News Lions to wear traditional jumper...now reduced by the club to the 'commemorative hat-trick jumper'

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saying.....

Two months to the day after I emailed and posted my letter to the Club - no response.

No confirmation, no apology, no anything.

Not the greatest way to interact.

Yeah I never received anything adey from an email and then a detailed multiple page letter. I don't think that we are alone in that regard either (although for some reason some people received a template response - it is pretty suprising that didn't go out to everyone).

I also haven't received replies........which is why I would like to see a continual visible protest with banners at the games...just have a feeling they think we have gone away.....let them see we haven't.

I also haven't received replies........which is why I would like to see a continual visible protest with banners at the games...

Would be surprised if you got them through the gate, and if you did, I'd be even more surprised if security didn't come and take them away. Never underestimate the Gabbastapo.

I think one would have no trouble getting a banner in. Unfortunately though, I for one won't risk eviction.:oops:
Reckon I could wrap one round my body a few times under my clothes. Worked that time I percured a bar mat from a pub.

Would be surprised if you got them through the gate, and if you did, I'd be even more surprised if security didn't come and take them away. Never underestimate the Gabbastapo.

Yeah, like how walk ways are not for through traffic :rolleyes:

Sick of the crap we put up with at the Gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

please I urge you all to vote and help us out as I and the rest of the WCE big footy crew will do in return
please vote for
a) navy wings over the current home
b) royal wings over the mid thousands home
c) royal wings with old head over the mid thousands away
d) yellow wings over the ochre

The link is down.

please I urge you all to vote and help us out as I and the rest of the WCE big footy crew will do in return
please vote for
a) navy wings over the current home
b) royal wings over the mid thousands home
c) royal wings with old head over the mid thousands away
d) yellow wings over the ochre

Done.

Ive done the Eagles one but flaming Embers probably wouldn't like half of my answers.

In all honesty, I actually prefer the vertical stripes models for their home jumpers.
Serious?

I hope you're in the minority.

Anyway I checked out the site you guys set up off the back of our campaign and chucked my name down as a 'supporter'. I was always cheering for you guys in the grand finals back in the day so I'm sure thats good enough.

It really is impressive how many of you have written letters to the club. You've certainly put in more effort than we have. I'd be pretty insulted if I were you that the club still hasn't given you a response.

The only way to get through with these sorts of things is to be persistent though, so keep bugging them. Hopefully it'll be worth it for both our clubs when we're back in our good guernseys.

Serious?

I hope you're in the minority.

I too think it isn't too bad - and I live here and see it regularly. I think we can all agree the almost rainbow shaded one from a few years ago was pretty terrible though.

One thing I will say, and it's probably also relevant to us the more time passes, is that there's a certain element of history association in the old jumpers. As in, I associate it with that period when it was worn, and seeing it again instantly makes it feel 'old' and 'retired' in a sense. BUT, if that's what the members and players want, that's what it should be!

As I'm not a member of your club I'm not going to vote, since my opinion shouldn't matter. But I'd really, really like to be able to vote for my own club's jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lions to wear traditional jumper...now reduced by the club to the 'commemorative hat-trick jumper'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back