List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Stocker delisting is so strange there must be more to it, to do it so fast after his game in the VFL is also unexpected.

Normally these 50/50 calls are done after other players are looked at and compared and the decisions is left to the lasted possible period.

IMO something we don’t know has happened or there is a fault in his game that they believe is not fixable.

Trust the club, but i will miss Stockers attack on the ball and the man.

If he wants to go to North and North want him don’t they just walk him to the pre season draft and get him for free?
This strategy is normally left for a bigger player than Stocker. And why delist him so fast, strange call.

He was averaging 7 games a season and 13 touches a game out of a back pocket. There is a huge uplift in output needed before he can be of any consequence / bite. To say 'so hard its not funny' is a bit of a stretch thus far.
Good luck to him though and I hope he goes well.
You can throw numbers at me all you want without context but we all know his story and to throw him away so flippantly is just insulting mate

You can throw numbers at me all you want without context but we all know his story and to throw him away so flippantly is just insulting mate
Ok...Read your post and my reply....
You said it would come back to bite us in a big way. Was pointing out he has a long way to go to 'bite us in a big way'. Articulate what you are trying to point out!

Wish nothing but the best for him ( as stated also) Seems a good kid.

Ok...Read your post and my reply....
You said it would come back to bite us in a big way. Was pointing out he has a long way to go to 'bite us in a big way'. Articulate what you are trying to point out!

Wish nothing but the best for him ( as stated also) Seems a good kid.
It’s my initial reaction… why don’t you just ask me why I think that instead of throwing stats at my face and looking for an argument?

Brett Ratten started as a lowly back pocket….just sayin

^ 100% this.

But Stocker FFS?

I had 6 players that would likely go - being;

Fogarty
Cuningham
Williamson (Still on the list?)
Newnes
Philp
Hayes

And another 4 that were unlikely, but really should be cut, with;

Carroll
Curnow
Plowman
Setterfield

I'm gobsmacked that Stocker gets cut, and other who have shown nothing but average performances continually get gifted games.
I’m as disappointed as anyone that Stock was cut but if they cut Carrol I’d be absolutely pissed.

Agree with most of your list otherwise although still have some hope for Philp and would like to see if Setters can find consistency if played in midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But can you trade out an uncontracted player ? And why was he out of contract ?

Of course you can trade uncontracted players, the overwhelming majority of players traded are out of contract.

Lots of players and clubs will run down a contract, for a player in the hope of earning a better deal and for a club, because they want to trade them or delist them.

Wrong
He is a good kick that goes for that attacking kick which sometimes is difficult to pull off

Why do people keep coming back to this with players when it's simply not true (heard the same about Stock, hear the same about LOB) ? .. Carroll (I like Carroll) can kick some really sweet balls but he can shank the shit out of them like no one else as well - nothing to do with difficult kicks, nothing to do with being cute, just genuine, old-fashioned shanks off the side of the boot for no other reason than an unreliable technique. It's a significant concern and one that I hope can be close to eliminated bc he has a lot of potential with other aspects of his game.

Hmm whose opinion about player(s) do I think has more credibility Voss and coaches or some random BF posters ....

Tough one.
Just remember this is the club that has provided 20yrs of mediocrity. The club isn’t always right, in fact it gets it pretty wrong, most of the time.

I'm so p1$$ed right now.......we have spent 20 years looking for the next athletic Kouta and still have learned nothing about natural footballers.
I thought Bossy was better than that but here we are. This is a kick in the guts and to think who we just re-signed....FMD. I need a decent break over summer.....

Think you're drawing a long bow think Stocker could be the next Kouta:think:

Two stand out number 1 picks (Walsh and Weits) and two hits (Harry and Charlie)

Misses. Dow (3), SPS (5), LOB (10), Kemp (17), Stocker (19), Philp (20), Cuningham (23)

Im not sure how that’s a good success rate
The hits were big hits - 3x All Australians, Weitering should have been last year.

The misses are big misses.

I still have faith LOB and Kemp will be best 22 players.

Philp and Cunners are maybes.

Why do people keep coming back to this with players when it's simply not true (heard the same about Stock, hear the same about LOB) ? .. Carroll (I like Carroll) can kick some really sweet balls but he can shank the s**t out of them like no one else as well - nothing to do with difficult kicks, nothing to do with being cute, just genuine, old-fashioned shanks off the side of the boot for no other reason than an unreliable technique. It's a significant concern and one that I hope can be close to eliminated bc he has a lot of potential with other aspects of his game.
Maybe we see things differently, nothing wrong with that. I just call it the way I see it

Anyone see Sydney play on Friday night? They were awesome. Perfect team football. Every time a Sydney player had it in congestion, his hardworking teammates gave options. They tackled, pressured - did everything right.

Be great if we can be like that next year. But it means every player being on the same page, working hard both on and off the field, all the time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back