Remove this Banner Ad

cammo78

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mooroolbark FC, Arizona Cardinals
"Fitzroy is seeking to control the activities of an ongoing organisation and it threatens to cost us significant loss," Mr Garratt said.
He said his client was a club that was going forward, while Fitzroy had gone under.
Mr Garratt said the club had a "shrinking if not vanishing supporter base" in Melbourne.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...attle-hits-court/story-e6frf9jf-1225836586370

absolutely disgraceful...

Maybe support is shrinking because of the actions of a Club that would employ someone who said those kind of things on their behalf in court?

"Fitzroy is seeking to control the activities of an ongoing organisation and it threatens to cost us significant loss," Mr Garratt said.
He said his client was a club that was going forward, while Fitzroy had gone under.
Mr Garratt said the club had a "shrinking if not vanishing supporter base" in Melbourne.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...attle-hits-court/story-e6frf9jf-1225836586370

Now you know why we are so pissed off with the "regime" that has forced this upon us.

Lawyers can talk shit all they like, Fitzroy is the little guy here standing up for what little rights they have.

It's an embarrassment that it has got this far.

Wow, a smack in the face to all the Melbourne based lions fans.

Brisbane Lions should hang their head in shame...this is a shocking act against their very own. Then to belittle the old club in court - very poor form.

I hope Fitzroy win and it costs the BL big time.

Brisbane's guernsey has gone from one of the best to one of the worst in the league because of this, just thought I'd point that out as well.

Only Fremantle's home jumper is worse now, Port have improved theirs immensely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane's guernsey has gone from one of the best to one of the worst in the league because of this, just thought I'd point that out as well.

The Lions new jumper is disgraceful and as you rightfully say, the worst in the league. If you are in a sports shop, have a close look, it is a joke. I can't quite work out whether the lion looks stoned, bored, constipated or what...but the club hierarchy would have you believe that it looks fierce...please:rolleyes:

Nice to see the judge pull him up over some of his comments.

At least someone understands. Brisbane need to take a good hard look at themselves if they reckon their solicitor is the kind of bloke they want speaking on their behalf, no club can afford to disenfranchise a percentage of it's supporter base.

They've spent all that time trying to woo the Fitzroy fans over and now this. Nice way to stick it in and break it off.

At least someone understands. Brisbane need to take a good hard look at themselves if they reckon their solicitor is the kind of bloke they want speaking on their behalf, no club can afford to disenfranchise a percentage of it's supporter base.

They've spent all that time trying to woo the Fitzroy fans over and now this. Nice way to stick it in and break it off.

we seem to not care. its a disgrace. as dylan12 said, hope this gets rid of bowers( who is a lawyer himself), and the board......

Thanks for your sentiment, problem is no one at BL HQ wants to listen to us (their own supporters) The Chairman has come out and said we are no true supporters we only want to cause trouble.

This is not Fitzroy v Brisbane, It's Kramer v Kramer. I might be wrong but I would think 90% of Brisbane fans are against the new Logo and about 95% against the jumper change.

If you would like to help, let the muppets at HQ what you think as an independent observer.

You will probably get the same response as the rest of us.

I notice the Victorian Managers job is currently vacant - no surprise!

Thanks for your sentiment, problem is no one at BL HQ wants to listen to us (their own supporters) The Chairman has come out and said we are no true supporters we only want to cause trouble.

This is not Fitzroy v Brisbane, It's Kramer v Kramer. I might be wrong but I would think 90% of Brisbane fans are against the new Logo and about 95% against the jumper change.

If you would like to help, let the muppets at HQ what you think as an independent observer.

You will probably get the same response as the rest of us.

I notice the Victorian Managers job is currently vacant - no surprise!

apply......

we are a disgrace. without supporters you have no club. we are souless atm.

bums on seats at games and buying merchandise are what pays for these idiots wages.

Brisbanes Pre Season just keeps getting better and better...:cool:

It really is an Insult to the Fitzroy FC though and poor form.

Fitzroy has been dead since September 1 1996

So have the Brisbane Bears.

A merger is an agreement for 2 parties not 1. I would love to hear how Fitzroy supporters feel about this that follow the Lions.

what they have done to that jumper is a disgrace, and damn right, if that QC is going to get up in court and speak on behalf of the Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club, then he should learn to respect the Fitzroy people.

Brisbane had the two best jumpers in the league, now they have the "what you talkin' bout, willis" photoshop lion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions Logo Battle Hits Court

Remove this Banner Ad

Back