Lions = Over-rated

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll stand you a 6-pack of whatever you drink (assuming you are over 18 :) ) on the Lions NOT making the 8.

I say they won't.

So who will take your spot? You have to look at the draw of each side. Given Sainst are now in the 8, only Kangaroos and Carlton can knock you out.

You should beat West Coast, Kangaroos and Carlton (all at home or Gold Coast) - which will give you 11 wins and then you still have Richmond and Essendon. Its yours to lose.

Kangaroos - Port Adelaide (x2), Collingwood, Melbourne, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, Carlton, Geelong.

Carlton - St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Kangaroos, Brisbane, Hawthorn.

These are the key games.

Won't make the 8 based on this performance.

Their best is pretty good, but their worst is bottom 4. And too many passengers in the team.

Selwood = gumby
Sherman = too up and down for a league player.
Corrie = not enough grunt work, a genuine outside player.

beyond Black/Brown/Bradshaw/Adcock etc, there is alot of daylight to the next tier of player. Charman should be leading by example on a day like today, but has hardly had an impact. And this is why they'll struggle.

the lions need to get rid of sherman he is a stupid footballer that makes mistakes that a 16yr old wouldnt do.

Pathetic. Both bottom 2 sides have beaten the lions now. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. They rocked up today just expecting them being there was enough to win. Matthews will be spewing.

that doesnt worry me....if we make the finals the bottom 8 sides wont be in it :p

i think we have been playing pretty good football this year and now after just one shocking game we are shit and wont make anything?
why not stop saying saying that brisbane are shit and actually acknowledge melbournes win

What about defensively? I thought if there was an achilles heal for Brisbane that would be it. Is Patfull really up to it? Have they got anyone in reserve? Or are the problems truly elsewhere?

Patfull is one of our most solid players, just because you dont recognize his name doesn't mean he isn't any good. He murdered Burton last week.

The constant turnovers in the midfield put our defenders under to much pressure.

Pathetic. Both bottom 2 sides have beaten the lions now. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. They rocked up today just expecting them being there was enough to win. Matthews will be spewing.

To be fair, when you beat us, you hadnt realised how shit you were yet. We drew the short straw there. See you at the Gabba.

that doesnt worry me....if we make the finals the bottom 8 sides wont be in it :p

i think we have been playing pretty good football this year and now after just one shocking game we are shit and wont make anything?
why not stop saying saying that brisbane are shit and actually acknowledge melbournes win

Ok, I'll acknowledge Melbourne's win, Brisbane are still shit though. Is that better?
It was still a pretty good game to watch regardless of all the skill errors. Dees won it because they seemed to want it more. Good-luck to them.

Gave Melbourne credit in the gameday thread. This one is about the lions tho.

Those 2 losses will come back to bite them at the end of the season. Either by missing out on a home final or even the top 4 (had you won those 2 games you would be 4th atm). Simply cant afford to drop games to teams fighting it out for the wooden spoon. Really disapointing for them.

Gave Melbourne credit in the gameday thread. This one is about the lions tho.

Those 2 losses will come back to bite them at the end of the season. Either by missing out on a home final or even the top 4 (had you won those 2 games you would be 4th atm). Simply cant afford to drop games to teams fighting it out for the wooden spoon. Really disapointing for them.

We were never a top 4 side. This thread just shows the premature ejaculation nature of BigFooty.

The second you cross over from 9th into 8th, you are automatically assumed to be a flag contender and get called overrated and pretenders when you drop a game you should have won.

But you're only as good as your last game, so our players have alot to think about over the next 2 weeks.

We were never a top 4 side. This thread just shows the premature ejaculation nature of BigFooty.

The second you cross over from 9th into 8th, you are automatically assumed to be a flag contender and get called overrated and pretenders when you drop a game you should have won.

But you're only as good as your last game, so our players have alot to think about over the next 2 weeks.

Yet a team from outside the eight always seems to make the top 4 each year. This year its the dogs but your not that far away from fighting it out for a top four spot. How is that premature ejaculation?

Facts are had you beaten the worst 2 teams in the comp you would currently be inside the four. Had you even won one of those games you would be a real top four contender.

Im not calling you over-rated. I actually like you guys. Thats why its so disapointing to drop a game like this.

Facts are had you beaten the worst 2 teams in the comp you would currently be inside the four. Had you even won one of those games you would be a real top four contender.

Facts are if we hadn't had against the odds heroic wins against Port and the Crows... we wouldnt even be in the 8.

Take the good with the bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think people should be writing off the Lions. Mathews is an incredibly good coach and gets the best out of his list. They'll comfortably finish in the top 8 IMO. When you've got the likes of Johnstone, Power, Adcock, Notting, Brown, Bradshaw, Brennan, Black who can really fire you're likely to go a long way

The top 3 sides are well ahead of the rest. Brisbane, Adelaide and the Pies, who have all been called overrated, will probably just be making up the numbers this finals series.

Yes and no. He does have a point but all teams have come from behind wins now and again. You do win a few here and lose a few there.

The thing is you just should not, can not, lose to both the bottom 2 sides. Its unforgivable.

Leigh wont be half as forgiving as you guys.

I'm not being forgiving.

I'm just saying that we are where we are. We were never a strong contender for top 4. You appear to be the one guilty of overrating us.

they will make the 8 and if its 5th or 6th and they get themselves a home final, pencil them in for the semi finals at worst.

We lost to Melbourne and Richmond last year and then made the prelim.

Brisbane had 3 blokes injured on game day, a couple of handy players out and Simon Black probably had the worst game of his illustrious career and they only got done by 1 point.

Melbourne had to win eventually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions = Over-rated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back