Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Freo are a minnow club perhaps
Nope .... far from it.

Like The tigers, The dockers fan base has a bigger home crowd average over the likes of Gold coast, GWS and North, By a small margin of 50 fans a week. lol

We also are not Like your North Melbourne mates and claimed we saved the AFL from being broke by playing home games at Docklands. lol

So by this reasoning, a couple of great games and he could be worth pick 3???

Cant have it both ways, although we know you'll try :heart:

Tigers Demanding pick 3 from west coast or even making west coast spilt pick 3 into a couple of mid 1st rounders like pick 11 and 12 is like the crows back in 2020 when they hoped Matt Crouch was gonna be pick 3 as a compo pick when he left as a free agent.

Turned out the crows got like an early 2nd rounder which was pick 21 or around there.

What year is it now? What year is next season?

2020 and 2022 is history. This season has seen a big drop off. And as others have posted form in a contract year is what counts if you want top dollar at the trade table for an uncontracted 26 year old.

Shoe was on the other foot you would be singing a different tune. And you know it.
This is the Key fact you mentioned.... Liam Baker is Uncontracted. Had baker been contracted for another season, Tigers would have all the cards.

I wish Baker was in his 8th season and a free agent. The deal would be done easier. You know that too.

I’m hoping that Freo get the right trade with Tigers for Bolton to water down the drama on Baker. Surely Bolton makes more sense for the Purples! Bolton would make a greater improvement at Freo and I’m thinking Freo offer up pick 2 (a deal with West Coast for 2 in exchange for 7 and 14 say). If that doesn’t float, then Freo go for the Eagles F1 with 2 x R1 this year to load up for Warner.

While I love the way Baker plays, as many have commented earlier, a split of 2 would only make sense if we get a pick inside 10 and an early teens pick. Besides, Duggan offers much the same as Baker. Neither will be on a list next time the Eagles go deep into September

I would hope neither WA club gives up a R1 pick for Baker as he doesn’t justify it. I would expect Duggan warrants the same currency and it’s an early R2. Sadly John Ralph the Tigers fan boy is trying to get more Black and yellow clicks.

Lose Bolton and Baker and Tigers get back 2 and 22. If they want more picks, then Rioli to Suns. Tigers take 1, 2, 8, 21 and 22 to the draft. Perfect start for the rebuild. And I’d say a very good draft to be holding those picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. Baker's form has dropped off so much its highly unlikely WC's second rounder would be on the table now. Good news for you. Richmond will rate him higher than WC and Fremantle so he'll likely resign. Hopefully for your sake Richmond never has to play him as a full time midfielder ever again as he is a defensive liability when playing as a midfielder.
I wonder why Freo bothered to get Brayshaw and Serong to catch up with him then? Geez some have NFI about how clubs rate players and recruitment doesn’t wane over 1-2 weeks.

He's already at Richmond though? Why would he choose to go to a team that's going to be worse for the rest of his career? It'll be truly baffling if he picks Eagles.
I don’t think so.
If Baler decides to return to WA, $$$ and length of contract may have more sway over team success. He’s already tasted two flags. Who knows what the differences are between the contracts though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back