Lionel Ritchie croons the Pre-match Mega Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Pink Snubbed For Lionel Ritchie.

Good call. Lionel Ritchie is a legend,

He's shit.

Pink is typical of the rubbish music that’s served up these days.

She's shit but you seem to be implying rubbish music wasn't served up in other "days".

As with all eras there is good music if you look hard enough and avoid main stream rubbish.

As it goes the task should have gone to a local act, preferably not has-beens/never will be's.

That its ok to be married to a strong woman. I'm a strong man, and my wife and i have different views. I love her ( my wife ).........for not bowing down to me, and making my life boring.

A message to deliver? What, you mean "I'm so strong and independent, as well as non-conformist who cares about political issues, so buy 10 copies of my latest album"?.

Get it now?

Heard that Pink offered to come over for Pre GF entertainment and sing three songs for 100 grand US.

AFL said no, and settled for frigging Lionel Ritchie. What a crock of poo. After all the money they will make after this re-run.

Hands up male or female, who would prefer Lionel over Pink :eek:

I know it's about the footy, but Pink is a legend. I hope she bares those big pearly whites at the AFL and says sucked in !!

I would prefer Jimmy Barnes. Bring on Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

"Pink is a legend" Bahahahahahaha. Besides, she's out here 5 times a year to keep the frumpy 25-40 women happy anyway isn't she ??
Pink's a "legend" but Lionel's not ?????
OP must be a piss take.

Why don't they save their $$$ from shit, mainstream musical hacks and get a good band from Aus like Karnivool that would actually pump up the atmosphere

Wait, wait wait.

"Pink is a legend"

WHAT!?

In what bullshit universe is she a legend? Paul McCartney is a legend. Elvis Presley is a legend. Ray Charles is a legend. Pink is one of the billion artists who produce the same rubbish sounding music as each other seeking to make herself seem edgy and different.

I'm not a Lionel Ritchie fan, but give me him anyday over Pink for the GF. He'll be out there to make the day as fun for everyone there. Pink would just be "look how good I think I am".

Wait, wait wait.

"Pink is a legend"

WHAT!?

In what bullshit universe is she a legend? Paul McCartney is a legend. Elvis Presley is a legend. Ray Charles is a legend. Pink is one of the billion artists who produce the same rubbish sounding music as each other seeking to make herself seem edgy and different.

I'm not a Lionel Ritchie fan, but give me him anyday over Pink for the GF. He'll be out there to make the day as fun for everyone there. Pink would just be "look how good I think I am".

Sorry! but I want Jimmy Barnes!!

Now your talking. With Chisel. :thumbsu:
Yes. And let's get John Farnham as well.

In fact, why don't we get them every year. Before every final. Then everyone's happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parklife is on at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl the same day as the Grand Final. The AFL could easily borrow one of the headliners to come over to the G for a 15 minute set.

Problem solved, none of this Pink/Ritchie shite.

Heard that Pink offered to come over for Pre GF entertainment and sing three songs for 100 grand US.

AFL said no, and settled for frigging Lionel Ritchie. What a crock of poo. After all the money they will make after this re-run.

Hands up male or female, who would prefer Lionel over Pink :eek:

I know it's about the footy, but Pink is a legend. I hope she bares those big pearly whites at the AFL and says sucked in !!
baseketball_280610065553.gif

Parklife is on at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl the same day as the Grand Final. The AFL could easily borrow one of the headliners to come over to the G for a 15 minute set.

Problem solved, none of this Pink/Ritchie shite.
We want real music.

Lionel was hoping to bring the band - but they were put off by rumours that the Collingwood cheersquad might knock them off.

Quoted for brilliance because nobody picked up on it.

Great line.

what is it with the AFL and their insistence on getting the most banal, bland acts possible as pre-game entertainment ?
They should take a leaf out of the NRL's book. RL might be the worlds most s*&t game, but they beat us hands down when it comes to getting acts for their GF pre-game entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Lionel Ritchie croons the Pre-match Mega Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back