List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he plays for Norf. 😉
Been out so long, can't remember his name? ;)

eat homer simpson GIF

Exactly what we need. Smart footballer among our dumb ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much none of our players have a track record of delivering in clutch moments, at the very least he can mentor them what to do in big moments.

Trade/Delist the following players who are either too soft or do not have the foot skills / decision making for elite AFL level:

Plowman
Young
Fogarty
Dow
O'Brien
Cottrell
Durdin
Owies

I like the assumption that those not on that list apparently have the foot skills / decision making for elite AFL level. Because tbh, if that's the measure then we wouldn't be able to field a team.

Trade/Delist the following players who are either too soft or do not have the foot skills / decision making for elite AFL level:

Plowman
Young
Fogarty
Dow
O'Brien
Cottrell
Durdin
Owies
Nice knee jerk reaction there. Basically a list of all the clubs "whipping boys" as picked out over the course of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst time of the year now, trade talk where players we rate from other clubs we can get for a 4th rounder and players we want to delist we should be able to get a 1sr rounder for.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Isn't that Dodo's trade period formula? Any Essendon player is worth 3 first round picks and any player from another club is only worth a late 4th at best.

Team for next season:

B: Marchbank-----------------Weitering-----------------Newman

H: Williams-------------------McGovern------------------Saad

C: *Acres---------------------Cripps-------------------Cuningham

H: Silvagni-------------------C.Curnow------------------Martin

F: Motlop----------------------McKay---------------------Honey

Foll: Pittonet, Cerra, Walsh

Foll: De Koning, Hewett, *NewPlayer (fast midfielder that can break lines), Fisher

Delist: Plowman, Newnes, Fogarty, Williamson, Parks (r), McDonald (r), Hayes (r)
Trade bait: Pittonet (need more than tapwork), Dow (not used), Fisher (peak value, not really mid or forward), Newman (won't take us to the next level)
Assess: E.Curnow (injuries), Stocker (midfield potential)
Ideally replace: Durdin (r), Owies
Possible elevation: Cottrell, Owies

So that's anywhere from 5-13 list spots, probably landing around 7 or 8.

Best 22 without the above players:

FB:
Docherty Weitering Marchbank
HB: Williams Young Saad
C: Walsh Cerra O'Brien
HF: Cuningham C.Curnow Martin
FF: JSOS McKay Motlop

R: TDK Cripps Hewett

Int: McGovern, C.Durdin, ???, ???

Expected next tier (preferred options in italics): Cottrell, Setterfield, Kennedy, Mirkov, Carroll, Honey, Boyd, Kemp

Delist: Plowman, Newnes, Fogarty, Williamson, Parks (r), McDonald (r), Hayes (r)
Trade bait: Pittonet (need more than tapwork), Dow (not used), Fisher (peak value, not really mid or forward), Newman (won't take us to the next level)

I don't see any value in keeping Ed Curnow or dow

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% agree would be offering up Fisher to wc for either Liam Duggan or Bailey Williams the ruckman who would both fill needs for us

Team for next season:

B: Marchbank-----------------Weitering-----------------Newman

H: Williams-------------------McGovern------------------Saad

C: *Acres---------------------Cripps-------------------Cuningham

H: Silvagni-------------------C.Curnow------------------Martin

F: Motlop----------------------McKay---------------------Honey

Foll: Pittonet, Cerra, Walsh

Foll: De Koning, Hewett, *NewPlayer (fast midfielder that can break lines), Fisher
I generally like this side with a few caveats:
  • Can't see Docherty losing his spot
  • I'd be curious to see how we'd go in the backline without Young but I'd be surprised if that happened too.
  • Kennedy is an interesting one. His best footy made a valuable contribution, particularly on dry days, he was part of the fab five. I thought he was often a bit of a liability in the wet weather where he fumbled often and didn't have the ability to apply the relentless pressure on the opposition required. But his dual sided skills, overhead marking and goal kicking can be major assets. I too would like more pace in the side but they would need to be good to offer more than Kennedy.
It will be interesting to see what Austin can conjure up in the off season and hopefully we can commence a preseason with all players available for the first time in forever.

Plowman
Young
Fogarty
Dow
O'Brien
Cottrell
Durdin

Owies
Crossed off the ones that will 100% be there next season.
Owies probably too (but I’m not as much of a fan).
The others could all well be gone.
Newnes surely too.
McDonald just doesn’t have the body.

I agree with all that. The club needs to get brutal on the peripheral players who aren’t difference makers.

Rucks - weakness
Wings - weakness ( Walsh might need to play wing )
Medium/small fwds - weakness ( Silvagni, Martin, Owies, Fisher, Durdin ) all not good enough

Overall we lack pace as well, the game plan seems to off set that somewhat.

Pittonet, Fisher, Newman, Durdin will all remain and on the main list

Fog, Willo, Parks, Dow were always in the gun, despite your previous assessments

Newnes probably missed his trigger by 1 game, Ed injured all year, but think 1 will remain on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back