Lions hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any triple premiership player who wouldn't be worthy of being in the HOF? Perhaps they should just be mass inducted so the club can get it over with? I want to see which player from the current era will become worthy.
2040 inductees- schache. hipwood. skinner. McGluggage.

Ripper bloke too. He was my captain in under 10s and still was always happy to have a chat and catch up when I saw him at Lions and never let being an AFL star go to his head.

Told this years ago. In 201-2? Took my then 7 year old daughter to an after match fan thingy at Coorparoo. Sunday arvo after a 1pm game. Meet the players, jumping castles = the whole production. Anyhoo we were in the old bar area, waiting to get picked up - a few players were there, it was all over, and she sees Luke n wants I more autograph. I said dont worry, but he sees her and comes over and spent a good 5 minutes down on 1 knee talking - so genuinely interested in her, and her life.

One of natures gentlemen. Every acolade he gets is well deserved.

Watched Jason A's interview on the HOF, absolutely brilliant. They were a team, honed by toughness and the will to win. Jason is a legend, as were all the players in the triple premiership, diverse individuals with strong characters and views. Real mens men.
Seems like he has really toned it down now too. He's still obviously confident but perhaps more measured and considered... Love him

Watched Jason A's interview on the HOF, absolutely brilliant. They were a team, honed by toughness and the will to win. Jason is a legend, as were all the players in the triple premiership, diverse individuals with strong characters and views. Real mens men.

Agree - if you haven't seen the footage yet, do yourself a favour and watch it. Hopefully some of the messages from Aker resonate with the playing group.

http://www.lions.com.au/video/2016-06-27/hall-of-fame-jason-akermanis

Can I also suggest watching the interview with former Roy and Bear Matthew Rendell, who spent as much time talking about the pillars of what makes a great football club and why. This was not only based on not only what he learned at Fitzroy, but also what as an older player he then saw Wallsy putting into practice at the Bears in '92 for young blokes like Voss, White, Max Kennedy and others coming through.

About 6 minutes in I was ready to put on the boots myself and run through a wall.

Lions hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Back