Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

What I am saying is that Robbie's currency is a lot higher than Levi. That's my view, i'd be confident that most of the footy public would back that view unless you are from Arden St.

I obviously agree with the bolded part, sorry if I came off as suggesting otherwise. Gray would command a top 5 pick, Levi in a fair market would command at-least a top 15 pick.

I obviously agree with the bolded part, sorry if I came off as suggesting otherwise. Gray would command a top 5 pick, Levi in a fair market would command at-least a top 15 pick.
No he won't.

Second round pick for one of the top players in a team that made a prelim?

Yeah, sounds fair...

1st round pick for one of the top players in a team that finished 11th.

Hope we tell the Pies where to go.

What's Ryder worth then?

Clueless.
Who says we can't match their offer? Perhaps we just don't think he's worth the overs that a rival club cashed up and desperate for midfielders wants to pay him.
If you didn't pickup Waite and Missy Higgins you wouldn't be in this situation

North have the cash to bring in Waite and Higgins, but not enough to keep Greenwood. Strange days.

They have the cash, they are making a conscious decision on his worth to them, Roos are not short on inside mids (and with Swallow to play a full season that will go a long way to limiting the impact of losing Greenwood), whilst Collingwood are losing 2 mids in Ball and Beams would play a similar role and likely to value him much higher.

You cant have it both ways, either the contract you are offering him is fair, paying more would be overs, and he is worth a 2nd rounder.

Or you are offering way unders and he is worth a 1st rounder.

If he has been low balled he should get more. I want him to stay, he is young and coming off a great season including strong finals performances.

A pick in the 20's is not fair value.

Worth 10-15 at a minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Ryder worth then?

Unsure why you are asking, but you guys look to be in the exact same boat of getting shafted by the unfair culture of players demanding where they get traded to, eliminating any chance the club has of getting a fair deal. He'd be worth at-least pick 10 to Port Adelaide, perhaps even more. Fills one of their biggest needs and has an underrated impact on games, made me scared a few times as a North supporter.

If he has been low balled he should get more. I want him to stay, he is young and coming off a great season including strong finals performances.

Nathan Foley is worth a first rounder then based on his 2008 season

A pick in the 20's might not be perfectly fair, but pick 10-15 is nonsense, that's the sort of range I'd have Hannebery in.
15 - 25 would be about the range, keeping in mind he is un-contracted and can pretty much walk.

Its pretty widely accepted he has been low balled, and gotten better offers elsewhere, obviously this whole thing goes away if North pay him what he is worth on the open market and he re-signs, but if he chooses to leave, holding out for a first round pick is foolish.

A pick in the 20's might not be perfectly fair, but pick 10-15 is nonsense, that's the sort of range I'd have Hannebery in.
15 - 25 would be about the range, keeping in mind he is un-contracted and can pretty much walk.

Its pretty widely accepted he has been low balled, and gotten better offers elsewhere, obviously this whole thing goes away if North pay him what he is worth on the open market and he re-signs, but if he chooses to leave, holding out for a first round pick is foolish.

:confused: Sydney trading Hannebery for a pick in the 10-15 range would be the worst decision made in the history of all sport.

Thank heavens for Sydney you aren't their list manager.

We have pick 15 - you would be happy to give up Hannebery for this pick?

SOLD, we will take him for 16 :)

New rumor Hanneberry to North

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back