List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a mute point anyway...
Rioli is apparently on the verge of signing a new deal with West Coast...

Had to look up who Junior Rioli is. Didnt realise that because his father died recently for the next year he is to be known as Junior as a mark of respect. Thanks for letting us know.

In the universe where after a full pre-season Voss picked him to play ahead of Young?

And we had 100% winning record (and against top 8 teams) in the 2 games (well, 1 and half games) that he played?
No chance he is picked ahead now after Youngs development.

Young was still an unknown.

I'd bet a pretty penny that they're not even in the same conversation.

If OMAC was the sole KPD in the run of games we would have been flogged.

Yes but that is just a wild guess, based on 3/5 of FA. There is no way for any of us to know this, so lets stop pretending that we do. Those that are paid to make these assessments are much better placed
2 full seasons in 7 years.
Last full season 2018.

History is a pretty good judge...and a decent guide. He is 26 and replaceable

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Everyone who is writing McDonald off will be bitterly disappointed when he's retained.

I believe he will stay, here's why...

1. He was given the year off, not the opportunity to regain fitness and play for his career. We've handled this issue before, this is how we do it. It appears clear we are planning for next year with him.

2. He's our best 22 CHB. As well as Young has done, McDonald is the better player.

3. He's the thing our list needs the most, a tall who can play key forward, key defender or 2nd ruck at a decent AFL level.

The only issue I can see is if his rehab is going poorly or he gives up.
Which part of the almost two years he sat out completely did you draw these conclusions?

His body isn't up to it, it's why Melbourne let him go, and we've seen a continuance of it in his two years at Carlton.

I'll be disappointed if he isnt straight up delisted

Yes but that is just a wild guess, based on 3/5 of FA. There is no way for any of us to know this, so lets stop pretending that we do. Those that are paid to make these assessments are much better placed

He has played on the 8 quarters of football in 2 years with a chronic back injury that showed little sign of settling down and also derailed his career at his previous club. I’d say there is a pretty good chance he’ll break down again. It’s a huge risk retaining him. A tough decision either way for Austen.

Not sure about Willie. Averages 12 touches and 1.1 goals per game (even less this year) and has had a 2 year spell for a drug infringement.

At 28 at the start of next year I can't see him doing any transforming. In fact I couldn't see him keeping Motlop or Durdin out of the team. Maybe others see something in him that I can't.

I hope that a few sides that might be competing with us for Breust get sidetracked by Rioli.

Give me the older head from a better system who averages almost twice as many goals and score involvements.

Im taking Sam Durdin over Omac all day, got thrown into a baptism of fire with our injuries with a weeks prep and did very well. Seems to have matured, lets give him a preseason with Weits and Young and see what we have.

on footywire we have a lot of players OOC. Who do we let go?
Carlton Players Out of Contract in 2022
NameYears ServiceStatus
6​
Non-Free Agent​
7​
Non-Free Agent​
12​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
3​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​
3​
Non-Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​
5​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​
4​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​
2​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
1​
Non-Free Agent​
6​
Non-Free Agent​
1​
Non-Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​

on footywire we have a lot of players OOC. Who do we let go?
Carlton Players Out of Contract in 2022
NameYears ServiceStatus
6​
Non-Free Agent​
7​
Non-Free Agent​
Unrestricted Free Agent
Unrestricted Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Unrestricted Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Unrestricted Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Unrestricted Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent

I reckon there is zero chance newnes gets let go. Played 16 games this year and at worst is a good depth player
He’d have to be informed that he’s now in the break glass in case of emergency category… along with Dow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with most and 4 - 8 out sounds likely, as list has some good depth now.

I think LOB re-signed to 2024 so list may be wrong?

Fitness staff may determine fate of Cuningham and OMAC. Cannot keep these guys on the list forever and we are not getting much output.
Potential replacements available may mean we keep one or more of Hayes, Fog and Newnes if we cannot find better?

Will be an interesting trade period

Young is well ahead of McDonald without doubt, our list contains too many players that miss large chunks of the season, we need to invest in some more durable players, Cunningham may get one more season, but l don't see McDonald being retained when we already have Durdin now.

Obviously the people paid to make the assessments will make the call on it...

There would be no point of Bigfooty though if we couldn't discuss things because we aren't the ones being paid to make the call. Scratch the ins and outs each week because we aren't actually on the match committee?

And no it's not a "wild guess based on 3/5 of FA".

It's a legitimate danger of happening. Using past information to make future risk assessment is not basing it on "3/5 of **** all"

The guy has litterally missed the last two years with back issues. Is it too much of a stretch to say its a very real risk it could happen again next year?

That's really what I would be playing him as myself. He can play as a third tall option of required or even as a KPD if really necessary, but the way he covers the ground and his pace makes me think a flanker that will scare forwards. A bit like we were hoping that Parks would turn into.

In fact, I would love it if the rookie list could be part of the VFL list and we promote and demote players between the rookie list and the VFL squad as required. That way, we could drop Parks to the VFL list and bring Leiu into the rookie list and the rest of the league doesn't get a look at him, unless he wants to re-enter the draft.
That is a bit too advantageous

I think clubs should get dibs in the rookie draft and the midyear draft for players on their VFL list (teams can select in the main draft if they really want a player)

Constant reader, infrequent poster, but for what it’s worth - my two cents.

- Trade Dow, would rather see him get a crack at it elsewhere to see if he can cut it than rot away in the 2’s. 3rd rounder probably the best return we can expect.

- Boyd is my first choice lockdown small back next year. If Marchy is fit as our 3rd tall along with a mix of Doc, Saad, Williams, Newman + Weiters and Young, we hold Plow and Durdin as backups and move on McDonald.

- Would like to see one of Williams/Saad played on the wing for a bit more leg speed forward of centre and better ball use to our forwards.

- As far as delistings go, obviously Willo comes off the list, I think we say good bye to atleast Fogarty and McDonald. Owies has reached his potential which should be depth only if we are to progress next year, on a small contract probably worth keeping in the VFL. Newnes in the same boat although I think he stays for some experience on the list. Ed may well retire but if he wants one more he’s going to be great for the development of our VFL boys if he can get on the park.
I’m 50/50 on whether Philp and Parks are worth persisting with. I wasn’t a huge fan when we reached for Philp in the draft a few years ago, I was a massive fan of Chad Warner’s 18’s year and now I’m more pissed he slipped well past our pick.
If Cunners can’t get his body right I think it’s time to say goodbye.
- Unsure where Silvagni really fits, the backup ruck role isn’t right for him and if he’s going to be our 3rd tall forward he needs to be kicking 30-40 a year and I don’t think he’s ever managed 20 before.
If Marchy stays fit, with Harry and Charlie reaching their potential as a combo we hoped for 4 years ago, could we now send Gov back to that 3rd tall forward role we purposed him for when we got him over? He could really excel there I think now with the pressure off thanks to H&C. Or we spend the summer trying to get Kemp into that role like he played on Sunday in the VFL.

- I wouldn’t be against a trade for Breust/Gunston to add some leadership and nous to the forward line. Interested as to what it’d cost. I wonder if a Dow for Breust swap could be a possibility?

- Would like to target some outside midfield speed with our first pick to compliment Walsh’s endurance and the bulls Cripps, Kennedy and Hewett.

If we manage to grab Breust, barring any draftees storming into the lineup early on, I’d like to think best 22 looks something like this

Boyd Young Marchbank
Docherty Weitering Saad
Williams Cripps Hewett
Breust Curnow McGovern
Motlop McKay Durdin
TDK Cerra Hewett

Kennedy Cottrell Martin Fisher

Stocker, Carroll, Kemp next in line if the four on the bench or even Durdin aren’t pulling their weight. Would love to see these three force their way into the 22 over season though.

Newman, Silvagni, LOB, Hayes, Plow, Newnes, Honey, Setterfield and Sam Durdin all very capable of playing a role if necessary.

SOS unlucky here, heart and soul but needs to nail down a role and really master it now.

Love all the conversation and going to try become more active around here.

Cheers guys!

May have hit his triggers anyway
Hit trigger last year. Pretty much zero chance contract would be negotiated with multi-year triggers for a DFA.

Despite his versatility, there are young players going past him. LOB, Cotts, Boyd, Stocker even Carroll with another pre season. Been dropped a couple of times over the season (3, I think) out of contract and we need list spots. Will be a bit unlucky, but the writing is on the wall. Vossy will be ruthless, can’t see him being retained, given other options.

Hit trigger last year. Pretty much zero chance contract would be negotiated with multi-year triggers for a DFA.

Despite his versatility, there are young players going past him. LOB, Cotts, Boyd, Stocker even Carroll with another pre season. Been dropped a couple of times over the season (3, I think) out of contract and we need list spots. Will be a bit unlucky, but the writing is on the wall. Vossy will be ruthless, can’t see him being retained, given other options.

Good depth and versatile, apparently a very respected teammate and good for the group which may also play a part. Id be very surprised if he isnt retained.

We need to go to the draft this year.

Acres will cost more than I think we should pay as I don't believe he is a free agent.

I would target Bruest and Ratugolea personally. Bruest is a bit of a no brainer for some leadership and is still playing good football. But depends on what the Hawks want for him.

Ratugolea is 24 and isn't getting a game. I see him as replacing the Casboult role on the list which we never did being a key position utility type. Can play Forward and Ruck plus has been looking good moving to defence this year. One year on his contact remaining so would depend on what Geelong expect back.

I really don't want us to trade any picks in the first 2 rounds this year.

A player like Bruest needs to be our No.1 priority as we need a cool head up forward who is a lethal kick that knows what it takes.

He is our missing link IMO and a 2 year deal would be on the cards if it were me. Hawks are going in the other direction to us and makes sense for both teams. Throw Dow in as a sweetener as well for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back