List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we would have the picks/players to get a trade done or money to spend to get Zurhaar.

I wonder if putting up JSOS with a pick might get it done if he really wants out. I think we will be outbid by other clubs with decent pick and money to spend. He may also want to stay now they have clarkson.

Money is obviously an unknown but we have the picks to target quality players if we wanted. What do you think Zurhaar would be worth? Late 1st, 2nd+3rd?

If we targeted him, we could trade a future 1st, deal done.

It's pretty easy. Go to the top corner of your screen and you'll see a magnifying glass. Click that and put your poster name in and youll see what you have posted.

We get it, you're one of those people who tell it like it is . Doc isn't in our best 22, Charlie should have been traded for a late second last year. Will you at least concede that some people might take some of your trade suggestions with a grain of salt.

Dave Cuningham has some things that we desperately need, pace, great hands and a great finisher. If our medical department think that his body will come good (as Charlie's, Marchbank and McGovern's seem to have) then in would be ridiculous to delist him and replace him with a speculative fourth round pick. If it is deemed that his body won't stand up to it then by all means delist.

I think that pretty clear. It's been seven years already. He averages 6 games a year. But it's just one guy's opinion. If he stays on the list he stays on the list. I'm just a guy watching from afar. :)

Not sure about Willie. Averages 12 touches and 1.1 goals per game (even less this year) and has had a 2 year spell for a drug infringement.

At 28 at the start of next year I can't see him doing any transforming. In fact I couldn't see him keeping Motlop or Durdin out of the team. Maybe others see something in him that I can't.

Rather just develop Motlop and Durdin.

Carlton just isn’t interested in topping up with mid-ranked players, keen to immediately move on to recontracting McKay and Tom De Koning now that the season ends.

The Blues want to go back to the draft but have to make decisions on Liam Stocker, Ed Curnow, Lachie Fogarty and David Cuningham.
From John Ralph

I would be a little disappointed if we had much of a decision to make regarding Stocker, he’s had his setbacks but when fit, the coach has shown a willingness to play him in the senior side.

We currently have 4 live picks in the draft and hopefully a band 4-5 compo for Jones. The fact Dow was constantly overlooked despite our injuries, shows me the coach isn’t a fan and will be traded.

Thats enough trade capital for me, when can always trade a future second or third to get a stronger hand.

Anyone concerned that Harry wanted to put off contract talks to the end of the year? Probably just me...

Not concerned about Harry. Still a year to go on his current contract

Have always felt we may need to wait for that one to fall into place, as is his right.

He’ll want to bounce back from a ‘down’ year whilst we’ll want to push on from a 9th place finish.

Pretty confident he signs on mid next year. Will be surprised if it’s done sooner.

Not concerned about Harry. Still a year to go on his current contract

Have always felt we may need to wait for that one to fall into place, as is his right.

He’ll want to bounce back from a ‘down’ year whilst we’ll want to push on from a 9th place finish.

Pretty confident he signs on mid next year. Will be surprised if it’s done sooner.
I reckon March or early April. Signs the deal and boosts memberships for next year. Charlie signing just before the last game of the season gets the existing members reaching their pockets to renew their memberships.

Have I turned into that much of a cynic?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon March or early April. Signs the deal and boosts memberships for next year. Charlie signing just before the last game of the season gets the existing members reaching their pockets to renew their memberships.

Have I turned into that much of a cynic?
The Liddle affect

Think it’s just back to the draft now. I would prefer they try and move up rather than take many picks. I think late picks are a total raffle.

Personally I think each year for the next three the goal should be trading picks and players to get the highest picks we can.

We have a lot of capital in the list now. It’s been a great period of accumulation for us.

I am not sure they will want to trade out much. We won’t have the cap space to trade in much.

Could be a super quiet period for us.

I am not proposing this BUT they should think through:

• trading TDK who could attract a high pick, or good player and cap space
  • salary dump McGovern or Williams

Just a thought. They probably end up doing none of those. And I’m not really pushing it. More thinking about moves that could be pulled.

Not calling for Russell's head...

Though, I hope we do a full review of he's department...
Just to find out why we are getting the amount of injures we are and if there is anything we can do to prevent them...

We have been at the high end of the injury scale in the league for too long... There has to be a reason...

How many players go from having a best goal kicking year of 19 goals after 7 seasons and become 35 goal a year players?

Jack had quite a good season, if he plays a full season as the second ruck, a slight improvement on his disposals and goal kicking from this year would put him in a great spot. If he’s not taking second ruck, I feel he will be passed by a few players.
Was very disappointing on Sunday, got out marked and caught behind too often.

Need him to be more effective as a 3rd tall forward going forward, lacks agility or athleticism compared to others.

Everyone who is writing McDonald off will be bitterly disappointed when he's retained.

I believe he will stay, here's why...

1. He was given the year off, not the opportunity to regain fitness and play for his career. We've handled this issue before, this is how we do it. It appears clear we are planning for next year with him.

2. He's our best 22 CHB. As well as Young has done, McDonald is the better player.

3. He's the thing our list needs the most, a tall who can play key forward, key defender or 2nd ruck at a decent AFL level.

The only issue I can see is if his rehab is going poorly or he gives up.
Omac was not delisted he was retained as you say. There was a showing of faith towards him. I am not sure how good he is, but he is definitely up there with young fighting for that second KPD. That gives us the depth that we are all craving. IIRC Voss was pretty adamant that a key defender was not what we needed in the MSD. The Jones/omac/caleb/Mitch injuries are unlikely to repeat. If we get omac back and mitch and caleb stay fit we have enviable depth.
That said, I think its time we look at a young key defender , if the opportunity arises in the Draft. But lets not repeat the mistakes of years ago with hughes and rogers, and just jump at anything that looks like a defender. If they arent available, dont try to engineer it, wait another year.

I believe our defence has the ability to be the best in the league next year: Our talls are covered if all our fit with Mitch Caleb Weiters Omac and Young, But add Doc , Saad, Williams and Newman (under rated imo) and you have some elite talent there;Even Boyd showed us that with his disposal, that we have something interesting to work with.

But they need more defensive running from our mids to support them. we need to bolster this somehow. it may be that we already have it with existing mids, but continuity due to injury has been lacking, as has time together as a unit. The improvement in LOB and Cottrell, if it continues, could be enough. They are both elite runners, which is a start .

We also need to ensure that our forwards are not allowing easy exit, so our small forwards in particular , need to really become consistent in what they showed early and in glimpses later in the year. I think Motlop has shown enough that we should really work with him, and, we should see further improvement, given how young he was this year. Durdin showed signs and I would give him the nod ahead of honey and Owies. If fit Martin shows plenty in defensive forward capability

Will be more disappointed if we retain him then his back is cooked by round 2 and clogs the list for a 3rd straight year.

Delist him.

Keep Sam Durdin
Yes but that is just a wild guess, based on 3/5 of FA. There is no way for any of us to know this, so lets stop pretending that we do. Those that are paid to make these assessments are much better placed

Yeah he is the best/only 3rd tall with pace on our list so unless we get someone else to play that tall moving fwd then he would be my player at CHF.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree that is an option worth thinking about. Now that it appears that Charlie and harry are finally forming that duo that we all dreamt about 5+ years ago, mitch could come in and play the role that we traded him for. It didnt work early because both harry and charlie were constantly injured and still learning, and mitch himself was constantly injured.
But IF he can stay on the park and learn to play with H and C , then he would be a real handful.

Last edited:
Everyone who is writing McDonald off will be bitterly disappointed when he's retained.

I believe he will stay, here's why...

1. He was given the year off, not the opportunity to regain fitness and play for his career. We've handled this issue before, this is how we do it. It appears clear we are planning for next year with him.

2. He's our best 22 CHB. As well as Young has done, McDonald is the better player.

3. He's the thing our list needs the most, a tall who can play key forward, key defender or 2nd ruck at a decent AFL level.

The only issue I can see is if his rehab is going poorly or he gives up.
Talk to Melbourne supporters. He's got bigger issues than just rehab. He throws in absolute howlers at least once a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back