Lisle to Brisbane for Pick 29 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Lisle to Brisbane done deal

Classic Chicken vs Egg.

Maybe Lisle not being fully committed to the club was a reason he was occasionally overlooked.

Hawks would have kept a close eye on both Boumann and Lisle at BH and obviously rate Bou higher or see more upside in him

disagree BB, Lisle showed some great promise at CHB whilst Boumann was delisted by the Dogs even though he could of been a depth defensive player....
I didn't see much in lisle myself - I always thought he looked 2nd rate & as he wanted to go & could hardly get a game this year then bye bye.

To me from what I have seen (which isn't much) is boumann has more to offer anyway - he's certainly faster, better below the knees and seems happier to take the game on.

He does need to bulk up further but I would back our development team before the dogs to get the best out of him.

Lisle was just OK this year. Unfortunately we didn't see enough of him however to make a true assessment of his ability. Lets be honest though, Shoenmakers didn't exactly light it up during the last third of the season. And with Roughead and Gilham coming back from long term injuries I personally think this was the wrong decision. Thumbs down for me.

Re: Lisle on Lions Radar!

I haven't gone over all of the trades yet, but can someone please clarify why we traded out pick 29 to to Freo? I dont understand that....

I haven't gone over all of the trades yet, but can someone please clarify why we traded out pick 29 to to Freo? I dont understand that....
Apparently they obtained the rights to trade for a pre-listed player as part of their deal in sending their compensation pick to GWS for pick 20.

I don't know how this is possible but it makes sense as to why we had to get them involved.

I have to agree with this.

Not sure if this trade made any sense, unless Lisle was so desperate to see first team action and demanded the trade.
It doesn't seem right to trade a young KPP otherwise.

:confused:
If the decision makers have specific queries over them, then yes, it makes perfect sense to trade them out while they have value.

Fwiw, the year before we delisted Dowler, we knocked back offers from other clubs for a trade. I'm glad we took the opportunity this time to "sell" while there was currency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically, we used pick 50 or thereabouts to get Lisle, he spent 3 years on the list, played 5 games, all this year, and wasn't considered good enough to play finals. We've traded for Gunston which takes away a forward option for him, and seemingly had Boumann in our sights for cover down in defence. With Gilham back too he was going to be hard pressed to get a game.

We got pick 29 for him, which we on traded for, effectively, Boumann seemingly.

On the surface, seems to be a decent piece of business. Time will tell however.

Brisbane now have 2 key forwards on their list who in 2011 had more broken bones in there face's then goals kicked between them.

Hope they don't fly for the same ball in that forwrd line it would be a bloody train wreck i tells ya.

One last thing for those complaining about the loss of Lisle I got the feeling you won't miss him with what we have on our list. Schoey contrary to what people believe is going to be something special

Could Kirbatron or Kipster please elaborate on why they are more excited about Litherland than Boumann or Schoenmakers
I'm sure that everyone out there would be interested to know!
As far as I can recall he had a few injuries and it was his first year after all
I think he played most of his games for the development team......did he get a few games for the A team and what impressed you about him

To me this is a good trade. If Lisle wanted out, then good luck to him, he obviously did not back himself to break into the team or was too impatient to develop his game to get into the best 22.

If the club decided to move him on, then clearly the experts do not think he is good enough. With all our injuries in defence he still could not break into the team.

Either way its a good result IMO

circular argument

the club traded him, therefore the club is right

dont debate anything

if the club made a trade it must be right

Please explain? Did he play any games at all this year?

Yeah, Litherland played 3 games in total for season 2011.

Injured, then two DS games immediately followed by one senior VFL game, all equally ordinary, and then out for the rest of the season.

Just so much to get excited about ... :rolleyes:

circular argument

the club traded him, therefore the club is right

dont debate anything

if the club made a trade it must be right

Perhaps an argument or two in response to his reasons for liking the trade, rather than a blanket rant against imaginary yes-men toeing the club line, might be more appropriate.

I don't believe he, or anyone else, has said "the club is always right"

Whilst Im sad to see Lisle go, I wish him all the best at the Lions. He was unlucky this season in terms of injury, the broken jaw came at an awful time where he certainly would have strung some games together for his given our injuries. Anyway, I have faith that the club has made the most appropriate decision for us and look forward to seeing Boumann in action next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Lisle to Brisbane for Pick 29 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back