Coach Lions - Has the Fagan era already peaked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps it wasn't a most improved award but rather a recognition of the difficulty level required to get this team back up after last year's disappointment and this years injuries as well as the adaptability shown from integrating all those young ones while actually improving the team.

There's an umpiring in the 2017 video on YouTube. Crows were destroyed by the umps.
E.g. Betts clearly held in the goal square just before half time.
Haha I remember that vid!
Oh the angst that caused Crows supporters.
Supremely edited and still talked about 7 years later!

And the bleating from SA media that the flag playoff should be best of three games!

I’m not sure your team thought that they were up against it though. They booked a seat for the premiership cup on the plane home.
The upside on that though was that tex didn’t have to fight anyone for the arm rest travelling back to Adelaide.

This is Brisbane’s 6th straight year at the pointy end of the ladder - this thread was created halfway through the 4th of those years.

Before this thread: 6 finals, 1 win 5 losses
After: 10 finals, 8 wins 2 losses - 1 premiership and very nearly another

I think we have our answer.

Congratulations Brisbane, very well deserved 👏👏👏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember guys, this is someone who allegedly went up to one of Hawthorn's indigenous players and said "it's either your career or your kid".

:drunk:

Peaked now.

A strong era for the Lions has been capped with the ultimate reward.

Really strong Finals series; only the Dogs and the Crows teams of the 90s have done similar; an all-out backs-to-the-wall no-margain-for-era assault on a Flag.

Can't realistically begrudge the likes of Lachie Neale, Andrew Harris and Charlie Cameron a flag. Very pleased for Joe Daniher.

The Lions were not to be denied in 2024 - I'll put my hand up and say I thought we would have rolled them last week and I thought Sydney were set to roll them today - but they had genuine resolve.

Kai Lohman, Callum Ah Chee were two who stepped up big style; Darcy Fort came in at short notice and did a man's job.

Last edited:
David King should write an apology letter to Fagan for his disgraceful media treatment of him. Whenever the Lions lose, its because they are outcoached, whenever they win it's because they have the best list. Plenty of teams have lists comparable or better than Brisbane's. Sydney is stacked with talent, Western Bulldogs too.

Fagan was very close to winning last year's grand final against an excellent Pies team. He wins this year from nowhere. He must be doing something very right! Most coaches agree, he has won the coach of the year twice now. He dragged Brisbane out of a very dark era and has them winning finals and premierships again. This win cements him as one of the great coaches and shows there isn't just one way to be a winning coach in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Lions - Has the Fagan era already peaked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back