Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Can't believe the incredibly loyal tigers players who are going to make their new club bend over due to their love of Richmond made it clear they don't give a **** about Richmond.

Tiger fans assured me they would always look out for Richmond. :(

Can't believe the incredibly loyal tigers players who are going to make their new club bend over due to their love of Richmond made it clear they don't give a **** about Richmond.

"And as a tribute to our departing players, each player will do a lap of honour around the building to our tribute song"

Strange rant, literally nothing has actually changed.

Checking Are You Ok GIF by First We Feast

So the departing players are still prioritising Richmond's needs over their new club?
Well literally nothing has been reported to the contrary has it? Just some wild imaginations in here.

What gets the deal done ? 23?
F2. Richmond will have a ton of picks in this year's draft and we will want to hold onto our hand as well. Maybe Hawks' F1 for Baker + something if we 1) get the Hawks' F1 for Barrass and 2) we have targets wherever the pick that comes back with Baker is likely to land.

F2. Richmond will have a ton of picks in this year's draft and we will want to hold onto our hand as well. Maybe Hawks' F1 for Baker + something if we 1) get the Hawks' F1 for Barrass and 2) we have targets wherever the pick that comes back with Baker is likely to land.
I, for one, would be more than happy with the Hawks F1, suits our needs perfectly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 1 question for you.

1) Did you think his comments were directed at Nathan Broad specifically?

Or

2) Did you think his comments were indirectly aimed at everyone looking to leave?

1 or 2
Or neither.

If you knew anything about the players leaving it's actually pretty obvious. But you take it how you like.

• he's not swiping at Baker. Baker fulfilled his contract, and the club knew a fair way out this was happening
  • he's not swiping at Bolton, there are legitimate family reasons that we won't discuss here as to why he wants home, but Bolton will also return if the right deal isn't struck
  • he's not swiping at Graham. They told Fridge to explore his options and only gave him an improved offer when it became obvious Bolton and Rioli wanted out

Who does that leave? Hmmmmm. Now work out why.

What gets the deal done ? 23?
Probably WCE management is receiving so much heat from it fans and members about pick 13 for Baker
I think Freo preparing to offer pick 10 made it seem feasible at the time
But the longer this goes on common sense will hopefully prevail
We paid pick 28 for a Elliot Yeo, Baker is not Elliot Yeo
I honestly rate him a pick 30

Probably WCE management is receiving so much heat from it fans and members about pick 13 for Baker
I think Freo preparing to offer pick 10 made it seem feasible at the time
But the longer this goes on common sense will hopefully prevail
We paid pick 28 for a Elliot Yeo, Baker is not Elliot Yeo
I honestly rate him a pick 30
Elliot Yeo was not AA Premiership player Elliot Yeo when you picked him up. You can't compare Baker's value with a second year player.

Having said that, Baker is a great role player but not a player you build your side around. Put him in a bottom team and his value diminishes. To me, he is worth a late 1st/2nd rounder.

Or neither.

If you knew anything about the players leaving it's actually pretty obvious. But you take it how you like.

• he's not swiping at Baker. Baker fulfilled his contract, and the club knew a fair way out this was happening
  • he's not swiping at Bolton, there are legitimate family reasons that we won't discuss here as to why he wants home, but Bolton will also return if the right deal isn't struck
  • he's not swiping at Graham. They told Fridge to explore his options and only gave him an improved offer when it became obvious Bolton and Rioli wanted out

Who does that leave? Hmmmmm. Now work out why.
It's poor form to use a platform like this to have a dig.

It's poor form to use a platform like this to have a dig.
He didn't have a dig. He praised the player staying.

Unlike St Kilda all players were invited, even with the club knowing they were gone. They all turned up. They didn't expect a ticker tape parade did they?

He didn't have a dig. He praised the player staying.

Unlike St Kilda all players were invited, even with the club knowing they were gone. They all turned up. They didn't expect a ticker tape parade did they?
Everyone else that's got any interest in footy be it media or other clubs supporters saw it differently to some richmond fans on here I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back