Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Just so so wrong. HMac was barely playing, on a massive contract and had clearly fallen well behind Goldy as prefered ruck option.

North took a 2nd to get the deal done on the proviso Geel took the entire remaining contract of HMac.

Levi has had a good year, played well in finals and had a good B&F finish. Unfortunately he is one of many of that type at North. So a fair offer was put to him.

If the Pies want to step in with an over the top offer, which they are entitled to do, it would be irresponsible of North to put 1 player ahead of the club.

None of this diminishes what North think of Levi, nor does it diminish his trade value. The desperate need to replace Ball and Beams weakens the Pies position, compounded with the interest from the Bullies and Tigers, not to mention North is more than happy for him to stay.

Levi is welcome to nominate a preferred club, but thats no final destination if a deal cant be reached. Losing Beams, Lamumba, Ball, Maxwell has the Pies on the cusp of a great slide and further tarnish to Bucks ego.

20% of your best 22 has left, is it worth the squabble over an upgraded pick here and there to fill 1 of the vacancies?
Good post until u decided to take a swipe at Collingwood ;)

Good post until u decided to take a swipe at Collingwood ;)

Was not intended as a swipe, just saying the Pies could come out of things in a decent position or try for the cheap option and risk a lot.

If we were talking a mid to high 1st or some massive overs id understand the reluctance, but i dont think thats going to be the case.

One thing we agree on very much is this is all BF speculation, what clubs are thinking may be very different.

Was not intended as a swipe, just saying the Pies could come out of things in a decent position or try for the cheap option and risk a lot.

If we were talking a mid to high 1st or some massive overs id understand the reluctance, but i dont think thats going to be the case.

One thing we agree on very much is this is all BF speculation, what clubs are thinking may be very different.
We don't have a late first round pick to satisfy ur condition. Best we can do without sending a player such as Thomas would be second rounder. I doubt player like thomas would appeal to u guys

We don't have a late first round pick to satisfy ur condition. Best we can do without sending a player such as Thomas would be second rounder. I doubt player like thomas would appeal to u guys

A few decent ideas around

Bris get beams
Pies get Greenwood, Bris 1st, North 3rd
North get Coll 2nd, Bris 2nd

----------------------------------

Bris get Beams
GWS get Patful
Coll get 4, Greenwood
North get JOR

A few decent ideas around

Bris get beams
Pies get Greenwood, Bris 1st, North 3rd
North get Coll 2nd, Bris 2nd

----------------------------------

Bris get Beams
GWS get Patful
Coll get 4, Greenwood
North get JOR
I like it but don't know if Gws will part with JOR for Patful and a second rounder, it's plausible though. Good trade overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the right player to build a list around tbh, North stick by him has one breakout year and leaves for more $$$

To be fair to Greenwood he spent a lot of time dominating at VFL level before Scott decided to play him. My mate is a North supporter and use to always scream when Levi never got a game!

Now look what happened when he got regular game time?? He broke out and offers leadership in the middle which North lack, Boomer is not going to go around for ever and Greenwood is worth more than Waite and Higgins combined when you assess the North midfield and the hole he will leave going off this seasons form.

North will rue this loss for years i reckon after he was forced out.

It's a fabric killer for North.
I wonder how popular Waite and Higgins will be now?
They have forced out a highly popular player.

Thats what I've heard the offer was, hence why I don't think the Roos did bad by not matching it and choosing to not try keep him, is paying overs.
Collingwood losing Ball and Beams need to use the salary cap, so contract is likely to be front loaded too.

600k is a bit rich.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back