Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair to Greenwood he spent a lot of time dominating at VFL level before Scott decided to play him. My mate is a North supporter and use to always scream when Levi never got a game!

Now look what happened when he got regular game time?? He broke out and offers leadership in the middle which North lack, Boomer is not going to go around for ever and Greenwood is worth more than Waite and Higgins combined when you assess the North midfield and the hole he will leave going off this seasons form.

North will rue this loss for years i reckon after he was forced out.

Trent Dumonts rookie year in the VFL is as good as anything Levi has done in there.

Trent Dumonts rookie year in the VFL is as good as anything Levi has done in there.

That i can't comment on as i have never heard of this bloke.

That i can't comment on as i have never heard of this bloke.

He's the ready made replacement on about $80k a year.

Pretty relevant to the big picture I would of thought.

He's the ready made replacement on about $80k a year.

Pretty relevant to the big picture I would of thought.

So he is a lock for a Top 5 B&F finish then i suppose , let alone top 2.

Remind when Supercoach comes around next season to take him as a rookie!

So he is a lock for a Top 5 B&F finish then i suppose , let alone top 2.

Remind when Supercoach comes around next season to take him as a rookie!

No, but don't North have too many inside midfielders?

Andrew Swallow would of beaten Greenwood by about 50 votes if he had of played the whole season, ditto Daniel Wells.

No, but don't North have too many inside midfielders?

Andrew Swallow would of beaten Greenwood by about 50 votes if he had of played the whole season, ditto Daniel Wells.

None of them show natural leadership though and Wells is NOT an inside tough Mid. This issue has been a killer for you lately when games are on the line as everyone panics looking for someone else to lead the way.

Greenwood was starting to fit this role nicely and now he is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was North's offer?

Seems odd that they would offer Higgins 400 and not Greenwood after the season he had.

I have no idea but Higgins no doubt got his money.

600k is a bit rich.

$400k over 4 years?! Surely North could have matched that. I read hear somewhere that North offered him $280k over 2 years earlier this year, then had upped his contract on his weekend. $120k and 2 years doesn't sound like much of a cap squeeze.

I'm wondering if Collingwood have front-loaded his contract. $600k in the first season perhaps...

absolutely gutted, one of my favourite north player this season. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

without a doubt one of our top 5 players this season, honestly dont think we would have beat bombers in finals without levi. His 2 way running is second to none, can tag, gets in goal scoring positions, tackling machine.

To be fair to Greenwood he spent a lot of time dominating at VFL level before Scott decided to play him. My mate is a North supporter and use to always scream when Levi never got a game!

Not really, he played 12 VFL games last year, he was inconsistent, he would have some good games and then he would have some poor games and the club was looking for consistency from him. His ball use was also quite poor, half the games last year his ineffective kicks outnumbered his effective kicks. He improved on that area this year but is still prone to falling back into bad kicking habits. It is brutal at AFL level when you turn the ball over by foot, not so much in the VFL.

Now look what happened when he got regular game time?? He broke out and offers leadership in the middle which North lack, Boomer is not going to go around for ever and Greenwood is worth more than Waite and Higgins combined when you assess the North midfield and the hole he will leave going off this seasons form.

The problem is he is the fourth string inside midfielder to us; Swallow and Cunnington are our primary inside mids and Ziebell rotates through there as well. He was never going to have the value for us that he would at a club that is pretty much devoid of any in and under midfielders.

North will rue this loss for years i reckon after he was forced out.

You can't pay each player based on the maximum amount any club would be willing to pay them, should we pay Black $600k because Freo are desperate? He isn't worth it. Should we pay Goldstein $1m because he is worth all of Hawthorn's combined ruck stock? If you pay a premium for all your players you will end up with a pretty average team. When Collingwood starting meeting the demands of Cloke, Swan, Pendlebury, etc they started to lose players all over the park because they couldn't afford to give fair and reasonable salaries to everyone.

We could have easily afforded to give him $400k a year, but once you start overpaying your fringe players what message does that give everyone else? It is only a matter of time until everyone else comes with hand outstretched.

All of our players wanted the club to chase free agents, they know it costs a premium to get restricted free agents, the inclusions of Waite and Higgins were irrelevant. We easily had the capacity to match Collingwood's offer, the problem is he would still never push past Swallow or Cunnington, he got the opportunity he did due to a lot of midfield injuries. If I was him I would have taken the same deal irrespective if North matched the offer, he has a much better opportunity of being a key midfielder for Collingwood, a few bad weeks at us and he would be back in the VFL.

Surprised North let him go so easily after watching him turn the elimination in the third quarter after the likes of Cunnington and Swallow had been smashed in the first half.

None of them show natural leadership though and Wells is NOT an inside tough Mid. This issue has been a killer for you lately when games are on the line as everyone panics looking for someone else to lead the way.

Greenwood was starting to fit this role nicely and now he is gone.
We finished in the top 4. Not so sure we panic anymore. Greenwood is covered by swallow getting back to full fitness. Most are going the other ways at the pies. Greenwood will find out why next year.

absolutely gutted, one of my favourite north player this season. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

without a doubt one of our top 5 players this season, honestly dont think we would have beat bombers in finals without levi. His 2 way running is second to none, can tag, gets in goal scoring positions, tackling machine.

He was superb against us in that final, The best of Levi is most definitely in front of him.

Roos making a big mistake here.

Is that how cheap the Syd Barker medal is? This Levi Greenwood sounds like a dud.

If he is very replaceable he isn't worth much then.

4 x 400k means the Pies must rate him.

Bemused at people trolling saying it's a disgrace he's left, and will leave a massive hole, but will then say in the same breath we should accept an average shit pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back