List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie Rioli apparently contemplating a move to Victoria would be of great interest to me. If we were able to lure him across along with Breust, we’d have completely transformed our forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not sure about Willie. Averages 12 touches and 1.1 goals per game (even less this year) and has had a 2 year spell for a drug infringement.

At 28 at the start of next year I can't see him doing any transforming. In fact I couldn't see him keeping Motlop or Durdin out of the team. Maybe others see something in him that I can't.

Not sure about Willie. Averages 12 touches and 1.1 goals per game (even less this year) and has had a 2 year spell for a drug infringement.

At 28 at the start of next year I can't see him doing any transforming. In fact I couldn't see him keeping Motlop or Durdin out of the team. Maybe others see something in him that I can't.
Durdin’s start of the year was promising but after he got that rising star nomination, he was very very average

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist. He's had 7 years. His body isn't up to the rigors of AFL football. Sad, but a fact.
Damn... we should have delisted Charlie Curnow last year then because his body obviously wasn't up to the rigors of AFL football. And Marchbank... and Doch... two ACL's in two years, two bouts of testicular cancer... his body is shot. Should delist him as well hey! Man... Gov's hamstrings go ping when there is a slight breeze pushing him... he needs to go as well.

Will be more disappointed if we retain him then his back is cooked by round 2 and clogs the list for a 3rd straight year.

Delist him.

Keep Sam Durdin
If his back wasn't cooked, would Melbourne have released him? Good player, but his back is shot. As someone who's back has been shot since 1988, I know what it's like.

Sick of the perpetual Kennedy bagging on here.

The difference between Kennedy and Setterfield is that Kennedy ghets his own ball and knows what to do with it and executed like an AFL player - he also wins one on ones.

Night and Day.
I’m not bagging Kennedy at all. I think he’s a very good player. I happen to think though that our balance in the midfield isn’t good when we play too many slow guys who are not great on transition. Cripps, Kennedy and Hewett is one too many for me. And I think Hewett is bette Ethan Kennedy. I actually love Kennedy. I also think he’s a better footballer than Setterfield. BUT I think Setters may be better for balancing up our mids if he can play like he did the last 2 games.

Was easily his best game. Had presence.
3 goals good I think it was. Led well to the ball and marked well under pressure a couple of times. Should have had 4 really but fluffed one shot. I'd give Kemp another year of development in the VFL as a third tall forward option rotating into the midfield next year. Put him on some chicken breasts for the offseason and let him loose in the gym. 8-10kg should see him fine.

Willie’s 2018 and 2019 were fantastic.

It’s a shame he had lengthy stint out, he was tracking to be that perfect link up half forward in the Michael Walters mould. Surprisingly beautiful footskills.

Maybe the best thing for him is to head to a Vic based club? He has a hell of a lot of family in Melbourne.

Rioli would be starting 22 in our side next year
And would be a damned good mentor to both Durdin and Motlop. Martin should be taking Honey under his wing and teaching him the HFF trade.

Maybe we have to move Gov back to the fwd line as our 3rd tall who can lead up to the wing as that outlet kick from the backline.

If Marchy can stay fit and play that 3rd/intercept tall or we play Kemp back there then it frees up Gov. I think the 3rd tall fwd is a big hole in our side as Voss seems reluctant to have either of H or Charlie to far up the ground or the traditional CHF.
I think you’re right Frumpy. I don’t think McGovern is a great spoiler unfortunately. Not a true third tall. Great intercept marker but I don’t really trust him in the backline. The massive advantage he gave our backline was kicking. Especially kicking in. He could rejoin the forwsrd group for sure.

But I’d say they will stick with him back.

He has basically spend the entire season playing a 2nd ruck role, which he is undersized for, he is a third forward who can contribute 30-35 goals a season in that role.

How many players go from having a best goal kicking year of 19 goals after 7 seasons and become 35 goal a year players?

Jack had quite a good season, if he plays a full season as the second ruck, a slight improvement on his disposals and goal kicking from this year would put him in a great spot. If he’s not taking second ruck, I feel he will be passed by a few players.

I think you’re right Frumpy. I don’t think McGovern is a great spoiler unfortunately. Not a true third tall. Great intercept marker but I don’t really trust him in the backline. The massive advantage he gave our backline was kicking. Especially kicking in. He could rejoin the forwsrd group for sure.

But I’d say they will stick with him back.
Agree, I don't see them going back on their decision to move him back after just one season

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back