Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Doubt we would ever get value that allgins with how he is rated within the club and on our board. Would really prefer if he stayed with us but if he goes I'm sure we would wish him well. He's a real heart and soul type player who embodies the "Fight and fight and won" lyrics of our theme song.

A pick somewhere around 17-20 I think would be that sweet spot where we could say we did okay and the other club would feel like they overpaid a little.

Doubt we would ever get value that allgins with how he is rated within the club and on our board. Would really prefer if he stayed with us but if he goes I'm sure we would wish him well. He's a real heart and soul type player who embodies the "Fight and fight and won" lyrics of our theme song.

A pick somewhere around 17-20 I think would be that sweet spot where we could say we did okay and the other club would feel like they overpaid a little.
What is his best position? in the few games ive watched he seems to play just about everywhere

What is his best position? in the few games ive watched he seems to play just about everywhere
He has played his best footy at half back but has also spent time forward and in the middle. Can't play Short, Rioli, Vlastuin and Baker in the backline though.

Word is he is training as a pure midfielder this pre season which will be his first in the role. Hoping for a Laird type impact.

He has played his best footy at half back but has also spent time forward and in the middle. Can't play Short, Rioli, Vlastuin and Baker in the backline though.

Word is he is training as a pure midfielder this pre season which will be his first in the role. Hoping for a Laird type impact.
I think you will get a laird level of impact if he can get enough minutes in the midfield

He's the type of player every clubs supporters would love, the guys that give 100% effort and are courageous as they come.

If he requests a trade we're in a bit of a pickle because of course those requests get honoured these days.
Anything less than a first and the buyer has made out like bandits with what they'll get back.

Would really hope he stays.

He's the type of player every clubs supporters would love, the guys that give 100% effort and are courageous as they come.

If he requests a trade we're in a bit of a pickle because of course those requests get honoured these days.
Anything less than a first and the buyer has made out like bandits with what they'll get back.

Would really hope he stays.

100%

While everyone goes on about English, just quietly I hope we're planning to snatch a Baker.

100%

While everyone goes on about English, just quietly I hope we're planning to snatch a Baker.
And our problem with that is the Eagles first rounder would be too much for Baker, and your second after compo/academy picks would probably be not enough for us.

We'd probably be forced to accept unders.

And our problem with that is the Eagles first rounder would be too much for Baker, and your second after compo/academy picks would probably be not enough for us.

We'd probably be forced to accept unders.

With where we're at we're likely only into him for unders.

You can see from recent recruits J.Jones, Hunt, Flynn, Brockman that we're trying to moneyball it (in terms of draft capital spent).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17-20. Holy cow, farkin sooold bro.

Gotta be close to the toughest nugget in the comp. Good decision maker too but seems to have lost a bit of the magic he had when his teammates were better.
I think they're using him to plug holes as a small forward atm, when in reality his best spot is down back where he is elite at mopping up the ground ball.

Well, you don’t have too.
You can always swim around in no man’s land for years, or you can get stuck into building your next contending team.
Of course, that will require draft picks … the kind of picks that were gifted to GWS recently.
Knowing where your list is at is crucial for all clubs …

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back