List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Was hoping I wouldn't have to be interested in list management stuff for a couple of more weeks at least.

Sure beats the season being over at the bye and already worrying about list management though.

Hopefully next year it can be after a deep finals campaign.

Operation get Elijah Tsatas and Blake Acres any way possible so we never have to worry about the wing position ever again.

Also somehow find a KPD to be back up to Young and Weiters

Delist: Plowman, Newnes, Fogarty, Williamson, Parks (r), McDonald (r), Hayes (r)
Trade bait: Pittonet (need more than tapwork), Dow (not used), Fisher (peak value, not really mid or forward), Newman (won't take us to the next level)
Assess: E.Curnow (injuries), Stocker (midfield potential)
Ideally replace: Durdin (r), Owies
Possible elevation: Cottrell, Owies

So that's anywhere from 5-13 list spots, probably landing around 7 or 8.
What do U get for Fish on the trade table?
Where(ish) does the pick sit? or who could U trade for to make us stronger? (Don’t care how the trade gets done- 2 way, 3 way etc) just what player it could be.

Trade/Delist the following players who are either too soft or do not have the foot skills / decision making for elite AFL level:

Plowman
Young
Fogarty
Dow
O'Brien
Cottrell
Durdin
Owies

Your getting rid of the key back that’s done a better job than Weiters in the past two weeks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longer he's there, the more work the opposition will put into him. Happy for him to slide back into the defensive look, he just needed to stop cooking his runs to deliver the football.

The longer he's there the more he will improve.

I think bringing Kemp into the half back role is a bonus long term too.

What do U get for Fish on the trade table?
Where(ish) does the pick sit? or who could U trade for to make us stronger? (Don’t care how the trade gets done- 2 way, 3 way etc) just what player it could be.
Might be able to send him and 10 to West Coast for 2, might be able to get a pick in the 11-20 range, might be able orchestrate a series of picks that can be used to refresh the list with either selections or players.

Lots of options these days. Postionally, I would be look to beef us up in the outside midfield contingent in the short and long term, and also longer term looking to develop an elite forward with speed and ground level pressure (regardless of height), a quick small defender, and a tall for either end.

Unlikely that will be able to balance out the list that much, but we are in a position where we can take what the off-season offers us in terms of trades, free agency and the like, just have to make a couple of tougher decisions. Coupled with most of our more pressing list needs not being the types that tend to go top 5-10, I think we may have an opportunity to wheel and deal.
Why ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why not? I still think he has more to offer than Newnes and Hayes, assuming he's fit. More likely to be retiring though.
The longer he's there the more he will improve.

I think bringing Kemp into the half back role is a bonus long term too.
I think it's becoming very clear that Kemp should be focused on playing as a midfield utility that can push forward, and the list favours him doing that too.

Our list is good enough. We can improve on our wingers. That’s about it In the short term.

We are waiting for our coaches and transition plan to catch up with our list quality.

Think he can be our Sicily down back. Will be interesting to see where they go with him but I'd be disappointed if he isn't somewhere in the best 22 come next season.
He's much more talented than Sicily.

We need football IQ all over the ground. So many dumb players.. I’d love Breust for a start.
We need Boyd to be the small defender that also provides drive. Stocker will be okay but it’s not his go.
TDK needs to come on.
Pittonet won’t take us anywhere. 3 marks total in last 3 games
Acres on the wing. Walsh on the other.
Need to recruit/draft an elite kicking midfielder.
Zurhaar id like too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setterfield had a solid final 2 games. He still sits behind Hewett and Kennedy and therefore is behind the pecking order for a midfield gig, so I suspect he may explore around for a different suitor.
He actually would suit the bombers and would get plenty of inside mid time with them

Huge if but would be great to have Gov, Marchy and Martin play 20+ games.
Also really like Boyd and his disposal, gave us something different of half back
I’d also be telling Stocker to build a tank. I think he can be our Callan Ward.
Also need to work out where Kemp and Philip fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back