Lets stick it right up em!

Remove this Banner Ad

ctrain07

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2007
Glen Waverley
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have been reading several threads on the Geelong board and apparently its already a Hawks vs Cats GF. Also apparently it was a good decision to rest Chapman until the GF, god I hop be belt them on Friday night and then we will see who is laughing. The game is still 48 hours away and anything can happen. The dogs in my opinion have a bloody good chance to knock the cats off. But i'm not gonna get to ahead of my self, also a few cats supporters are already asking when the GF tickets go on sale, please dogs LETS STICK IT RIGHT UP EM! Especially to Scarlett!

Yeah, it's bloody pathetic. The media has had a Cats v Hawks GF locked in for weeks, and you get the feeling they would rather go on holidays than have to report on a Dogs v Saints GF.

No respect for us whatsoever.

GO DOGGIES....

Agree, but they do have every right to be confident, 21 out of 22 aint that bad, plus stick in their first final for good measure.
They have everything to lose and we have NOTHING to lose, no expectation on the dogs at all, everyone around us expects us to be belted.
I think this one might turn out to be a cracking final and a little closer than most people think..... We all live in hope and would love nothing more than to shove it up those catters! Cheers :thumbsu:

I understand your frustration, but I really don't think it's an issue of lack of respect for the Dogs.

The fact is you're playing a side that has lost one game all year, so the obvious expectation is that Geelong will win. Pretty understandable. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

Personally I don't count any game as a lock. I've seen too much heartache to pencil anything in (I'm sure you guys know what I mean). Particularly when playing a genuinely great side like the Bulldogs.

Sure, I really do think that we will win, and I really do think we are the better side; but you never know who will be switched-on on the night.

Lets hope it's a good game (...but not too good. I'm not sure my nerves could take it.:eek:)

They have everything to lose and we have NOTHING to lose, no expectation on the dogs at all, everyone around us expects us to be belted.

That is such bollocks. You have exactly as much to lose as we do - a spot in the GF.

Its not as if you are in this position every year - this might be your one chance for the next decade for all you know.

I understand your frustration, but I really don't think it's an issue of lack of respect for the Dogs.

The fact is you're playing a side that has lost one game all year, so the obvious expectation is that Geelong will win. Pretty understandable. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

Personally I don't count any game as a lock. I've seen too much heartache to pencil anything in (I'm sure you guys know what I mean). Particularly when playing a genuinely great side like the Bulldogs.

Sure, I really do think that we will win, and I really do think we are the better side; but you never know who will be switched-on on the night.

Lets hope it's a good game (...but not too good. I'm not sure my nerves could take it.:eek:)

If only more supporters like you that go for Geelong. I agree with everything you said. I thing the cats do have a right to be favorites but for people to already be asking when the Grand FInal tickets go on sale is just rediculous. You guys on paper look the btter side but where just lucky that matches are not played on paper. I think we have a good chance but obviously it will be bloody hard. Geelong is not unbeatable and on our day we can just about beat anyone.

The Cats rested Chapman to allow him to prepare for the GF - that gives as clear an indcation as any of their way of thinking.

I have never been so fired up for a match in my life.

The Cats rested Chapman to allow him to prepare for the GF - that gives as clear an indcation as any of their way of thinking.

I have never been so fired up for a match in my life.
He isnt being rested - He is no where near fit. He has been 70% pretty much all year and his hammy has been on the verge of twanging twice this year.. Once was last wek. No point playing him if its pretty much certain he will only make it to half time.

He isnt being rested - He is no where near fit. He has been 70% pretty much all year and his hammy has been on the verge of twanging twice this year.. Once was last wek. No point playing him if its pretty much certain he will only make it to half time.

Sorry, Boyfriend of Playfair,

If it was a grand final: Chapman would be playing!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick right up us because of what we are saying on our board? Why not because of how we beat you last time or just because its a Preliminary Final.

Bring it on. Its a Prelim , you are deserving to be in it ,so are we. To the winner go the spoils and if you are good enough you get a chance to do what we did last year. This is not home and away , its for the right to play for all the marbles.Its for the right to call your club a successful club. Don't for a second think you have nothing to lose and if your good enough to beat us , good luck to you. I rather you guys get what we got last year than give those Hawks another cup after all their success in the 70's thru to 90's

In other words don't just play to stick it up us. Play to win for yourselves. For all the long suffering Dog supporters and your club thats often been looked down upon. Surely this a far more important and worthy goal. I'm confident we can win but we have played around 9 or so finals in the last 4 years , we are experienced and I now expect to win. Just as you would or will in a year or two.

Bring your A game , we'll bring ours and lets see what happens. See you Fri.

Stick right up us because of what we are saying on our board? Why not because of how we beat you last time or just because its a Preliminary Final.

Bring it on. Its a Prelim , you are deserving to be in it ,so are we. To the winner go the spoils and if you are good enough you get a chance to do what we did last year. This is not home and away , its for the right to play for all the marbles.Its for the right to call your club a successful club. Don't for a second think you have nothing to lose and if your good enough to beat us , good luck to you. I rather you guys get what we got last year than give those Hawks another cup after all their success in the 70's thru to 90's

In other words don't just play to stick it up us. Play to win for yourselves. For all the long suffering Dog supporters and your club thats often been looked down upon. Surely this a far more important and worthy goal. I'm confident we can win but we have played around 9 or so finals in the last 4 years , we are experienced and I now expect to win. Just as you would or will in a year or two.

Bring your A game , we'll bring ours and lets see what happens. See you Fri.

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

When you get nice Geelong supporters I can rememer how pleased I was for them last year when they finally broke their drought. When you get the ones (usually bandwagon jumpers) that behave so arrogantly and disrespectfully, I forget all that and hope they never win another premiership ever.

If and when we win a premiership, don't ever behave like those dolts.:mad:

There are probably other threads saying this but since I contributed above I thought I come back here.

In all sincerity , I thought you guys were fantastic last night. You out played us and although you didn't stick it right up us you give us a hell of match.
Now I know it probably means little. I have tasted the bitter tang of finals defeat , when your clubs seems to always find a way not to win.To waste hard earned chances. It hurts, People who follow Essendon and Carlton thing think 10 years with out a flag is a drought , what the hell would they know. Dogs , Dees , Saints and untill last year, us , know what a drought is and when another year has gone it feels like its never going to rain. Have Faith, it will rain.

For mine the game was sort of like us in 2004. We played Brisbane , the 3 times Premier and propably should have beaten them but just couldn't put them away. It was this game that made us get Ottens but it was also the finals of 2004 and 2005 that set us up in 2007. For mine that was basically the difference last night , we were just a slightly more experinced side. I came away thinking the Bullies should be very close in 2009 or 2010. Add a couple guys and put extra maturity into your quality kids and you will get there .

You are not far away , guys all the best for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back