Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/112391/Levi-GREENWOOD

His rise in 2014 seemed to come off what was only a reasonable 2013. But if you look at his middle and finish to 2014 that's certainly worth a big contract and from a trade point of view worth an early second round at least if not more.

Very nice fit for the Pies. Not the end of the world for the Roos but they'll need to find another reliable midfielder particularly one with defensive game. Dumont and Garner should be ready to play but need to play at a high standard.

No, but don't North have too many inside midfielders?

Andrew Swallow would of beaten Greenwood by about 50 votes if he had of played the whole season, ditto Daniel Wells.
will be very reliant on those two players playing a full season now. Was this Swallow's first season out with extended injury issues?

What was Jobe's worth at the same age? He had just had his 1st good year.

2009 - 22 games - 543 disposals, 10 goals - JW
2014 - 22 games - 550 disposals, 16 goals - LG.

I'm surprised Essendon fans didn't call you out on this, but Watson turned 25 in 2010. 21 games - 572 disposals, 10 goals.

His previous season are also significantly better than Greenwood's previous seasons.
Essendon B&F results
2006 - 2nd
2007 - 10th
2008 - 4th
2009 - 1st

We could have easily afforded to give him $400k a year, but once you start overpaying your fringe players what message does that give everyone else? It is only a matter of time until everyone else comes with hand outstretched.

strange decision to pay a fringe player from another club (Higgins) more than a place getter in your BNF.

I'm surprised Essendon fans didn't call you out on this, but Watson turned 25 in 2010. 21 games - 572 disposals, 10 goals.

His previous season are also significantly better than Greenwood's previous seasons.
Essendon B&F results
2006 - 2nd
2007 - 10th
2008 - 4th
2009 - 1st
Agree - took a while for him to get to the same level at the same age. It's like comparing Barlow stats when he was 20. Not that relevant he started behind a lot of players. It's where he is now.

strange decision to pay a fringe player from another club (Higgins) more than a place getter in your BNF.

This isn't my opinion, but the club feels Higgins is a need to fill a void across half-forward, restricted free agents cost a premium as well.

He had a great year, but our B&F is one which favours consistent players rather than the best players, Carey only won our B&F i think 3 times or something like that, it isn't a reflection of the best talent in the side.

4 x 400k means the Pies must rate him.

Bemused at people trolling saying it's a disgrace he's left, and will leave a massive hole, but will then say in the same breath we should accept an average shit pick.

I've been saying since his name started getting floated around about the North people rating him as a top pick if traded, but only worth a small/cheap contract offer. It goes both ways.

I've been saying since his name started getting floated around about the North people rating him as a top pick if traded, but only worth a small/cheap contract offer. It goes both ways.

I think the general consensus is that his improved contract was reasonable considering the circumstances, not sure where you've pulled 'small/cheap' from. Otherwise would have agreed with you.

I think the general consensus is that his improved contract was reasonable considering the circumstances, not sure where you've pulled 'small/cheap' from. Otherwise would have agreed with you.

Even 3*350 (~1/30th of salary cap) is pretty low for a guy North supporters insisted was clearly worthy of a first round pick (and steak knives in some cases).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see this as being a problem for North. They've got plenty of his type of midfielder running around. Losing him and adding in Higgins and perhaps Varcoe (I hope not) will leave them with a much better balanced list.

Better ball users is crucial. The Hawks are the bench mark and we are miles behind them. Greenwood for Higgins reduces this margin.

Better ball users is crucial. The Hawks are the bench mark and we are miles behind them. Greenwood for Higgins reduces this margin.

IMO what they lose in grunt, North have gained in disposal skills. Assuming your remaining mids can pick up the ball-winning gap with Greenwood's departure (Cunnington, Bastinac etc should cover that), then the loss of Levi won't be critical.

We have the same need for good disposal skills (most teams do) but with the loss of Beams and Ball, we have a bigger need for ball extractors to support Pendlebury etc. Pendles needs to be on the outside of packs, not at the bottom of them.

Its clear North would've preferred to keep Greenwood but I don't think he's a huge loss for you

IMO what they lose in grunt, North have gained in disposal skills. Assuming your remaining mids can pick up the ball-winning gap with Greenwood's departure (Cunnington, Bastinac etc should cover that), then the loss of Levi won't be critical.

We have the same need for good disposal skills (most teams do) but with the loss of Beams and Ball, we have a bigger need for ball extractors to support Pendlebury etc. Pendles needs to be on the outside of packs, not at the bottom of them.

Its clear North would've preferred to keep Greenwood but I don't think he's a huge loss for you
Just because his value is less to us it doesn't mean that a club that is desperate for this type of player is in it's right to expect him for peanuts.

You want the moon for Beams but expect peanuts going the other way, sounds like typical club supporters.

Agree - took a while for him to get to the same level at the same age. It's like comparing Barlow stats when he was 20. Not that relevant he started behind a lot of players. It's where he is now.
Yeah but comparing players of the same age isn't that helpful at all either. Just compare Melksham and Greenwood at the same age. Pointless we all know that Levi is the better player even if the stats aren't in agreement.

Pickers also spoke on SEN tonight and said Collingwood had offered him four years and he was happy with that and now it's just down to North and the pies to come to an agreement.

We finished in the top 4. Not so sure we panic anymore. Greenwood is covered by swallow getting back to full fitness. Most are going the
other ways at the pies. Greenwood will
find out why next year.

Yeah yeah whatever looking forward to Greenwood having a 30+ posi game against you next year. Pies will finish
above your lot

Yeah yeah whatever looking forward to Greenwood having a 30+ posi game against you next year. Pies will finish
above your lot
As long as they are 30 kicks we are golden.

Pies are rated equal 9th with the Suns going into next year - the Roos 5th.

But the off season is where hope over rides reality.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/112391/Levi-GREENWOOD

His rise in 2014 seemed to come off what was only a reasonable 2013. But if you look at his middle and finish to 2014 that's certainly worth a big contract and from a trade point of view worth an early second round at least if not more.

Very nice fit for the Pies. Not the end of the world for the Roos but they'll need to find another reliable midfielder particularly one with defensive game. Dumont and Garner should be ready to play but need to play at a high standard.

Levi doesn't have a defensive bone in his body. You might be thinking of someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back