News Lions to wear traditional jumper...now reduced by the club to the 'commemorative hat-trick jumper'

Remove this Banner Ad

It appears that the Match worn jumpers have a reserve price of $199 and if any go for this figure you've got $40 worth of guts and determination on top of the $159.95 regular price and that's a bargain in my book!!

hmm, did the club read this and reconsider? Every guernsey is now listed as reserve not met.

hmm, did the club read this and reconsider? Every guernsey is now listed as reserve not met.
hmmmm that is exactly what has happened.... very uncool thing to do I would have thought.

Don't know if they read this, but they probably did reconsider. :(

I know GWS has stupidly high reserves on their items (I recall a figure of $500+) but people pay for it, it's a limited commodity, so I can't blame the clubs.

But damn, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Hmmm interesting!! I have an email to the merchandise manager so I might just investigate. It was a result of my prompting that I discovered they were intending to Auction them as not to would have been a wasted chance to raise some very nice coin....

I would say that they didn't intend for the auction to be worded in a way where people may have been bidding with the belief they were getting both the essendon and collingwood guernseys. Once people have started bidding they probably can't change WHAT people are bidding on so much as they can change the reserve price. The reserve might be 398 now if that's what has happened.

Notice with interest that currently Jack Reddens is $295 (reserve reached) and given he is a more established player this may be the figure. Wouldn't surprise if the Black and Brown versions may have a higher reserve. Last year and early this year a Match worn and ripped Matt Maguire jumper never hit reserve but rather than lower the reserve it kept getting listed over and over with the same restrictive reserve price and not sure it ever sold! Would suggest that it probably wasn't worth what the Club thought it was.

I would say that they didn't intend for the auction to be worded in a way where people may have been bidding with the belief they were getting both the essendon and collingwood guernseys. Once people have started bidding they probably can't change WHAT people are bidding on so much as they can change the reserve price. The reserve might be 398 now if that's what has happened.

Or maybe the jumpers will be washed and reworn for the Collingwood game???
Geez, if this is the case they have missed a real chance to double dip with two sets of Match worn jumpers. If we (heaven forbid) get rolled by the Pies it will deflate the prices greatly, but surely they wouldn't, would they????

From what I read I thought they were wearing the same guernsey for both games. I hope if that is the case they give them a good wash between games. o_O

EDIT: What Madkeenlions said.

Geez, if this is the case they have missed a real chance to double dip with two sets of Match worn jumpers. If we (heaven forbid) get rolled by the Pies it will deflate the prices greatly, but surely they wouldn't, would they????

yeah, good call. I just re-read it and I'd say you are spot on.

Is it usual policy to wash and reuse jumpers? I just assumed players always wore brand new guernseys each game.

Is it usual policy to wash and reuse jumpers? I just assumed players always wore brand new guernseys each game.

yeah regular guernseys are washed and reused. they get so many a year to work with. but i was thinking being a promotional guernsey that would've had one for each round to raise some cash for the club with auctioning them.

yeah regular guernseys are washed and reused. they get so many a year to work with. but i was thinking being a promotional guernsey that would've had one for each round to raise some cash for the club with auctioning them.

You learn something new everyday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW!!! Double stink... I may not even be allowed to keep these ones in the garage. May have to invest in a storage container 50km from metropolitan Melbourne.

You would think so but thinking more about that, isn't Vero on the front? I thought Vero being the senior sponsor gets the front for home games and National Storage the front for away games. Vero was on front last week and assume will be there again tomorrow.

Would have thought that there would be a few to each player...maybe a couple more to high profile players, ..there would have to be a replacement jumper for torn ones in a match..one for player to keep sake as a memento or to give to the player sponsor...

Would have thought that there would be a few to each player...maybe a couple to more to high profile players, ..there would have to be a replacement jumper for torn ones in a match..one for player to keep sake as a memento or to give to the player sponsor...

yeah spot on. they'd have spares for replacement. i just meant they'd have one to auction off for each round.

It was the jumper. Just didn't look to be the same team as last week. Not enough pressure on the ball carrier, no shepherding for team-mates, couldn't kick straight because of how shit the jumper looked.

Exhibit A:; Rockliff.

"Alright, Rocky on the lead, Rocky on the lead!"

"Phew, glad I managed to grab that. Now to go back and slot this."

"Is that 20 seconds yet?"

"Here we go, let's keep the kicking action simple, guide it down easily, and go through wit---Is that a Paddlepop cat? Aw how cute!"

*Shanks the kick*

The way we are going we are going to be half strength on Friday night, and the board will speak about the jumper when Collingwood win.

If they do that they are an absolute joke.

Some fantastic letters on http://thelionsroar.net/letters-to-the-club/

I wrote one and sent it off today, but kept it short and sweet.

This was a good line.

"As AFL members we have certain rights in regards to AFL Grand Final tickets and with only 4 games in Melbourne, it has crossed our minds to switch our support package to a successful team in order to gain access to Grand Final tickets. We will still be able to attend all the games we wish to in Melbourne to follow the Lions but the club will not gain a cent out of us. We want to keep giving Brisbane our money but not while the administration continues to be so ignorant of what the fans want."

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lions to wear traditional jumper...now reduced by the club to the 'commemorative hat-trick jumper'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back