu:

leondavismedalface2_zps1ad7d175 (1).jpg

A Bay 13 tradition, the Leon Davis Medal is awarded to the player deemed 'worst on ground' in the Grand Final.
There are many more ways to determine the WOG than the BOG. :rainbow:

Previous Winners:

2011: Alan Didak
2012: Cyril Rioli
2013: Hayden Ballantyne
2014: Lewis Jetta
2015: Jack Darling
2016: Kurt Tippett
2017: Josh Jenkins
2018: Steele Sidebottom
2019: Jeremy Finlayson
2020: Patrick Dangerfield
2021: Cody Weightman
2022: Gary Rohan
2023: Billy Frampton

The Leon always brings out the trolling, melting and schaudenfreude (sort of means gloating). Plus it's something supporters of all clubs can be involved in.

Post your predictions from now, post your nominations during the game, and we'll see who wins this most inglorious of awards. :$

Not a fan of McDonald calls - that should be reserved for Longmire winning the coach's version of the Leon by playing an injured forward again.

Leon's should be reserved for fit players. And Sydney had plenty of worthy players. Amartey, Papley, Heeney and Blakey.

For me it's Blakey for finally revealing to an oddly oblivious public that he is a complete liabilty on the biggest stage.

A lot to choose from, but Heeney for mine, chucked the toys out of the cot with 10 mins to go and sooked it up on the bench.
What a fraud of a player.
The Swans should send him to Norf and keep Parker.
Parker did nothing

I mentioned Parker’s name in the game gay thread as a Leon contender.

Nek minnut

At least he stayed on the ground and had a crack, Heeney on the other hand took the easy option and sat it out bawling on the bench.
Fraud.
He won't be smiling now

*Filmed on Croat Tiger's Huawei

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney stands out. Brilliant year but doesn't turn up to the bug dance.

14 disposals @ 42%
1 meaningless goal
Hides down in the rooms when he realises the inevitable.
So many of his turnovers went straight back for Lions goals too. Was terrible.

Late nom - that sad sack lions merch guy reminding all the players to shake the kids hand. It's much more fun when they **** it up.
We were saying that in my lounge room "that guys Job is to say give the hat to the kid"

I went Heeney.

Everyone excepted AFarty to be terrible and he was that is true.

Heeney is supposed to be a leader and as I’ve said already choose to run and hide on the bench for the last 10 minutes of the match, before that he kicked a goal to get Sydney back within 10 goals of the Bears and butchered the ball more than 50% of the 14 times he had it.
3 absolute fart in the shower stinkers on GF day now from him.

Blakey literally lost the game for them when the game was on the line. Was so bad in defense Longmire sent him into the forward line, where he kicked a point from straight in front in the last quarter. He was no good.

The Leon should give extra points for established players who play well below their standard. Armartey was awful, but he is kind of a fringe player. Blakey is supposed to be a generational talent, and he was a big reason why the game was over in the second quarter.

McLean lucky to avoid a nomination everytime he was in the ruck they walked it out of the middle, Jordan as well for being a tagger who shut down no one
media jacked off over him being the best all season but failed to have literally any influence on the game

hipwood should be taken out of this poll solely for that goal he kicked

besides he had more possessions than a third of the swans side
He competed as well. Contested the ball and brought it to ground, didnt do anything overtly stupid so thats fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Leon Davis Medal 2024 - discussion pre-game, then nominations, then voting...

Back