Leon Davis - The story..

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't want to play for the club because you see hard work on the horizon, **** right off and good riddance to you.

Rubbish interview.

I'm always suss when interviews need to be cut and edited with just the response.

Case in point:

Barrett: "So, if Mick was around, would you have signed on with the Pies with a contract similar to 2011?"
Lean: "Yeah fair to say I'd have hung around if Mick was still coaching as he was there from the start of my career, blah blah blah"

So the question implies something totally different. Instead, Leon's response backs up Barrett ridiculous claim that players don't want to play under Buckley, which is complete rubbish.

Play the full interview and he has no story.

It's a pattern I have realised with Damian. Next weeks big story will have an obvious response and we'll hear the questions being asked. He is a tosser.

Yeah, and Barrett stressing this is in response to my direct question would he be there if MM was.

Has said numerous times, nothing to see here.

Thanks again for the service to the club Leon, you provided much enjoyment for this supporter :thumbsu:

I think it was Brodie Holland during the week that said if Mick had of left the club 8 years ago, Leon would have gone back to WA 8 years ago. That's no issue, Mick showed more faith in Leon than anyone else ever did.

Leon was on good money in '10 and '11 after signing a 2yr contract after his AA season in '09... so he got approx $400k or more for a shocking 2010.

It would have been great for him to stay but in the end, if the pay cut offered to him was to keep the talented younger guys at the club then I'm happy with that.

Leon just answered those Q's honestly and didn't seem like he wanted to inflame anything... apparently he got paid a 5 figure sum for the interview, so well done to Leon for getting some cash from the parasites haha.

I'm guessing the whole interview was very tame so Barrent and 9 did some serious editing to try and make something out of it.

How about matty lloyd saying more or less he doesn't take much notice of what wayne carey says..ooohhh.I dont particularly like matty lloyd but that made my day.:D:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Damian Barrett is a flog! I thought Davis spoke well and DB tried to insinuate things that Leon never said! Get ****ed Barrett u loser.
I knew that after the Pendles Interbred that he is a Ambulance Chaser

Re: Leon Davis_The story..

Why even watch the Footy Show.

Barret will put words in Davis Mouth
That he did.
Barrett said Leon stated he would be their if Mick still was, Leon said he probably would but it was hard to say.
When Leon didnt give the answer he wanted re what he said after the grand final, Barrett said that he had heard Leon had said it to other people.
Barrett is a real piece of shit. The new Hutchy

I knew that after the Pendles Interbred that he is a Ambulance Chaser

interbred
past participle, past tense of in·ter·breed (Verb)
Verb:
(of an animal) Breed with another of a different race or species.
(of an animal) Inbreed.

Hmm.... :confused:

I think the point of the interview was because Eddie has been saying he didn't leave because of the money and if Mick was still at the club he still would have left. Davis contradicted both points or put doubt that would have happened as Eddie claimed.

Not sure what skeletons you expected him to come out with, Barrett and Eddie are just butting heads and Barrett knows Eddie likes to create his own version of reality so he just humiliating him in public by contradicting what he is claiming are the facts.

Eddie now can't keep saying Davis would have been gone irrespective of Mick and wasn't an issue of money without looking like a goose.

I think the point of the interview was because Eddie has been saying he didn't leave because of the money and if Mick was still at the club he still would have left. Davis contradicted both points or put doubt that would have happened as Eddie claimed.

Not sure what skeletons you expected him to come out with, Barrett and Eddie are just butting heads and Barrett knows Eddie likes to create his own version of reality so he just humiliating him in public by contradicting what he is claiming are the facts.

Eddie now can't keep saying Davis would have been gone irrespective of Mick and wasn't an issue of money without looking like a goose.

On ya bike youngster.

Ed needs to keep his mouth shut sometimes. This is similar to him saying Matlhouse lost the passion, was burnt out etc when that too clearly wasnt the case.

You got no idea brah.

Back to the Norf board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed needs to keep his mouth shut sometimes. This is similar to him saying Matlhouse lost the passion, was burnt out etc when that too clearly wasnt the case.

I really like Eddie, I am not a hater.

I just think sometimes he gets way too defensive when it comes to things about Collingwood and he makes things worse.

Like the comments Malthouse made about the gameplan and him attacking Malthouse. Bucks had no issue with anything Malthouse said but Eddie just made things worse getting ultra defensive.

Having mud slinging exchanges with other journos is not a good thing because when they sling back Collingwood Football Club becomes an unwanted victim. He needs to relax a bit and not get so wound up.

I really like Eddie, I am not a hater.

I just think sometimes he gets way too defensive when it comes to things about Collingwood and he makes things worse.

Like the comments Malthouse made about the gameplan and him attacking Malthouse. Bucks had no issue with anything Malthouse said but Eddie just made things worse getting ultra defensive.

Having mud slinging exchanges with other journos is not a good thing because when they sling back Collingwood Football Club becomes an unwanted victim. He needs to relax a bit and not get so wound up.

Ok Tas, any of us who has a missus will appreciate the following. Women have a knack of taking little potshots at ya, most of which you just laugh off. Over time, they get cocky and take a few more, more often. At some time it comes to a point where she may say something small, a tiny criticism and then BOOOOOM, you let loose and give her a spray. Yeah it may be an overreaction but enough is enough.

MM took a shot at Eddie in his GF victory speech. Needless and classless. What was a good speech about the Collingwood faithful is now remembered as a swipe at the plan. His behavior in 2011 was no better. As for Barrett, he's a germ, Eddie knows it and so do other journo's. Look at the way the Davis interview was presented tonight, with no mention of the full interview on Sunday's footy show.

People potted Ed about his comments after Melbourne attempted to poach a recruiter. All he was saying is that if it is open slather on our football department, let's open up the field and include sponsors as well. We all know who would win that war.

Passion does funny things to people but I'd rather have an openly aggressive president who stands by his club, mouths off, gets people to hate us more but still rakes in the cash.

You don't want to play for the club because you see hard work on the horizon, **** right off and good riddance to you.

However, has the work been so hard it has cruelled a few bodies?

A group of players according to Damien supposedly went to Eddie to request that Malthouse stay longer. Anyone have a problem with that?

A group of players according to Damien supposedly went to Eddie to request that Malthouse stay longer. Anyone have a problem with that?

In his snakey fashion, Barrett is simply regurgitating old vomit and presenting it as dinner. Some players wanted Mick to stay on at the club as a director of coaching. He bailed out, cest la vie.

If any player is deeply affected by this, they need to build a bridge and get over it, or jump off it.

It's not about to change by having a sook. Get with the program or get on the bus.

In his snakey fashion, Barrett is simply regurgitating old vomit and presenting it as dinner. Some players wanted Mick to stay on at the club as a director of coaching. He bailed out, cest la vie.

If any player is deeply affected by this, they need to build a bridge and get over it, or jump off it.

It's not about to change by having a sook. Get with the program or get on the bus.

+1 :thumbsu:

My thoughts exactly. Change is inevitable.

100% correct mate and then the pricks coming up with anything and everything which puts Buckley or the club in a bad light f------ treacherous bastards.

The more this season goes on the gladder I am that Buckley is our new coach,it will never be as hard as it is right now for Buckley and he looks great as a 1st season coach.

Am I missing something because I'm sure Leon said last night he can't remember what happened after the GF last year yet Barrett comes to the conclusion that Eddies lying :confused:

So he bascially put words into Leons mouth when Leon said no such thing.

Barrett is a parasite. And his little dig at Eddie I also didn't like. Sammy Newman summed it up perfectly when he said to Damian if he expected Ed to interview himself on his own show. Sam was hilarious after that :D :D

I'd reckon Barretts day on the footy show may be numbered. Ed might not be there anymore but obviously he and Sam are very close mates and Sam has all the pull on that show.

He really is a pathetic Journalist and twisted that story to hell. Davis may have stayed, but he may not. He left for quite a few reasons and maybe he might have stayed maybe he might not have. But I have said this before no 1 man is bigger then the club, if you didnt want to stay then thanks for the service and memories Leon enjoy your retirement from AFL football.

Are you sure you are a Pies supporter? You seem more like someone who just put Collingwood as their team so they can troll our boards without getting carded.

I've always been a big supporter of Leon while he was playing with the club. I certainly have no problem with his vague assessment about being willing to stay with the club, if Mick had stayed. It's probably a fair assessment.

I also believe that we'd be playing a little better now, if Leon had been playing over the last 3 weeks. His kicking from defence was fantastic last year...

However, I think it would also be fair to say that Leon needs to realise that Mick wasn't the only person who supported him over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis - The story..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back