Lisle to Brisbane for Pick 29 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Lisle to Brisbane done deal

And there it is. The curse of our silly offers of one year.

McGlynn, Kennedy and now Lisle. FFS

Disappointing to lose him, but he was obviously given a better oppurtunity and I really hope he gets more game time for Brissy. Will be watching next year to see how he is used and how he performs. All the best to the kid.

Understand he had some improving to do (disposal, linking up, pace etc). But in the finals series just gone we had only two defenders who could judge the ball in flight. This skill is hard to learn and improve, and he has it in spades. Kicking, running etc can be improved in a preseason.

Good deal for us. Was going to struggle to break into the side. Had limitations. Might do well in Brisbane, but hardly blame him for wanting to move on and get a better crack. He played a couple of good games in the seniors before injury, but his Box Hill form was pretty average after injury. Good luck to him. Our fairness in letting players go when we dont see them in our best 25 or so, will be noted come free agency times. We are a fair club.

It's crystal clear that we feel he isn't part of our game plan. If I had to put it down to something, I would say it's our high priority of defensive pressure and decision making.

He can't exert much in the forward line and he is deemed a liability when the ball hits the ground in our backline.

It's certainly not his marking and ability to judge the ball in the air.

He's considered too slow in these areas imho. This is supported by our drafting of Litherland, who is pretty quick. We're not able to support Bailey,Hale and Lisle in our team game plan. It seems that is also supported by our decision not to pick up Tom Curran. Also our decision to pick up a quick tall in Gunston says something too.

Our coaches seem very specific in what they want on the park at any one time. They gave him a shot and he did well in what we saw (as fans) vs Freo and Collingwood. However, what we don't know is what the coaches want with regard to our game style. So I think his strengths were good but his weaknesses, which included his decision making down back and his slowish pace were too great.

I could be completely wrong too:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of talk saying we shouldnt have let him go etc.
Much like kennedy and mcglynn, we didnt let him go, he chose to leave for a better deal. Like kennedy and mcglynn, he was not in out best 22, and was 4-5th in line in his position. At brisbane, he will start in the goal square in round 1. the way the game is now, you cannot offer a player who has played 5 games in weakened line ups more than 1 year. its too much of a risk.
im disappointed to lose him, but at the same time, if we have our best 22-25 available all year, he would not play a game. if 3-4 of franklin, roughead, gunston, bailey, hale, gilham, gibson, shoey, murphy and stratton went down, he might get a game. you cant offer two years to a player in this situation.

well played hawks, good luck to jordan at the lions!

If he doesnt make it, weve gained.

If he doesn't. hes not at a club which can hurt us.

We may get to see Lisle v Shoe next year - should be worth a thread.

PS the commemtators judged Kennedy to ahve a great game against us in the SF 11. I'll take the 'crap' ones sammy sewell and Lewis had thanks

This trade is great for Hawthorn. Lisle would never of played outside of an amazing industry list.

The club rates Franklin, Roughead, Gunston, Hale all ahead of him as forwards. Then their is Gibson, Stratton, Gilham, Shoey, Boumann who they clearly rate as better backman.

The bloke has played 4 games in 3 years, what were you exactly hoping to get ?

FWIW i doubt he'll make the grade in a big way anyhow i don't see one strength apart from having good hands, and if you cant get to contests what does that matter ?

Renouf and Lisle gone, Hawks offloading big men like they grow on trees. Not happy Jan.

:mad:

I have to agree with this.

Not sure if this trade made any sense, unless Lisle was so desperate to see first team action and demanded the trade.
It doesn't seem right to trade a young KPP otherwise.

:confused:

Another bad call by the hawks, this will be similar to the letting go of josh kennedy. If the club keeps morton on the list while let the likes of lisle go then they have sh#t for brains.

Reports all year said that he wanted out all season. He wants firsts football, fair enough.

Great deal by the Hawks to gain Boumann and lose Lisle, in my opinion Lisle was overrated, to often i have seen Jordy drop his head when going for overheads marks and also lacks pace.

But i wish him all the best up there in Brisbane where he will get more game time than he would have had he remained at Hawthorn. :thumbsu:

Totally understandable given the events of the final 6 weeks of the season, the selection panel made it pretty obvious that Shoey was going to be the work in progress in the backline, not Lisle. Lisle lost a little match fitness, and a fair bit of confidence - and there was some question about whether he could keep his head over the ball after his injury. At the end of the day he had a single opportunity against GC to state his case, and he played pretty poorly.

I'd have been weighing up my options too, and Brisbane is crying out for a second tall target in their forward half. I am sure they will also be on the lookout for a CHB, and Lisle could potentially fill either position.

Good luck to him with the Lions, the change of scenery could do him good. The Brown/Lisle combination may well come back to haunt us..

Lisle has some talent but it is Pick 50 talent and next year when is hardly plays he would get zero in return.

Is slow for todays football and the backline is no place for slow players. He does drop his head in quite a few marking contests and this has not improved.

Of all things though he rates very low on kicking skills. This is needed out of defence (one reason we gave Suckling one more year to prove himself) and he could not have played in our forward line as goalkicking is far too important to leave to chance and Gunston is so much more talented in every area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lisle to Brisbane for Pick 29 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back